Change the Subject again, please.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

x3Mamimi
Standard
Standard

Post by x3Mamimi » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:06 pm

I'm not invincible. I'm not naive. Stop assuming things about me. Really. It's amazing how much everyone thinks they know about me.
If Coty were going to rape me, he would have done it a long time ago. And I could very well sit here and give you reason upon reason why nothing is going to happen to either of us as a result of our age difference, but it'll all just be an extended version of 'Get to know us before you assume all these things'.

So I can't type a beautifully worded 10 paragraph post proving in detail that everything is fine....I think I can still get my point across.

He won't rape me. Chill out.
it's all moonspeak

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:14 pm

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!??!?
insert code compile execute return

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:15 pm

x3Mamimi wrote:If Coty were going to rape me, he would have done it a long time ago.

LAWLZ U SURE NO THE PSYCHOLOGY OF A RAPIST AMIRITE
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:57 pm

Mamimi and I have about the same possibility of getting raped, though we have a 4 year age difference. Me being a "legal adult" and her being a minor do not decrease/increase the risks females walk upon in the world today. Guys get raped, too. So, like Mamimi said, chill.

We each deal with our lives in our own personal manner, and if something happens, we shouldn't blame anyone but ourselves.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm

Wow, I missed a whole lot over the weekend.....shit :(

Yeah, everyone made a lot of good points.....and I have to admit, the topic got steered way off track. Heh, but Arka and I know all about the "off tangent moments" AMIRITE?!

Well, there's nothing that I can say that would be new news. My personal opinion is that it's up to the partner's to decide what they want. Age is not a big deal to me. Mike is 4.5 years older than me, but I like the fact that he's older. I never really liked the guys in my own age group. But, I can't speak from experience, cuz I never dated an 18 year old when I was 14. But seriously, so what?

I see Jenna's viewpoint, but I don't agree with it. I kinda felt like Jenna was trying to act like Kelsie's mom since apparently her real parents didn't do a good job bringing her up. Just because she's 14 doesn't mean she's not capable of making her own choices. Maybe someday they will break up and realize it was a mistake....or maybe they will stay together and live happily ever after. Most importantly, it's their business. I don't dig into other people's relationships, and I certainly wouldn't want people telling me that Mike and I shouldn't be together.

The way I see it, you're going to fall in love regardless of age. What happens happens. I mean, Jenna can disapprove all she wants...but why bother? I mean, no one is going to change Jenna's mind, and Jenna isn't going to change Kelsie's mind....so I dunno. It's a stalemate. Leave it be. C'est la vie.

***WILLIS***
Standard
Standard

Post by ***WILLIS*** » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:03 pm

Potter wrote:
x3Mamimi wrote:If Coty were going to rape me, he would have done it a long time ago.

And you do?

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:42 pm

Is any of this really going to stop Mamimi from dating whoever she wants? I think we all just need to accept the age difference and move on.

[/lol cant we all just get along plz]

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:47 pm

lol. Simple and to the point. Thank you Intermezzo. :D

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:27 pm

blackcat24 wrote:Wow, I missed a whole lot over the weekend.....shit :(

Yeah, everyone made a lot of good points.....and I have to admit, the topic got steered way off track. Heh, but Arka and I know all about the "off tangent moments" AMIRITE?!

Well, there's nothing that I can say that would be new news. My personal opinion is that it's up to the partner's to decide what they want. Age is not a big deal to me. Mike is 4.5 years older than me, but I like the fact that he's older. I never really liked the guys in my own age group. But, I can't speak from experience, cuz I never dated an 18 year old when I was 14. But seriously, so what?

I see Jenna's viewpoint, but I don't agree with it. I kinda felt like Jenna was trying to act like Kelsie's mom since apparently her real parents didn't do a good job bringing her up. Just because she's 14 doesn't mean she's not capable of making her own choices. Maybe someday they will break up and realize it was a mistake....or maybe they will stay together and live happily ever after. Most importantly, it's their business. I don't dig into other people's relationships, and I certainly wouldn't want people telling me that Mike and I shouldn't be together.

The way I see it, you're going to fall in love regardless of age. What happens happens. I mean, Jenna can disapprove all she wants...but why bother? I mean, no one is going to change Jenna's mind, and Jenna isn't going to change Kelsie's mind....so I dunno. It's a stalemate. Leave it be. C'est la vie.
Today we have learned that parents not allowing their children/teens to date older people makes them bad parents. I thought people beating their kids and allowing them to smoke weed made them bad parents but apparently I've had it all wrong.

Anyways, I'll let my parents know they haven't raised me right and that me going to Butler and earning steller grades and not being an alcoholic or drug addict apparently means they failed at parenting.

I'll tell you what guys, I'll drop outta school and go date a 13yo in order to make my parents proud and all of you apparently. :]
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:39 pm

***WILLIS*** wrote:
Potter wrote:

And you do?
I know enough to know that obviously not all rapists will just meet you and rape you. sometimes there not even rapists yet, they go out with you and they want bangbang but you be like no and then der like FORCEFUL BANG BANG UHH.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:45 pm

Damn that was a long 9 pages to read. Am I the only loser that reads everything on this site (I seriously think I haven't missed a single post since I joined in Feb.)?

Well, anyways, let me offer up my own novel on the topic.

I personally don't understand why this thread turned into this huge debate about Coty and Kelsie's love life, but it has, and so I guess we all have to argue about it now. I personally think, to put it bluntly, that Jenna should go...somewhere and leave us without her opinionated bitchy self. I simply cannot understand how or why someone would be so pushy and closed-minded that she would so forcibly try to push her opinion on someone, and even go so far as to make such accusations as what that someone was doing was "gross" and "morally wrong". If Kelsie was 36 and Coty was 40, would you be so disgusted then? No? Well, it's the exact same situation. Although I don't know either Kelsie or Coty and can make no testament to either's maturity, if they both want to be with each other, and (as it seems to be) it's working, why do you have such a huge problem with it?

As to some people being more mature than others: as for making generalizations about how one gender is more mature than the other, one age is more mature than another...I think it's bullshit. Maturity is affected just like every other aspect of your personality: by your surroundings and experiences. Some people can be very mature very young, and some can "act like a little kid" (which I realize is a simile not entirely appropriate for my current argument, but I digress...) when they are already an adult. For example, I find it much easier to communicate and get along with people of an older demographic. I can easily hold conversation and even be considered "friends" with many of my dad's friends, and get along much better with college/older age people than with my own classmates. Perhaps because I'm an only child? I don't know. But, anyways, that's not the point. The point is, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to pass judgment on the morality or rightness of a relationship between two people that you not only do not know the maturity level of, but have NEVER EVEN MET.

As for Potter, I think I realize what you're trying to say: that for a relationship to exist, you must have both physical and emotional attraction. However, this is not always true. For example, a girl that I may not deem physically attractive at first may seem downright "sexy" to me after I get to know her. What I'm trying to say is, physical and emotional attraction do not exist as two separate entities. They are influenced and changed by one another. Would you go out with the biggest bitch in the world if she looked like Jessica Alba?

As for sex, I don't think, if neither partner deems it so, that it need be a necessary part of every relationship. Especially for such young partners. Of course, for some, a relationship would be impossible without sex, but, for some (although I admit they are probably more rare in a society like ours), sex may not even be an issue.

As for Fluffy, I understand that you may mean well in warning Kelsie about the dangers of a relationship, especially with an older partner, but I doubt that your worries make much sense, especially since (as far as I know) you too know neither Kelsie nor Coty.

Well, now I've paid my due to this thread, and I hope this discussion will end soon. Thanks to MMR, Arka, Gattchoon, and others for keeping up the good end of the argument while I was gone :).

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:55 pm

dance1005 wrote:Would you go out with the biggest bitch in the world if she looked like Jessica Alba?

DUHHHHHHH. ARE YOU GAY? SEX HER UP AND LEAVE HERIN AN ANLLEY AMIRITEGD

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:00 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:
blackcat24 wrote:Wow, I missed a whole lot over the weekend.....shit :(

Today we have learned that parents not allowing their children/teens to date older people makes them bad parents. I thought people beating their kids and allowing them to smoke weed made them bad parents but apparently I've had it all wrong.

Anyways, I'll let my parents know they haven't raised me right and that me going to Butler and earning steller grades and not being an alcoholic or drug addict apparently means they failed at parenting.

I'll tell you what guys, I'll drop outta school and go date a 13yo in order to make my parents proud and all of you apparently. :]
Jenna, seriously... you need to drop this shit. You've got no place to talk about bad parenting. Look at both you and your boyfriend's parents. I rest my case.

Ok.

Edit: Last time I checked, Casey said he wasn't your boyfriend. lawlz.
Last edited by Spazz on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:01 pm

XxJennaxX wrote: Anyways, I'll let my parents know they haven't raised me right and that me going to Butler and earning steller grades and not being an alcoholic or drug addict apparently means they failed at parenting.

I'll tell you what guys, I'll drop outta school and go date a 13yo in order to make my parents proud and all of you apparently.
...Not to really call you out Jenna or anything, but yes, you have your shit together. And I solely think it is because of your personality and your stuborness (this being a good thing in your case) to succeed. But really what about your brother? As far as I know (which really isn't a whole lot about you) he's made mistakes that Im sure you or your parents aren't proud of, and he was raised just like you.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:01 pm

Spazz wrote: Jenna, seriously... you need to drop this shit. You've got no place to talk about bad parenting. Look at both you and your boyfriend's parents. I rest my case.

Ok.
Oh, shit, here starts another flame war...