Housing in Ft. Wayne?

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Arka
Standard
Standard

Housing in Ft. Wayne?

Post by Arka » Thu May 11, 2006 8:57 pm

I have a random question for all the denizens of Ft. Wayne (or others who may know the housing situation better than I). It's completely unrelated to IndyDDR, but... um... look behind you, a three-headed monkey!

A friend of mine is starting a job in Ft. Wayne within a couple of weeks, and he needs a place to live. Long-term, he and his wife are looking at buying a house down there, but short-term, he's looking into a small apartment to avoid the commute.

He's hoping for something in the WSW octant of town, as close to 41.1188 degrees N and 85.1604 degrees W as possible.

Any comments on, 1) what his chances are generally of finding short term housing there, and 2) specific apartment complexes or groups he might want to look into?

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Post by built-to-spill » Fri May 12, 2006 12:52 am

I know there's a place called colony bay that has 1100 sq. ft. 2 bedroom townhouses for about $525 a month plus electric. And they have leases where you pay month by month, but I think it adds to the monthly cost. They are located southwest. My friend just moved there and said it's pretty nice.
Steve Fletcher

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri May 12, 2006 3:06 pm

Well shit, I thought that YOU loved us enough to move up here.

But since it's for your FRIEND, then I don't know of any places! XP

(.......eh, I don't know of any places, anyway. -.-)
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Sat May 13, 2006 10:26 pm

Short term try West winds appartments.

Long term dont know.
Warning incoming game!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

Thanks for the responses, all - I've given him a couple of names, and he is... well, procrastinating. But I have no doubt that soon, he'll call them all and go look at things and rent something. Unless he plans to bring a sleeping bad in to work... :shock:

But seriously, thankye. :wink:

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Housing in Ft. Wayne?

Post by Green Tea » Sun May 14, 2006 6:59 pm

Arka wrote:It's completely unrelated to IndyDDR, but... um... look behind you, a three-headed monkey!
Monkey Island is one of the most creative and fun games I've ever played... You Ma'am win the prize for that comment

but on topic, I am sorry I don't know any housing areas here, but I do know some in West Lafayette!
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Re: Housing in Ft. Wayne?

Post by Arka » Sun May 14, 2006 10:48 pm

Green Tea wrote:
Arka wrote:It's completely unrelated to IndyDDR, but... um... look behind you, a three-headed monkey!
Monkey Island is one of the most creative and fun games I've ever played... You Ma'am win the prize for that comment
How appropriate! You fight like a cow!

Sorry. :oops: LOL, thankye. I've been a fan of Monkey Island since it came out - I remember debating with my father whether it was actually possible for Guybrush to die. (And I was right too! Ha! Take that, Dad!)

I actually like LucasArts games in general, though like most classic-era game companies, they seem to have declined.
but on topic, I am sorry I don't know any housing areas here, but I do know some in West Lafayette!
Um, I don't think that would be much better than his current commute. Thanks for the thought?