ERG! Blueshark is sold out until forever :(

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Re: ERG! Blueshark is sold out until forever :(

Post by danc1005 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 pm

I remember when I tried getting KIU to work once I got a lot of trouble and much confusion, but no working Pump emulation.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed May 14, 2008 1:24 pm

I got Kick it Up to work once....it is BAD!!!....stick with SM if you like Pro style anyways...if you want pump style, get Exceed for PS2 or a hacked Pump PC. There is another one called Direct Move that is a favorable simulator in Korea....I have NEVER got it to work, it gives me some warning in Korean and so I say fuck it, delete it and go back to SM.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed May 14, 2008 3:29 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:good for me since i like pro style holds much better than pump holds +_+
Play Extravaganza [A] CZ with Pro style holds (which you can't do on Pro because it lacks Another charts) and tell me that :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed May 14, 2008 6:42 pm

MonMotha wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote:good for me since i like pro style holds much better than pump holds +_+
Play Extravaganza [A] CZ with Pro style holds (which you can do on Pro because of edits) and tell me that :)

Fixed :D

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed May 14, 2008 6:45 pm

I guess the music is the same for that one. Some of the Anothers actually have different audio tracks, which would mess that up. I also keep thinking that the Stepmania editor can't represent all of PIU (it can't), but that doesn't matter if you're only going for PIU Pro's functionality, which is limited to what Stepmania can represent to begin with.

Anyway, suffice to say, the end will be a lot harder than on "real" PIU.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Thu May 15, 2008 10:46 am

oh i certainly wouldn't argue that pump holds make the songs easier to pass since it gives u life back :)
groovestats
<3 blackcat

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu May 15, 2008 11:04 am

That's not the issue here...

Have you ever played Extravaganza [A] CZ? The end consists of a bunch of full spins at reasonably fast speeds. They're holds, so you can't double step them like seemingly all ITG players would, since you'll drop the holds (which give 32nd notes at 195) and get tons of misses. However, since they're all ONLY holds, the way most people seem to do it (myself included) is to just treat it like a 5 panel hold, taking advantage of the fact that you don't have to attack holds in PIU. On Pro, you'd have to actually attack each hold, which pretty much means doing the turns, unless the 8th note holds are slow enough that you can double step it without dropping the last "tick".

As for making things easier because they give you life back, yes sometimes. They can also make things much harder because they take away a LOT of the stage break bar when you drop them. It really depends on the nature of the hold. The holds in Chimera are a great example of this. There's lots of "free" perfects in there, but I'm guessing you can't get them all. Even if you use your hands, it's tough to hit all those holds while still hitting the necessary tap steps.

Another great example would be to consider the ITG Queen of Light Expert chart, but with PIU style holds running reasonably fast. The way I see most people play it, they'd be getting at least one miss on every one of those holds. You have to hold it all the way to the very end (the last "tick" gives you a perfect or miss, right when the very end of the visible hold hits the static targets) on PIU, while on ITG/DDR, you can drop the hold early as long as the timer for a "N.G." doesn't expire before the end of the hold. You can also pick the hold back up with no penalty as long as you do it quickly enough. On PIU, while you can pick a hold back up at any time, you have to be on it at every "tick" otherwise you'll get the miss. This means that you can't let off a hold to hit another tap step. That tap is by definition on a tick, which means that you're not on the hold (you're instead hitting the tap), which means you get a miss for not being on the hold, even though you hit the tap.

There's some stuff that's way easier for me on Pro than real PIU due to nerfed holds, stops, and the easier life bar. I can make it all the way to the "second ending" of Wi-Ex-Doc-Va NM on Pro, while I tend to stage break fail in the section with all the stops on PIU.

FYI, there are some holds on NX2 you *really* don't want to drop. They may look innocuous, but some tiny looking holds have >51 steps, which is an immediate stage break fail for a 51 miss combo even if stage break is disabled!
A normality test:
+++ATH

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu May 15, 2008 11:34 am

MonMotha wrote:FYI, there are some holds on NX2 you *really* don't want to drop. They may look innocuous, but some tiny looking holds have >51 steps, which is an immediate stage break fail for a 51 miss combo even if stage break is disabled!
The end of It's My Business CZ has a 50 hold.
The end of Beat the Ghost NM is a 57 or 58 hold.
The middle of Fire Game (formally known as Fire) Another CZ the hold is worth like 475.

One thing that NX2 can do with it's engine that is both cool and retarded at the same time. On It's my Buisness Another Nightmare, there will be stops in the song at certain parts, shortly after a jump or a step, if you keep your feet at the possition of the Jump or step during the stop it gives you a hold value, if you don't it doesn't give you a miss value. You can see it in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZs00fuGoy0 WinDEU will actually step off in mid hold and get no misses and then pick it right back up.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Fri May 16, 2008 1:55 pm

yeah and end of for you nm has 1500+ note hold?

wait.. why are stops easier on pro?

I really like pro/itg holds the way they are, although I wouldn't mind if they changed it so you had to hold it down until the very end in order to get the point like what you were talking about in queen of light.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Fri May 16, 2008 10:02 pm

MonMotha wrote:That's not the issue here...

Have you ever played Extravaganza [A] CZ? The end consists of a bunch of full spins at reasonably fast speeds. They're holds, so you can't double step them like seemingly all ITG players would, since you'll drop the holds (which give 32nd notes at 195) and get tons of misses. However, since they're all ONLY holds, the way most people seem to do it (myself included) is to just treat it like a 5 panel hold, taking advantage of the fact that you don't have to attack holds in PIU. On Pro, you'd have to actually attack each hold, which pretty much means doing the turns, unless the 8th note holds are slow enough that you can double step it without dropping the last "tick".

As for making things easier because they give you life back, yes sometimes. They can also make things much harder because they take away a LOT of the stage break bar when you drop them. It really depends on the nature of the hold. The holds in Chimera are a great example of this. There's lots of "free" perfects in there, but I'm guessing you can't get them all. Even if you use your hands, it's tough to hit all those holds while still hitting the necessary tap steps.

Another great example would be to consider the ITG Queen of Light Expert chart, but with PIU style holds running reasonably fast. The way I see most people play it, they'd be getting at least one miss on every one of those holds. You have to hold it all the way to the very end (the last "tick" gives you a perfect or miss, right when the very end of the visible hold hits the static targets) on PIU, while on ITG/DDR, you can drop the hold early as long as the timer for a "N.G." doesn't expire before the end of the hold. You can also pick the hold back up with no penalty as long as you do it quickly enough. On PIU, while you can pick a hold back up at any time, you have to be on it at every "tick" otherwise you'll get the miss. This means that you can't let off a hold to hit another tap step. That tap is by definition on a tick, which means that you're not on the hold (you're instead hitting the tap), which means you get a miss for not being on the hold, even though you hit the tap.

There's some stuff that's way easier for me on Pro than real PIU due to nerfed holds, stops, and the easier life bar. I can make it all the way to the "second ending" of Wi-Ex-Doc-Va NM on Pro, while I tend to stage break fail in the section with all the stops on PIU.

FYI, there are some holds on NX2 you *really* don't want to drop. They may look innocuous, but some tiny looking holds have >51 steps, which is an immediate stage break fail for a 51 miss combo even if stage break is disabled!
ITG is harder, get over it.
I'm prettier than you :)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri May 16, 2008 11:30 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:yeah and end of for you nm has 1500+ note hold?
I don't recall that... Perhaps a couple hundred, but nothing over 1000. Then again, I haven't played much NX. The full version in WorldMax on NX2 is apparently about 2200, but it's a full length song coupled with a mission requirement of a combo. Basically a "fooled you!" way of turning a (fairly difficult, though entirely possible) to achieve combo requirement into "survive until final hold".

The end of the Yahpp mission apparently has an optional 8-panel hold that racks up >40000 combo, but if you don't hit it, it's of no consequence (doesn't even give you the misses).
BigBadOrc wrote:wait.. why are stops easier on pro?
They aren't, but many PIU charts are missing them entirely in places where they should be (as in where there are stops on, say NX, there are no stops on Pro, same with some tempo changes). I don't know if this was done due to engine limitations (StepMania should handle these OK, though it's mechanic for when you have to hit a tap appearing exactly on a stop differs form PIU) or due to laziness. Either way, it makes several charts notably easier, especially when combined with the easier lifebar.
BigBadOrc wrote:I really like pro/itg holds the way they are, although I wouldn't mind if they changed it so you had to hold it down until the very end in order to get the point like what you were talking about in queen of light.
Well, it's a wildly differnent set of "rules" than are normally applied to PIU holds. The Andamiro stepmakers are clearly aware of the normal PIU hold mechanics and take advantage of them. There are charts which force you to "attack" some holds by putting a tap step right before them, while other charts, like Extravaganza [A] CZ, seem designed around the assumption that many will take advantage of the hold mechanics and just hold every panel. There are several examples of charts that practically require hands due to taps during 2 panel holds. LIADZ2 CZ and, to an extent, LIADZ CZ both pull something simliar to the Queen of Light holds, where the holds overlap each other; new players almost always let off them too early and get misses.

Most players seem to have learned exactly what the hold system will and won't allow and take advantage of it. Pro applies a wildly different system that breaks all these "tricks" and also changes the very nature of some hold-happy charts, either making them easier or harder, but requiring them to be played much differently than they have been on the real PIU engine.

Then again, this all has very little to do with the Blueshark...
A normality test:
+++ATH

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat May 17, 2008 12:20 am

*waits in line for his blueshark*
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sat May 17, 2008 7:32 am

Cbav wrote:*waits in line for his blueshark*
*steps in line behind you*

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sat May 17, 2008 9:08 am

true. but since it's sold out until forever, i already ordered a pump pad, and most likely i'll order a nexen itg pad as soon as the pump pad gets here :D

word on the street is that the nexen has arcade accuracy, and the blueshark has a little bit less than that.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sat May 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Yea, well word on the street says that Blueshark has a cooler name, therefor it will score you more chicks.

I heard that just by ordering a bluehsark a 8.5/10 girl will come to your door and sex you because you just instantly became that much more amazing at life.

But that's word on the street.