Change the Subject again, please.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:02 pm

Ah, but once again, Arka, you have it wrong again. I could have very well gotten away with dating someone illegal when I was 14, but then again, I had enough sense not to date someone who was considered an adult when I was 14.

And TMI would have been divulging specific details about our sex life which I would, of course, not divulge on this site. I was simply stating that I was not ashamed about my sexual past concerning Casey and that I was not naive considering I know him quite well and I knew what I was getting myself into.

Anyways, this thread is turning into the the relationships and intrigue and whatnot thread......
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:27 pm

Potter...

Part of maturity is seeing things through the eyes of other people. You don't know them. You don't know their relationship. You don't know what they're going through as a couple, or the decisions they're making.

Considering all of these things...I would think that their relationship and what they decide to do has nothing to do with you. Mamimi posted here about a problem she was having with Casey. Not a problem she was having with her boyfriend, or anything of the like.

It seems like every time you open your mouth to wax intelligent, something bad happens. This is more than likely (at least in my mind) because you refuse to see things from other angles. This is not only a problem now (because we all have to deal with you), but it will always be a problem if it doesn't change. When you get older, people will EXPECT you to be mature. Can't we just grow up and start this now so that you surprise them later? -.-

I understand what you're saying about how true love can't exist without having a physical attraction toward the other person. But, you know...? Physical attraction can be things as simple as loving your significant other's eyes. Or their smile. If they've been together this long, there's obviously something keeping them together that's stronger than sex. Sex isn't strong enough to keep people together, no matter how much they want it to. If there's nothing else there, it's just that, and there's very little chance that it will grow to something more important.

Yes, they're young. And this has...what?...to do with you? This is my point, and I'm sticking to it.

Since we all have our own views on it, though, it seems silly to argue about it. Harsh words are pointless when it comes to convincing. When they're used, people only strengthen and get more angry. Doesn't anybody else see this? When it really comes down to it, all that we can do is set good examples in our lives and hope that, even if those examples aren’t followed, at least the ones in question are smart and happy.

I personally believe in Mamimi and her boyfriend. Good luck, you two.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

x3Mamimi
Standard
Standard

Post by x3Mamimi » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:23 pm

Coty makes me happy and I him.

And that's why I believe it's worth it. I think we can all agree.

I'm not even going to address rediculous claims of bad parenting, no guildlines, secrecy, and ...no sexual attraction? Watching gossip unfold before your eyes.

I'm happy. ok?
it's all moonspeak

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:45 pm

x3Mamimi wrote: Coty makes me happy and I him.

And that's why I believe it's worth it. I think we can all agree.

I'm not even going to address rediculous claims of bad parenting, no guildlines, secrecy, and ...no sexual attraction? Watching gossip unfold before your eyes.

I'm happy. ok?
Exactly.

Leave the girl alone. u_u
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:46 pm

Pretty much, all that Arka and Gatton has said, I pretty much agree with.

And seriously, Jenna, just let them be. You (or I, or anyone) on this site doesnt have the right to step in and say that they shouldn't be together. You may believe this, and thats fine, you have a right to your opinion. But trying to push your belief onto others, is just....I dunno immature (for lack of a better word).

Anyway...welcome to the forums.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:53 pm

Pheadra wrote:You (or I, or anyone) on this site doesnt have the right to step in and say that they shouldn't be together.
That is exactly why I didn't say anything during this whole little convo. If you guys love eachother age doesn't mean a thing. Heck when I was 17 and a junior in high school I was dating an 8th grader who was 14. We liked eachother that is all that mattered, sure people made fun of me, i didn't care. Now me and her didn't last but that was for other reason, not because of age, just other reasons in general. But still I realized most of the people who bash you (not saying you other people on this fine site are) but the people who would bash me down, I realized that they themselves were not happy with there life and just didn't want me to be happy.....the world is full of jerks. -_-

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:57 pm

Wow mosh, you didnt even bother reading my posts did you. I never once said I didnt agree with there relationship. here you are talking about maturity when you don't even bother reading things before you go blabbing about them. I said this relationship could make or break her, as in she could be quite happy (which she seams to be), or she could get dumped/have a breakdown/etc and that would be a bad thing. I never disagreed with there exact relationship, I said its safer to not go out with someone more mature thn you while your emotional side is still under development. She has taken a risk and so far it seems to be playing out good and for the best. And yes I know physical attraction doesent mean it has to be sexual, thats what I have been stressing for my gee, last 5 posts? way to prove me right.

and for das recordz, yes mamimi posted here about a problem with casey. was it to actually get it solved? hell no. Its obvious she was looking for people here to agree with her that caseys a douche and get some sympathy posts, but for the most part it backfired on her. Thats looking through other peoples nose, you communist.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:08 pm

who cares. stick a finger in your vagina. rub one out. do something other than yell at each other like monkies with sticks.
insert code compile execute return

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:59 pm

I thought this thread was about cocky players.

x3Mamimi
Standard
Standard

Post by x3Mamimi » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:18 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:I thought this thread was about cocky players.
ssupposed to beeee...-.-
it's all moonspeak

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:18 pm

This thread has been off-topic for several pages now, so I'm going to stay 'on' the off-topic...

My wife and I are happily married, and she's a full 10 years younger than me. As most of you know, I tend to hang out with people a lot younger than myself --- I mean, I'm in my late thirties and I still play videogames :lol:

However, I didn't start dating my wife until she was in her mid-twenties. Is age truly 'just a number'?? Only after a certain point. Surely no one on this board would condone a 20 year old going out with a 10 year old???

It simply becomes a matter of where you would draw the line. I have a daughter who is 11 years old, and I can tell you there's NO WAY I'd want her to go out with a 16 or 17 year old guy in the next year or two. Personally as a parent, I'd be a bit uncomfortable with the 14 and 18 year old situation, but I MIGHT be OK with it.

DjKARL
Standard
Standard

Post by DjKARL » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:15 pm

Dana was 16 when I dated her...and I was over 18...technically that was illegal, but we really didn't care.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:03 am

XxJennaxX wrote:I could have very well gotten away with dating someone illegal when I was 14, but then again, I had enough sense not to date someone who was considered an adult when I was 14.
XxJennaxX wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but my parents would kill me if I was 14 and dated someone that much older...
Jenna, please come to a consensus with yourself before you resume debating me.
XxJennaxX wrote:And TMI would have been divulging specific details about our sex life which I would, of course, not divulge on this site. I was simply stating that I was not ashamed about my sexual past concerning Casey and that I was not naive considering I know him quite well and I knew what I was getting myself into.
My dear, for some of us, saying you lost your virginity to him at such and such a point for such and such a reason is a long montage of specific details. "Specific details" does not mean that they actively revulse me (you'd need to really work at it to make that happen, actually), but simply that they're more information than anyone outside your relationship needs to have.

Ultimately, though, that's up to you and Casey, so if you're okay with it and he's okay with it, disclose what you like.
XxJennaxX wrote:Anyways, this thread is turning into the the relationships and intrigue and whatnot thread......
Agreed. And there's a damned good reason I'm not posting in that.

Jim (malictus) probably said it best. And he's right - there is an age difference which is too great. The problem is that different people have legitimately different opinions on where that line is. And guess whose opinions matter? The opinions of the people involved - in this case, Mamimi, Coty (sp?), and their families. I'll admit here and now that I'm probably the most libertarian member of the forum, and I'll say that I feel any child should have the right to make his or her case on this issue to his or her parents, who should listen with an open mind. But when my friends say "I won't let my kids date until X age, I won't let my kids date such-and-such a kind of person, no exceptions," I don't engage in harassment tactics - at the most, I politely express my disagreement and endorse making these decisions on a case-by-case basis. I may not even do that, since often what they actually mean is, "From what I know of my child, they will not be ready by X age." Conversely, when my friends start dating men or women, I rarely make a judgment call about the appropriateness of the relationship - I'm not them, and I'm not their partner or their parent/child. And these are my friends, people who I actually know.

I've never understood parenting by proxy, but that's what this thread seems to have devolved into. Guys, please remember (this is a good guideline for life in general, too): there's a special relationship between parent and child that cannot be subsumed by any stranger who comes along with an attitude. You may not agree with what someone's teaching their children or allowing their children to do. You may not like their religion or educational choices. You may think that somebody's kid is too fat or too thin, that all children should be allowed to get their learner's permit at 16, that no one should be allowed to drop out of highschool (or graduate at 15), etc. You may even be right, in the sense that it may eventually turn out that they run across problems they might not have dealt with if they did things your way. But that doesn't give you the right to appoint yourself in parentis locis and tell them what they can or cannot do. Nothing does; of such stuff are fascist dreams made. (Is that close enough to a Nazi reference to qualify for Godwin's law yet?)

A final note: everyone keeps referring to an 18-year-old dating a 14-year-old as an illegal relationship. It's not. The laws do not indicate who you can date, who you can pet or who you can snog. They indicate who you can have sex with (and in some states, like this one, who you can perform various other acts classified as "sodomy" with). We have no reason to decide whether they are or aren't having sex. They have no reason to tell us. I probably contributed to muddying the distinction by responding to Potter's claims that you can't have healthy relationships/true love without hot sex (or at least sexual urges), but it really should be clear. Are we all such pervs nowadays that we can't remember a time when we weren't? :roll:

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:09 am

wooooow. too much to read lol
Team KIMO represent!

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:21 am

arka, if you would have read it correctly and pieced it together, you would have figured out that yes, my parents would have killed me if i would have dated someone much other than me but yet, i still would have been able to get away with it; however, i wouldn't have made such a silly decision like that at a young age.

anyways, im not the one that started the virginity thing. i do believe chris/spazz was the one that decided to divulge my personal business and i backed it up b/c i had nothing to lie or be ashamed about.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."