What Car do you Drive?

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:13 am

okay, this is one of the only parts of physics that completely and utterly baffles me...I'd like someone who knows what they're talking about to explain it...

How can a car go faster with all that huge extra shit on it (see above picture) than one that doesn't? I understand the law of aerodynamics and all, but I just don't get how it could go faster even though all that shit is huge and must way a ton?
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

THE REAL DEAL
Standard
Standard

Post by THE REAL DEAL » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:12 am

dancing queen iu wrote:okay, this is one of the only parts of physics that completely and utterly baffles me...I'd like someone who knows what they're talking about to explain it...

How can a car go faster with all that huge extra shit on it (see above picture) than one that doesn't? I understand the law of aerodynamics and all, but I just don't get how it could go faster even though all that shit is huge and must way a ton?
it doesnt go any faster
Steve a.k.a. DJ Side One

I AM THE REAL DEAL!!!

helitrash SaS: i want cock
helitrash SaS: adoodledoo

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:51 am

then why would you put it on the car?

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:29 am

dancing queen iu wrote:then why would you put it on the car?
Because it makes their penis larger... Duh!

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:31 am

If they're done properly, and at high enough speeds a spoiler on the front and on the back of a car will add downforce to a car... keeping it on the ground a bit better, affects how it handles and whatnot.

At least, that's what the ricer in me wants to believe. :twisted:

edit: But most of the people with big ass spoilers on their cars just do it because they thinks it's cool as hell... which can be true from time to time. No one drives fast enough on the streets to have a spoiler make any difference in handling.

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:30 am

Grubb wrote:
dancing queen iu wrote:then why would you put it on the car?
Because it makes their penis larger... Duh!
lol

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:45 am

The first car, the old Toyota, is an old bosozuko. The second car has over 900 hp and won the Pikes Peak hill climb.

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:40 pm

haha, my hachiroku's engine melted. time to get a fast engine. estimated install time: 3 days, starting at the end of next week. :)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:13 pm

Finally got around to taking the pictures. I drive a 1984 Toyota Camry. That's right, the car is (slightly) older than the driver.

Sorry, only one antenna on the car right now.

And engine shots are not only cool (not really), but mandatory (or so it seems):
Behold the not-crowdedness that is my car's front end. No need to liquify anything to make it fit in here!
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

THE REAL DEAL
Standard
Standard

Post by THE REAL DEAL » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:13 am

Spazz wrote:If they're done properly, and at high enough speeds a spoiler on the front and on the back of a car will add downforce to a car... keeping it on the ground a bit better, affects how it handles and whatnot.

At least, that's what the ricer in me wants to believe. :twisted:

edit: But most of the people with big ass spoilers on their cars just do it because they thinks it's cool as hell... which can be true from time to time. No one drives fast enough on the streets to have a spoiler make any difference in handling.
i'd just like you to know that i was really close to punching you in the fucking face when you decided it would be funny to talk shit about my car when I was standing RIGHT THERE. you're lucky i have self control and walked away or i would have knocked your ass out right there.

btw, the hood pins have been installed tonight. they were even sitting in the car while you were talking shit.
Steve a.k.a. DJ Side One

I AM THE REAL DEAL!!!

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:17 am

^ he's right. chris, you have no room to clown on anyone, you spent $14,000 on a neon and it wasn't even the SRT-4. gg.

-- Fujiwara Bunta, whose car doesn't run, but can be opinionated because he doesn't have as bad of a history with cars as the aforementioned person in question.

(Engine goes in 20 days! I can't wait.)

vtec@5400
Standard
Standard

Post by vtec@5400 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:11 am

MonMotha wrote:Finally got around to taking the pictures. I drive a 1984 Toyota Camry. That's right, the car is (slightly) older than the driver.

Sorry, only one antenna on the car right now.

And engine shots are not only cool (not really), but mandatory (or so it seems):
Behold the not-crowdedness that is my car's front end. No need to liquify anything to make it fit in here!
That things looking clean!

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:59 pm

Fujiwara Bunta wrote:^ he's right. chris, you have no room to clown on anyone, you spent $14,000 on a neon and it wasn't even the SRT-4. gg.

-- Fujiwara Bunta, whose car doesn't run, but can be opinionated because he doesn't have as bad of a history with cars as the aforementioned person in question.

Spent 14 grand on a Neon with a 7 year warrenty that I can drive around if I decide to mess up my real car. Good insult Joe. Go to Indycarz and see if it hurts anyone's feeling.

And Steve... my girlfriend was making fun of your messed up hood, not me. Which makes it a dozen times better.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:05 pm

lol a neon
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

THE REAL DEAL
Standard
Standard

Post by THE REAL DEAL » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:49 pm

Spazz wrote:
Fujiwara Bunta wrote:^ he's right. chris, you have no room to clown on anyone, you spent $14,000 on a neon and it wasn't even the SRT-4. gg.

Spent 14 grand on a Neon with a 7 year warrenty that I can drive around if I decide to mess up my real car. Good insult Joe. Go to Indycarz and see if it hurts anyone's feeling.

And Steve... my girlfriend was making fun of your messed up hood, not me. Which makes it a dozen times better.
well tell your little girlfriend that she has no room to talk with that ford taurus. i'll show you how a black eye and missing teeth makes you look a dozen times better.
Steve a.k.a. DJ Side One

I AM THE REAL DEAL!!!