[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue May 23, 2006 5:08 am

the gattchoon wrote:
BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:
the gattchoon wrote: Hahaha... it seems weird to me, and they seem young to me, though I'm not that far behind. April 10, 1988.

:mrgreen:

Psh, you're a young one. March 18th, 1988. I'm the oldest of the 18 year olds I think. Damn.. I only have 21 and 25 (car insurance drops by like, half) to look forward to now.

...Psst... I graduate this comming Satruday. Some kind of get together at me and Clint's place. PM for details. Drunken fun, Twister, and possibly a band.
"Psh"? Ha!

But I bet I'm the only one of the 18 year olds (1988'ers) that just finished their first year of college. =P

God, I miss high school. XD!

The only thing I miss about high school is being able to slack off and still get A's. This whole work and study for classes sucks. But college is so much better in so many ways. Unlike where I went to high school, all the staff I've seen at IU Southeast seem to actually care about what they are doing.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Tue May 23, 2006 8:32 am

I remember laughing my ass off at all the people crying at high school graduation. I was SOOO glad to get out of there. I was hoping college would be better than the 4 years of hell some people called high school... and boy was I right!

Of course, I graduated before most of you were born.... CLASS OF 1987 ALL THE WAY!!! :shock: :lol:

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue May 23, 2006 8:39 am

malictus wrote:I remember laughing my ass off at all the people crying at high school graduation. I was SOOO glad to get out of there. I was hoping college would be better than the 4 years of hell some people called high school... and boy was I right!

Of course, I graduated before most of you were born.... CLASS OF 1987 ALL THE WAY!!! :shock: :lol:
...I was born 1986!!!!! w00t!!!!
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue May 23, 2006 10:29 am

furshizzle

edit: o baby my account has the pi per day thing wut
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue May 23, 2006 12:44 pm

Potter wrote:furshizzle

edit: o baby my account has the pi per day thing wut
Welcome to the brotherhood of Pi.

::puts on a robe and smacks you with a stick::

Now go make me a sandwich. :lol:

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue May 23, 2006 1:06 pm

lmao. although i think after this post it will go back to them ole numbers agian'
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 23, 2006 1:58 pm

malictus wrote:Of course, I graduated before most of you were born.... CLASS OF 1987 ALL THE WAY!!! :shock: :lol:
1987 is before most of them were born? Thanks... now I REALLY feel old.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue May 23, 2006 2:21 pm

I was born in 1986.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 23, 2006 2:24 pm

You're not helping. :evil: :wink:

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu May 25, 2006 10:36 pm

This guy is a idm musician from texas. hes so tight and all his wrightings are perfect spot-on

Rock Music Sucks
By Daniel Sanford

I totally hate rock music. I used to love it a lot. But now it sucks so much ass that I can't stand it any more.

I got an invitation to a show a few minutes ago from a local San Marcos band who shall remain nameless and I clicked on their link to hear their stuff. TERRIBLE! Who would possibly like that? It's so boring. It's like, now adays, rock music has to go through a check list of things before it can be classified as rock. The checklist might look something like this (I don't know for sure because I'm not a rock musician so I've never been sent the list):

[ ] Power Chords
[ ] Basic 4/4 Beat Structure
[ ] Only 4 Acceptable Instruments (Guitar 1, Guitar 2, Bass, Drums)
(the previous item can be modified to include Turntables if the band is going for a hip hop feel, which, by the way, the rock/rap cross over is TOTALLY played out and it has been ever since Rage Against the Machine put out their 3rd album)
[ ] Singer w/ Annoying Voice either shouting or crying or both
[ ] Lyrics About Stupid Crap
[ ] Total Lack of Creativity
[ ] Ocassionally, in order to sound more emotional on some songs, violins and cellos must be included, even though no one in the band plays either instrument or knows how to arrange music to include them.

Now you might be saying, "but Daniel, what about bands that don't check of one or more of these things, such as Pink Floyd, The Who, System of a Down, Nine Inch Nails, Ween, Tool, The Flaming Lips, The Toadies, Stereolab, The Pixies, Old Rage Against the Machine, Radiohead, Queens of the Stoneage, The Beatles, Mars Volta, Devo, Frank Zappa, Led Zeppelin, The Misfits, and Sigur Ros? Surely they must be OK rock bands." Well, you'd be correct there. Everything must have an exception, and bands that deviate from the norm are good. Bands that try to immitate the main stream style are bad.

Here's a few guidelines to help you get the best rock experience:
- Emo bands are bad.
- Most punk is god awful.
- Any band that tries to sound like Radiohead circa 1994 is bad (Coldplay, I'm looking at you).
- If it came from the 80's, use caution when handling (be it hair metal or synth pop rock).
- Rap/rock should be avoided at all costs, unless handled by professionals (Linkin Park are not professionals).
- Anything with a girl as the lead singer has the potential to suck ass (because most girl singers just talk about how they're a girl...this is true for female comedians as well...either they're oppressed or they're not pretty enough or nobody loves them or they want a penis inside of them or they're unhappy because they don't have a penis...i'm not being anti-feminist [that's for another blog] i'm just saying that these type of lyrics get boring after a while and are totally wasted on some one who's not a girl, like half the population of the earth.)
- Creativity is prefered. Bands that stick to patterns = AWFUL! (patterns is another word for genres)

I hope this has been an informative look at why rock music is so bad and why people should pick from a myriad of other styles to listen to, such as non-dance electronic music, jazz, classical, some hip hop (NOT "hip pop" as i call it), and Tejano

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:34 am

I thought you hated IDM...?
Good article though.

-Dan

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Fri May 26, 2006 10:21 am

dance1005 wrote:I thought you hated IDM...?
:oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Fri May 26, 2006 2:24 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:
:oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What HCN said.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri May 26, 2006 2:55 pm

Good article though.

-Dan

joe rogan you crazy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat May 27, 2006 4:29 pm

O BABY i gotz mai intarnetz radio wrkin

ftp://70.228.208.123/ftp/Sradio.m3u