The Shattering of my Childhood (and possibly yours too)

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

The Shattering of my Childhood (and possibly yours too)

Post by Green Tea » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:51 pm

Some of you are too young to remember or understand, and others possibly too old. But those who do remember the old nickelodeon, back in the days of legends of the hidden temple, pete and pete, double dare, GUTS, or the splendor of the slime geyser, it may be a little hard to view the following site.
http://nickstudios.ytmnd.com/

Granted this all took place earlier in the year, but I think we all need to honor the memories of stick stickley, clarissa explains it all. We need to remember the heros of our times, Artie the Strongest man in the world, Mark Summers, and Levar Burton. Honor the shows which made us who we are today, Are you afraid of the dark, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's modern life, Salute your Shorts, and Nick Arcade. They were all gems that marked a generation.

Those of you who don't understand, may never know the glory of being slimed, or watching people in jumpsuits swimming through vats of green goop to find a small red flag. But those who do remember, may it live forever in our memories.

This marks the death of the nickelodeon that we all knew and loved.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:21 pm

Or, in my case, remembering Nick the way it was a decade before that! When my parents first got cable, it was approximately 1982, and Nickelodeon was one of the few cable channels we got. I distinctly remember the You Can't Do That On Television show; it even had the very first Nick slime --- if you ever said 'I Don't Know' on the show at any time, you'd get slimed.

We got MTV at about the same time, and they (gasp) actually played music videos all the time :shock:

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:10 pm

It's owned by mtv, what do you expect?

bunnydreams
Standard
Standard

Post by bunnydreams » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:36 pm

I use to watch Nick all the time till they changed it.

:(

I remember Nick studios too...WHY DID THEY GET RID OF IT.
:O

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:43 pm

malictus wrote:Or, in my case, remembering Nick the way it was a decade before that! When my parents first got cable, it was approximately 1982, and Nickelodeon was one of the few cable channels we got. I distinctly remember the You Can't Do That On Television show; it even had the very first Nick slime --- if you ever said 'I Don't Know' on the show at any time, you'd get slimed.
Hahaha. Those were the days. Oh. BTW, if anyone remembers this show, or, is curious:
http://www.ycdtotv.com
It has info about the show, not to mention web episodes of the show updated about every week. I frequent this site quite often.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:03 pm

WHAT THE!
Where do they make all the Nick cartoons now then? Korea? oh wait...

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:42 pm

First Dumbledore....then Nickelodeon Studios..................WHY SNAPE!?!?!?!?!WHY!!?!?!?!?!?!

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:58 pm

*cries* Nickelodeon used to be so good. I remember all those wonderful shows I watched as a kid. I even remember All That back when it was good. Then everything took a downward spiral, and this is the culmination of it all. I think, in all of Nickelodeon-dom, there is one good show left. So sad...

(How do I know about modern Nickelodeon...? Well, having a niece at that age does help.)

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:19 am

I hate the new Nickelodeon. The current shows are such a disgrace to the awesome shows of the past. Seriously, how can Jimmy Neutron (whose animation kind of scares me) and all the current shows honestly compare to Eureka's Castle, David the Gnome, Pete and Pete, Salute your Shorts, and all the other shows we grew up watching. :/

::off-topic:: Malictus, your avatar makes me very sad. In fact, when I read that article last week, it made me want to cry b/c I love kittens, and it's just so sad. :(
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:14 am

I gave up on Nick long ago...when they started taking the shows I grew up on off the air, I turned my back on them. Just like I turned my back on MTV when they started playing more 'Real World' than music videos.

We have so many channels....and not a damn thing worth watching. :(

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:56 am

XxJennaxX wrote:::off-topic:: Malictus, your avatar makes me very sad. In fact, when I read that article last week, it made me want to cry b/c I love kittens, and it's just so sad. :(
Yeah, I'm kinda tired of looking at the one-eyed kitten already
I wish it had lived...
*goes off to find a new avatar*
Last edited by malictus on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:56 am

Psssssssh all y'all niggas is posin.

All these replies and not ONE of you has mentioned
'Roundhouse.'

For shame. FOR SHAME.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:27 am

WHAT THE FUCK?!

I remember going there and getting to be on whwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhat would you do! HOW CAN THEY CLOSE THE PLACE DOWN? I remember getting to taste some slime and getting slimed and all that fun stuff. Every kid needed to experience Nick studios. It brought the magic from TV to life and was SO COOL. Wonder why it closed, it had to have been popular. Then again Nick lost Mark Summers and then quit making all the trivia game shows so they probably had nothing to shoot in it.

I blame it all on Mark Summers. Boycotting unwrapped from now on.

Let's go to Mo for the scores. MO!
insert code compile execute return

TheVaulting1
Standard
Standard

Post by TheVaulting1 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:09 am

O salute your shorts, rocko, our fellow hoosier Mark Summers, o what would you do. It is truly sad.

Its kinda messed up, i mean those cartoons were awesome, they could stand the test of time. I have a little brother thats 7 that loves rockos modern life, and ren and stimpy. Come on.

Im going to blame Bush for this.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:12 pm

God Of Rock wrote: All these replies and not ONE of you has mentioned
'Roundhouse.'
Roundhouse was truly a gem, but so few remember it. I don't remember too many episodes of it, but I always wanted that armchair that could move around.
Sam wrote:I remember going there and getting to be on whwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhat would you do!
And how could I have forgotten about what would you do! That was always a ton of fun to watch, I used to put it on par with double dare.
XxJennaxX wrote: Eureka's Castle, David the Gnome,
Wow I completely forgot about those! (and forgot that they were even on Nick :D) But those were great shows too, especially Eureka's castle.
And of course there was Wild and Crazy Kids. I always wanted to be on that show :(.
malictus wrote:We got MTV at about the same time, and they (gasp) actually played music videos all the time
And they weren't all gangsta rap when they did show them :/ (mostly directed to MTV2 AKA BET)
I decided to write a haiku in sadness and memory:
The shows we all grew to love,
Have now come and gone,
Why Nickelodeon, Why?
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.