[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:08 pm

MonMotha wrote:Is it really that hard to middle-click? Honestly I prefer that to all the JS tricks and whatnot people do to force things to open in new tabs. You know, maybe I WANT to replace the currently open page...
Replacing IndyDDR with any other page is blasphemous.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:40 pm

Yeah, well I outrank you, so buzz off. Because we all know that forum rank is the most important thing.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:26 am

http://brianho.livejournal.com/56152.html

Brian I am sorry that whatever mindless drivel that spewed out of my mouth caused you to hate IndyDDR and ponder quitting. I take full responsibility.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:36 am

I should have permabanned you when I had the chance. ;)

I guess that was right before The Great Reset. Yeah...that was a dark time when babbys' balls dropped and they wanted to slap them up against other babbys so they could be big babbys.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:46 am

I'm glad I stuck with it...and I'm glad people settled down for the most part. And now we have our nice, quiet little corner of the web here.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:31 am

Yeah I was just looking through the "IndyDDR News" section of the forum and went back to the earliest posts. Clicked your livejournal link and read. I still really wish there was some archive of the posts from the old board. I think I signed up in 2001 or 2002 and really want to see what kind of garbled mess I posted back in high school.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:41 pm

Riot wrote:Yeah I was just looking through the "IndyDDR News" section of the forum and went back to the earliest posts. Clicked your livejournal link and read. I still really wish there was some archive of the posts from the old board. I think I signed up in 2001 or 2002 and really want to see what kind of garbled mess I posted back in high school.
I know that the data exists, and there's been talk off and on about trying to find a good way to make it available for viewing. It's a non-trivial undertaking (though it shouldn't be terribly awful), though, and I'm not sure anybody has the motivation at the moment.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:30 pm

Ho wrote:that was a dark time when babbys' balls dropped and they wanted to slap them up against other babbys so they could be big babbys.

lol please tell me you're talking about me
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Potter wrote:
Ho wrote:that was a dark time when babbys' balls dropped and they wanted to slap them up against other babbys so they could be big babbys.

lol please tell me you're talking about me
What? No! Your balls never dropped. You'll always be 13 in our eyes.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:27 pm

MonMotha wrote:
Riot wrote:Yeah I was just looking through the "IndyDDR News" section of the forum and went back to the earliest posts. Clicked your livejournal link and read. I still really wish there was some archive of the posts from the old board. I think I signed up in 2001 or 2002 and really want to see what kind of garbled mess I posted back in high school.
I know that the data exists, and there's been talk off and on about trying to find a good way to make it available for viewing. It's a non-trivial undertaking (though it shouldn't be terribly awful), though, and I'm not sure anybody has the motivation at the moment.
This is pretty much the situation. Somebody mail me some motivation!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:38 pm

uhhhh, it would make for some fun browsing and quoting old dumb stuff that we said 15 years ago! It would be really interesting to read a digital archive from something that doesn't seeeeeem that long ago but will be pushing nearly two decades old soon.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:55 am

I was going to do it for the 10 year anniversary, but it came and went. Then, I thought it would be funny to do it for the 11 year anniversary because that's not one that most people/places make a big deal out of. But that came and went, too.

This year is actually the 15 year anniversary. Will this happen before the end of the year? We'll just have to see...

(but probably not)

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:57 pm

If the issue keeping the theme and all the stuff exactly how it was, I don't think that's a big deal. I think people just wanna read posts from so long ago.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:02 pm

The issue is that I'd have to install phpBB 2 and restore the old database. I have backups of all the old stuff, but they're in chunks. I'd have to merge several backups together to get the full archive.

I've actually started this twice in the past 5 years. It's not that it's the hardest thing in the world to do, but it's not zero effort either. In a world of things I have to do and things want to do, this one just hasn't risen to the top long enough to actually get it done.