Skateboarding

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Do you skateboard?

Yes
28%
Nope
72%

Total votes: 18

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:11 pm

IxI I skate IxI wrote:
It kind of relates to skateboarding, in a weird kind of way

*Cars have four wheels, JUST LIKE SKATEBOARDS.

*People use their cars to haul their skateboards.

that's all i can think of.

one more for the list... cars can run over skateboarders.
That is so true. My friend got nailed by a car skating in downtown indy.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:55 pm

Name please :lol:

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:12 pm

brent benbow

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:59 pm

Oh, thought it was going to be Nick Han

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:59 pm

My car may be $30000 (actually it was like $45,000 asshole :D , plus I traded in that ugly piece of shit for my mini, which was like $40,000 but ANYWAY), but I do one thing they don't to show that I am grateful for my shit: I take care of it. I take my car to the shop when it needs oil changes or just a tune-up, and I don't run it into things because I don't feel the need to prove that I'm better than them.

I mean, my parents are worth like $25 million. Of course I'm better than them.

...GOD I LOVE MYSELF AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:20 pm

I just spent 1800 bucks on car maintenance this week....yeah, you could say I take care of my car, too.
I change the oil and do regular maintenance myself as well.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:39 pm

I'm so glad that I haven't ready any of this five page topic.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:16 pm

IxI I skate IxI wrote:That is so true. My friend got nailed by a car skating in downtown indy.

I got hit by a car today while riding my bike :( it was changing lanes into the one that I was on and I guess it didn't see me. Luckily I was going about the same speed and just got bumped to the side a bit. He freaked out though :D
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:18 am

dancing queen iu wrote:but I do one thing they don't to show that I am grateful for my shit: I take care of it. I take my car to the shop when it needs oil changes or just a tune-up, and I don't run it into things because I don't feel the need to prove that I'm better than them.
I fail to see how taking your car to a shop to get the oil changed as compared to doing it yourself equals taking better care of it. If you know how to do the maintenance, why not do it yourself? Besides, not everyone can afford to take their car into a shop every single time something needs to be adjusted or changed. Also, I'd have to say that someone putting in the time to personally look into what's wrong with their car and fix it themselves is showing a lot more appreciation for their vehicle than someone who just drops it at the mechanic and hands them some cash.

WhiteDragon, who has a great dislike for people who think they're all that because their mommies and daddies are rich.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:25 am

WhiteDragon wrote:WhiteDragon, who has a great dislike for people who think they're all that because their mommies and daddies are rich.
amen to that... My parents could easily afford me a new car, but I bought mine with money I saved up over 5 years of working at a restaurant. And it means alot more to you when you actually work really hard to get what you want.

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:03 am

WhiteDragon wrote:
dancing queen iu wrote:but I do one thing they don't to show that I am grateful for my shit: I take care of it. I take my car to the shop when it needs oil changes or just a tune-up, and I don't run it into things because I don't feel the need to prove that I'm better than them.
I fail to see how taking your car to a shop to get the oil changed as compared to doing it yourself equals taking better care of it. If you know how to do the maintenance, why not do it yourself? Besides, not everyone can afford to take their car into a shop every single time something needs to be adjusted or changed. Also, I'd have to say that someone putting in the time to personally look into what's wrong with their car and fix it themselves is showing a lot more appreciation for their vehicle than someone who just drops it at the mechanic and hands them some cash.

WhiteDragon, who has a great dislike for people who think they're all that because their mommies and daddies are rich.
Good Lord, man, he was just talking about how he takes care of his care, not that he's better than people who change their own oil.

And if you dislike people with rich folks who buy them stuff, methinks you need to get new dislikes, quick.
Signatures sure are awesome.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:53 am

Ebola Gay wrote:Good Lord, man, he was just talking about how he takes care of his care, not that he's better than people who change their own oil.

And if you dislike people with rich folks who buy them stuff, methinks you need to get new dislikes, quick.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree... I unfortunately have seen so many people who just become annoying because their parents buy them everything (I'm not saying everyone is like that, dancing queen may not be like that)

But let's take my "friend" who got a brand new passat bought for him when he turned 16.

When I turned 16 I bought my 93 pontiac grand am for $1,273. It ran well, had some engine problems, but didn't have airbags.

Well one day in physics class we were talking about our cars and he was talking about all his features. I mentioned that I didn't have much on my car, I had ABS, but no airbags. He proceded to say: "Oh.. well my parents bought me my car because they care about me"

I'm sorry but that's the most conceited and assholish thing I've ever heard. He was accusing my parents of being bad parents for not caring enough to buy me a brand new car. I am sorry that my parents taught me responsibility, and money management. I'm sorry I have to pay for my insurance, I'm sorry I have to pay for my own freaking gas money. So many people take this stuff for granted. But it's not my freaking parent's fault. They could easily pay for it if they wanted to. But I like paying for it myself because I appreciate it 100x more. I understand the value of a dollar, and I don't assume all my money goes to things I want..

Right now on my budget I have $600 left for the year (I set aside certain amounts for every semester I do have alot more :D). In the next 2 months $300 of that is going to car insurance (yay for being a young adult male). I have to pay $100 in cellphone bills. I will put at least 600 miles on my car within that time (thanksgiving break, winter break, and other driving) 600 miles at maybe an average of 32 mpg so about 19 gallons of gas used at 2.75 a gallon is about $50.

Ok so now I have $450 in basic expenses so far now I need to get christmas presents. I already picked out a special gift for my girlfriend which is about $50 (well it's 68... but close enough). And I will probably get about $75 worth of gifts for my family. So that leaves me with $25 to spend on whatever I want to enjoy for 2 months! whohoo....

Oh it'd be great if my parents would pay for everything and I'd have about $450 extra just for the basics. And $13,000 for both cars I've bought (and repairs I had to get). So why do I think people who have their parents pay for everything tend to be spoiled other than personal experience? because I know I would be if I had an extra $13,450 to spend on what I wanted.

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:12 am

Green Tea wrote:I am sorry that my parents taught me responsibility, and money management. I'm sorry I have to pay for my insurance, I'm sorry I have to pay for my own freaking gas money. So many people take this stuff for granted. But it's not my freaking parent's fault. They could easily pay for it if they wanted to. But I like paying for it myself because I appreciate it 100x more. I understand the value of a dollar, and I don't assume all my money goes to things I want..
... So... It sounds like he's worse off in the long run. So why dislike him? So many worth while things to not like, and you choose some petty kid with a silver spoon in his mouth. Lame.

Cherish the fact that you have the things that you have and that you have enough money to live a comfortable life.
Signatures sure are awesome.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:14 am

Ebola Gay wrote:... So... It sounds like he's worse off in the long run. So why dislike him? So many worth while things to not like, and you choose some petty kid with a silver spoon in his mouth. Lame.

Cherish the fact that you have the things that you have and that you have enough money to live a comfortable life.
I'm not saying I dislike him. And you better believe I am happy I can live a comfortable life :D I know if I didn't work that I could not have half the things I have today.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:06 pm

Ebola Gay wrote:Good Lord, man, he was just talking about how he takes care of his care, not that he's better than people who change their own oil.
I guess we interpreted what he said diferently. In particular, this part:
dancing queen iu wrote:but I do one thing they don't to show that I am grateful for my shit: I take care of it. I take my car to the shop when it needs oil changes or just a tune-up
I don't know about you, but it seems to me that he's saying that by taking his car to the shop to get maintenance done on it means he's showing more gratitude for it.
Ebola Gay wrote:And if you dislike people with rich folks who buy them stuff, methinks you need to get new dislikes, quick.
I don't dislike people with rich parents. I dislike people with rich parents who think that their parents' wealth makes them better than other people.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?