[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Original Sin wrote:
Riot wrote:It's been my observation that the people that are the most socially and emotionally unstable are the ones that obsess and stockpile guns. Just sayin'.
And I'm sure your observations are 100% accurate, given that you're a college aged suburban white boy who plays DDR and posts on the internet.
You obviously know everything.
I do know everything, but it's not because I'm white, lived in a suburb, and used to play DDR and barely do now.

Out of the people I know in real life and from what I've seen on the Internet, I just see vast similarities between people that stockpile weapons and those that don't. I don't want to piss you off or anything (cuz I might get shot!), but I'm just saying... the only thing I remember about ever being around you in real life a long time ago at Putt Putt was that you carried around a knife and were bragging about pulling it on people.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:01 pm

Riot wrote:

I do know everything, but it's not because I'm white, lived in a suburb, and used to play DDR and barely do now.

Out of the people I know in real life and from what I've seen on the Internet, I just see vast similarities between people that stockpile weapons and those that don't. I don't want to piss you off or anything (cuz I might get shot!), but I'm just saying... the only thing I remember about ever being around you in real life a long time ago at Putt Putt was that you carried around a knife and were bragging about pulling it on people.
I don't recall ever meeting you, but it's possible. Probably was ages ago. I do carry a knife, but I've only had to pull it once, and didn't use it. I was outnumbered 4 to one, and they were all high as kites. It scared off two of them, so it evened the odds a little.
I don't brag about that though. If you heard me talking about pulling a knife on people, it was probably me and Chris joking around. That we do quite a bit, but it's in jest.

There are nut jobs that stockpile guns, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying there are a large number of people who do, and aren't nuts. The market for collectable military surplus weapons is huge.
But, the ones that are nuts are usually extreme patriots, or they're afraid of the government. I'm niether...I just like the history behind a lot of the guns I have...knowing that a soldier fought and maybe died holding something that you now hold is an interesting notion. It's like holding a little piece of the past.

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:02 pm

Original Sin wrote:
Riot wrote:

I don't recall ever meeting you, but it's possible. Probably was ages ago. I do carry a knife, but I've only had to pull it once, and didn't use it. I was outnumbered 4 to one, and they were all high as kites. It scared off two of them, so it evened the odds a little.
I don't brag about that though. If you heard me talking about pulling a knife on people, it was probably me and Chris joking around. That we do quite a bit, but it's in jest.

There are nut jobs that stockpile guns, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying there are a large number of people who do, and aren't nuts. The market for collectable military surplus weapons is huge.
But, the ones that are nuts are usually extreme patriots, or they're afraid of the government. I'm niether...I just like the history behind a lot of the guns I have...knowing that a soldier fought and maybe died holding something that you now hold is an interesting notion. It's like holding a little piece of the past.
That and feeling the recoil as you fire rounds from it's phallic goodness.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:08 pm

[/quote]That and feeling the recoil as you fire rounds from it's phallic goodness.[/quote]

lol, nice. But yeah, shooting those old rifles is good stress relief. The intense recoil, coupled with watching whatever is on the other end get blown to bits...watermelons, pumpkins, etc. Squishy things blow up good.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:12 pm

http://www.filecabi.net/video/marine-grunts.html
"the few the proud the marines"
fuck america
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:51 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:http://www.filecabi.net/video/marine-grunts.html
fuck america
Please tell me that you're not disappointed in the way that they're behaving. I'm absolutely against the current military action, but seriously... those guys have carte blanch from me to do whatever they want and act however they want as long as they're not raping children and women. Oh, wait, the ones that actually deserve your disappointment are doing that :p

War's hell man.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:00 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:http://www.filecabi.net/video/marine-grunts.html
fuck america

"Do you hear that?"

"prrrr"

"thats the fucking predator"

LOL
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:05 pm

Spazz wrote:War's hell man.

Maybe its time society grows the fuck up, takes its own advice, and stops trying to use violence to solve things

I swear to god i was born into the kindergarten period of the human race
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:04 pm

Potter wrote: Maybe its time society grows the fuck up, takes its own advice, and stops trying to use violence to solve things

I swear to god i was born into the kindergarten period of the human race
Woah there Ghandi, take a look at what you just said and then look in the mirror. Actually, look at every post you've ever made.

I'm not making a claim here, but growing up isn't something that any of us can point a finger with - a little introspection might help you understand why people do dumb things.

The video was pretty disgraceful and unethical. Instead of placing blame on the entire Marines, though, understand that ethics are also on a person-to-person basis. Had someone other than a private seen this video before it left their hands I doubt they would go unpunished.

Besides, marine or not, how do you think a bunch of 18-21 year old boys are going to act in the middle of hell? You weren't born in the middle of 'kindergarten'; it's been this way for a long, long, long, long, long, long time. Look at the 20th century in its entirety in terms of World Wars, genocides, assassinations and dictatorships. It's nothing new.

And if you really want to get ugly, look at Latin American history during the 20th century. Pick any random country south of our border, do a little political research, and tell me that this problem of war as solution is unique to the our society.

In a nutshell, complaining about people using violence to solve things is like complaining that the sky is blue. Like it or not, agree with it or not, there will always be evil in this world and there will always be people that want someone else dead - all we can do is (unfortunately but frequently violently) contain them.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:50 pm

oh god, don't even want to start with you

!. you do not know me at all. the potter you know is a kid that used to post a bunch of dumb shit on an old ddr forum when he was 12. things change

2. Don't say "evil", it has nothing to do with it. we say the countries we fight are evil, they say were evil, theres no good and evil, just hate. Yes, you and society as a whole do need to grow up, gain some intellectual understanding, and look a little further than "WHOEVER DISAGREES WITH MY VIEWPOINTS AND PERCEPTION OF RIGHT DOING IS EVIL"

3. a bit of introspective viewing shows me nothing but how good a world could be if people would grow up, open there eyes, stop being so ignorant and full of blind faith, and maybe gain some intelligence and some intellectual thought capacity. Don't even get me started "shammers", in that tiny little mind of yours you really have zero idea about what you perceive as an existing 3 dimensional "world" and "people" and the way they act and why they act. I will go no further with you

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:19 pm

General Tecumseh Sherman wrote:War is hell.
I'm the only one who pays attention in my World History class...>_> That quote was from the Civil War era, I believe.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:00 am

Potter wrote:oh god, don't even want to start with you

2. Don't say "evil", it has nothing to do with it. we say the countries we fight are evil, they say were evil, theres no good and evil, just hate. Yes, you and society as a whole do need to grow up, gain some intellectual understanding, and look a little further than "WHOEVER DISAGREES WITH MY VIEWPOINTS AND PERCEPTION OF RIGHT DOING IS EVIL"

HOOOOOOOOOOLD UP small man. There's no "we" involved in the evil thing. A group of people withing our society does these things to justify their actions. Slow down with the finger pointing and the name calling.

For someone preaching peace, you're rather quick to jump on Sam about how you're right and he's wrong. Take a look at yourself and understand that human being will likely never transcend onto the higher level of thinking that is, "Help each other before we help ourselves". It's hardcoded, it's an instinct. We always look out for numero uno, even it if appears that we're helping others.

Shush now.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:11 am

negs

As in "we" I was speaking of this country, in war. Just an example of how two conflicting parties with different viewpoints and way of life will deem each other "evil".

Never said anything about right and wrong. there is no right and wrong for one thing. and yes sam, we can point fingers. if the human race keeps up this lolly gagging we will get nowhere. It has to start somewhere

And it has nothing to do with helping other people vs ourselves. If the average person was intelligent enough they would see everything is them and everything effects them. Most in the immediate life. Its pretty obvious stuff. This is ground I am definitely not going to discuss on a ddr forum though.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:28 am

awwww we have a budding existentialist on our hands!
insert code compile execute return

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:58 am

I interrupt this discussion for a (more important?) other one. This excerpt was taken from IndyStar.com
IndyStar.com wrote:Two New Palestine High School students remained in an Indianapolis hospital late Saturday following a traffic crash that claimed the life of their friend and fellow student.

Kevin Webber, 17, was driving east on Hancock County Road 100 South, about four miles south of New Palestine, at 11:30 p.m. Friday when he lost control of the car, which smashed into a tree, killing him, said sheriff's Maj. Joe Hunt.
Back seat passenger Corey Suits, 16, was in critical condition, and front seat passenger Amanda Jones, 18, was in stable condition late Saturday in Methodist Hospital, Hunt said.
Webber was a senior at New Palestine High. Jones is a senior and Suits a junior.
Hunt said investigators believe the three teens had left Suits' residence but were unsure where they were headed.
Webber and Jones were wearing seat belts, but Suits was not, he said.
Investigators do not believe alcohol or drugs were involved in the crash, which remains under investigation, Hunt said.
I personally only knew one of the crash victims; Corey Suits. For all I've heard of him, he wasn't the cleanest character. He supposedly did lots of marijuana, was a local member of the KKK (it's big here in New Pal; I'm glad to say I'm totally against it, but that's aside the point), and he always harassed anyone within earshot. I remember just 3 minutes after giving blood for the first time, he came up to me and said that the needle was infected with AIDS* and I was gonna die. Here's hoping they use my blood to bring him back to life, in a cool sense of irony.

It's never good to wish ill will on a person, but maybe he can use this to turn his life around, if he turns his life around. I hate to shout "karma!," but he's in really bad shape, unlisted in the article. From what I've heard, not only is Suits in a coma, he has a punctured and collapsed lung, broken ribs, and a broken arm. I hate to say "he deserved it," but maybe through this he can realize how vain he's been living his life.

*A needle cannot be infected with AIDS, only HIV. Shows his ignorance.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."