[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:48 pm

danc1005 wrote:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:
danc1005 wrote: Who does Fiddy think he is?
Kanye outclasses him by A LOT.
this isn't saying much
At least Kanye looks to other genres for inspiration, keeps his rhymes entertaining/fresh, and has a GODDAMN SENSE OF STYLE AMIRITE?
lol yeah, kanye isnt bad compared to 50...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:
danc1005 wrote:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote: this isn't saying much
At least Kanye looks to other genres for inspiration, keeps his rhymes entertaining/fresh, and has a GODDAMN SENSE OF STYLE AMIRITE?
lol yeah, kanye isnt bad compared to 50...
you missed my point; they both suck. 99% of rap sounds the same and sucks. A person's clothing style has jack shit to do with thier music. Rhymes can't be "entertaining" or "fresh" anymore pretty much, almost every possible rhyme has been rhymed at this point.

Also, any rappers that can't get away from saying "nigga" in every song are definitely not "fresh". (i.e. both of the above)

Honestly to me, rap is like the NBA; what matters most isn't the actual subject, (basketball or the music, basically), what matters is how good you look and sound as you do it and how popular you are. There are some rare, RARE exceptions, but i'd rather just call those hip-hop (Del tha Funky Homosapien for example).

not going to get into a debate here also though and get everyone butthurt so yeah

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:19 am

liquidblue aka DBV wrote: you missed my point; they both suck. 99% of rap sounds the same and sucks. A person's clothing style has jack shit to do with thier music. Rhymes can't be "entertaining" or "fresh" anymore pretty much, almost every possible rhyme has been rhymed at this point.

Also, any rappers that can't get away from saying "nigga" in every song are definitely not "fresh". (i.e. both of the above)

Honestly to me, rap is like the NBA; what matters most isn't the actual subject, (basketball or the music, basically), what matters is how good you look and sound as you do it and how popular you are. There are some rare, RARE exceptions, but i'd rather just call those hip-hop (Del tha Funky Homosapien for example).

not going to get into a debate here also though and get everyone butthurt so yeah
Agreed.

Rap should not be classified as music. That's my opinion though. Only my opinion. To each his own...

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:07 pm

aspen wrote: Agreed.

Rap should not be classified as music. That's my opinion though. Only my opinion. To each his own...
Well, technically speaking, it IS music...but the 'music' itself in Rap is extremely simplistic, and typically not the most prevelent point in any song.
What IS prevelent, sadly....is what liquidblue mentioned. It's seem more like a popularity contest than anything.

But, if people wanna listen to it, that's their bag. I just wish it wasn't so rampantly popular, so more talented artists could get the recognition they deserve.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:19 pm

Original Sin wrote:

Well, technically speaking, it IS music...but the 'music' itself in Rap is extremely simplistic, and typically not the most prevelent point in any song.
What IS prevelent, sadly....is what liquidblue mentioned. It's seem more like a popularity contest than anything.

But, if people wanna listen to it, that's their bag. I just wish it wasn't so rampantly popular, so more talented artists could get the recognition they deserve.
haha its even worse trying to dance to it.
thats all the dances at my school play, they played a techno song once but it was on accident. ^^
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:40 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:haha its even worse trying to dance to it.
Just two-step.
Can't go wrong.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:11 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:they played a techno song once but it was on accident. ^^
Money says it was "Sandstorm."
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:12 pm

Just grind wemmenz.
Can't go wrong.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:16 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote:they played a techno song once but it was on accident. ^^
Money says it was "Sandstorm."
or omnibus

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:15 pm

It was either Sandstorm or some crap like ATC - Around The World

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:19 pm

danc1005 wrote:It was either Sandstorm or some crap like ATC - Around The World
oh god
ARRUUUNND DA WEERLLLD
ARRUUUNDD DA WERRRLLD

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:25 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:
Original Sin wrote:

thats all the dances at my school play, they played a techno song once but it was on accident. ^^

You can't dance to rap?

lol.

And yeah, I bet it was Sandstorm. Every school dance plays that. I hate Darude, he needs to choke.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:59 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote:
Original Sin wrote: Well, technically speaking, it IS music...but the 'music' itself in Rap is extremely simplistic, and typically not the most prevelent point in any song.

You can't dance to rap?

lol.

And yeah, I bet it was Sandstorm. Every school dance plays that. I hate Darude, he needs to choke.
I loved it when they put it on DDR, and the steps were like, easy as hell.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:43 am

Some random, drunken, bitter, jaded, and outright fucked up thoughts from me: (God help us all!)

Saying Java is the best programming language cause it works on all OSes is like saying anal sex is the best because it works in all genders.

Any guy who thinks Redline was a good film should have their balls chopped off so they cannot contaminate the rest of the world with their diseased seed!

PDF = Pathetic Douchebag Format

IRC as of 2003 = Idiotic Retard Chat

"Everyone knows that Congresspeople are assigned to committees based on their greatest weakness! Why else would Senator Ted Stevens, a man more comfortable in the horse and buggy era, wind up in charge of regulating the Internet... which, he believes, is a series of tubes... a series of tubes through which other Congressmen can reach in and fondle sixteen-year-old boys?" John Oliver on The Daily Show

This post has been brought to you by Smirnoff Ice!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:46 am

WE GONNA ROCK THIS TOWN
ROCK IT INSIDE OUTTTTTT

WHOOO!

95% of tv jingles make me want to slit my wrists but they get stuck in my head.