High School

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

bunnydreams
Standard
Standard

Post by bunnydreams » Sat May 28, 2005 12:25 am

My college is gay...cause I have no frat parties or anything cool happening...
I go to a community college thingie to get my associates in nursing, one benefit is....school ends in May...lolol. XD w00t.

College isn't that hard to me...I just procrastinate too much.. ^^;
:O

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat May 28, 2005 12:37 am

At least with a degree in nursing/medical, you'll never be out of a job.
I contemplated going to school for a degree in nuclear medecine and radiology, but decided I wouldn't want to do that the rest of my life.

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Sat May 28, 2005 12:44 am

*BEGIN VENT

ok, Grad night tonight right? suppost to be fun with the friends you wont get to see, chilling out, etc. Well, the few friends I have blew that for me. 4 promises, 4 lies. Maybe thatll teach me to ever stick my neck out for someone again. Fuck this, the HS bullshit drama issent worth my time or frusteration anymore.

*END

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat May 28, 2005 11:48 am

you'll learn over time to not get so worked up about the little meaningless things.

as for my advice? if you want to party, don't be an idiot about it. know your limits as to do a few things:
1) save people's sweet sweet linolium(sp wooey!) floors
2) save your belly
3) save embarrasment

also there's the whole drinking in excess can lead to addiction. so watch that plz. I've seen way too many aquaintences(sp!) write off the "hard stuff" as evil and then go to town with drinking and come out of college with quite a nice drinking habit.

also realize that there's a time to play and a time to work.

that's what i wish i had been told before i went to college. oh also don't smoke pot in the dorms. you get busted.
insert code compile execute return

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Sat May 28, 2005 1:14 pm

Yeah, my girlfriend's brother got caught smoking pot at Ball State in his dorms and it was a big fiasco.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sat May 28, 2005 1:26 pm

I was suspected of smoking pot in my dorm and questioned by a cop about it. Does that count?

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat May 28, 2005 4:18 pm

Adam, that's just because you look like a pot head. :wink:

Crotis Jivefunk
Standard
Standard

Post by Crotis Jivefunk » Sat May 28, 2005 10:38 pm

i'm in yamcha's class, so all i have to say is FUCK YEAH!!! NO MORE HIGH SCHOOL EVER!! FUCK YOU MR. CARR!!!! I'M FREE!!!

in all seriousness, up until this year high school was shit. just took me a while to open up, be more social, try new things, try harder to make friends, etc. senior year was like a fresh start. i'm looking forward to ball state, though my sister's made a bet i'll party too much and flunk out.

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Sat May 28, 2005 10:39 pm

Crotis Jivefunk wrote: i'm looking forward to ball state, though my sister's made a bet i'll party too much and flunk out.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DjKARL
Standard
Standard

Post by DjKARL » Sun May 29, 2005 11:31 am

Ball U? Yeah...you get accepted by turning in a letter of intrest..lol! But seroiusly...It's been about 5 years since I graduated, and here's some sound advice from a college/millitary guy:

1. Don't live at home, the drama of family can be waaaaay too much if you're a full-time student.

2. Don't party too much, cause you'll get burnt out from the daily grind (classes at 8-3, go home, change, go to work, change, drink a fifth of vodka, pass out, repeat)

3. Don't poke smot, you'll forget...uhm...something...yeah!

4. buy one thing a month with a credit card, pay it off, then hide the card...you'll get a good credit record, and not have to deal with (too ) much debt.

5. If all else fails...there's always the military...

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun May 29, 2005 4:54 pm

If all else fails, there's always becoming a hobo.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

gasflame
Standard
Standard

Post by gasflame » Sun May 29, 2005 6:36 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:If all else fails, there's always becoming a hobo.
And there's nothing wrong with being a hobo. Besides the fact that everyone points and laughs at you...

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Sun May 29, 2005 11:44 pm

Hells yes I'm glad it's over. Ready for a change of scenery - Purdue next year for me. Some of my friends are going up there for engineering, Computer Graphics Tech for me. I took more advance classes in high school than I'll need for my major... so I don't suspect anything too hard next year.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Mon May 30, 2005 1:13 am

DjKARL wrote:Ball U? Yeah...you get accepted by turning in a letter of intrest..lol!
Dude, it didn't even take that much for me.
They sent me a letter about me being accepted, and I hadn't applied, taken a tour, or anything.
It's cause I went to the academy I guess, so they just say, HEY YOU CAN COME IF YOU WANT!!!!
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon May 30, 2005 11:00 am

Ryan Dognaux wrote:I took more advance classes in high school than I'll need for my major... so I don't suspect anything too hard next year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

purdue...not hard...purdue makes stuff hard just to make you more miserable. luckily you don't have to do the full physics for cgt or you'd be crying. god do i hate hate hate hate hate physics...and their god damn CHIP. if you ever saw the trailer for "passion of the christ reloaded" my friends did it and they're CGTs at purdue.
insert code compile execute return