[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:34 am

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:15 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:People won't shut up about that game since it was re-released. Merk, out of 10 what would you rate it?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:33 am

I'm surprised it took so long to be re-released. I'll probably just download it since my options are either buy the SNES and cart (expensive) or WiiU (more expensive.)

Two questions:

1. Does it have multiple endings that are based on choices you make in game, or is it linear?

2. Does it have RPG bullshit like missable characters if I don't talk to someone at the right time, or can I just go at it sans-guide?

I don't really care about missing a treasure chest here or there, but in games like Star Ocean, you could miss entire characters and story.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:36 am

It is about as linear as you can possibly get for an RPG and does not require a guide. There is nothing important that is missable - there are some extremely rare items (ie, items that have a 1/128 chance of dropping) that you can grind to get but the game is in no way balanced around having these items.

There is only one ending and there are as far as I remember no choices at all that you can make that deviate the story. You are more or less a silent protagonist going from town to town on rails. It's one of those games that was easier to appreciate when it came out since nothing like it had been done before.

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Post by WyomingMyst » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 pm

FREAKING MICROSOFT and your bloody worthless Windows Firewall, completely running my Sunday and forcing me to travel to Ohio. (At least I got to go to Raising Cane's!)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:56 pm

WyomingMyst wrote:FREAKING MICROSOFT and your bloody worthless Windows Firewall, completely running my Sunday and forcing me to travel to Ohio. (At least I got to go to Raising Cane's!)
if one of the first things you do on a new windows installation isn't disable the windows firewall/internet sharing service, you're doing it wrong
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Merk wrote:It is about as linear as you can possibly get for an RPG and does not require a guide. There is nothing important that is missable - there are some extremely rare items (ie, items that have a 1/128 chance of dropping) that you can grind to get but the game is in no way balanced around having these items.

There is only one ending and there are as far as I remember no choices at all that you can make that deviate the story. You are more or less a silent protagonist going from town to town on rails. It's one of those games that was easier to appreciate when it came out since nothing like it had been done before.
It is possible to accidentally miss some story bosses, though. Not permanently, I just went passed them unknowingly and had to return to them later to advance the story. But it was kind of lame trekking around finding these ditzy bosses that I was way overleveled for.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:08 am

I'd always thought those Keurig things were the epitome of useless devices, but they're actually pretty cool. Shoutouts to Riot.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:03 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I'd always thought those Keurig things were the epitome of useless devices, but they're actually pretty cool. Shoutouts to Riot.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Meg doesn't really like it for some reason.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Riot wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I'd always thought those Keurig things were the epitome of useless devices, but they're actually pretty cool. Shoutouts to Riot.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Meg doesn't really like it for some reason.
Please ask her why.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:13 pm

Nothing lost.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:44 pm