Songs and Memories

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Songs and Memories

Post by lgolem » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:08 pm

I know I am risking hearing stuff I don't care to hear about....but still it will be an interesting topic....We all know that certain songs spark memories in our minds...and that everytime you hear the song this memory comes back to your mind. So if you care to share put the song down and then the memory you have attached to it. I will start off.

I can't hear the song "Brain Damage" by Pink Floyd without remembering the one and only time I got high, which stupid enough was right before school, my friend smoked a joint in my car and I took a hit (first and only time I did smoke that stuff). The whole day at school the the line from that song "There's someone in my head but its not me" just ran through my head all day and I cracked up laughing everytime I thought about it. And when I tried to pay attention I just laughed even more.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:18 pm

i cant here a linkin park song without remembering the intarnet
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:38 pm

drowning pool - let the bodies hit the floor

someone i wasn't friends with but i knew was overdosing and i had to come over to help because they had no clue what to do. the guy was throwing shit everywhere and magically this song came on. now whenever i hear of it i'm reminded of this.

elliott smith - say yes

first song i heard after i lost my virginity :oops:
insert code compile execute return

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Whenever I listen to the albums The Decline and So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes by NOFX I remember riding in the backseat of the car in Florida. I listened to those CDs so much.

I dunno, a lot of videogame songs remind me of childhood. Especially the Final Fantasy theme and all that crap. Makes me feel fuzzy.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:43 pm

I can't listen to "Jenny From the Block" without being reminded of the beatings. OH MY GOD THE BEATINGS!
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:09 pm

sam wrote:elliott smith - say yes

Congrats Sam...I knew someone would say that sooner or later and you were the first.

On the same note.....Somewhere out There by Our Lady Peace was playing on the radio the first time I was making out with my first GF. So now when I hear it I remember that moment and how much I freaked out when the cop drove by.

TheVaulting1
Standard
Standard

Post by TheVaulting1 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:37 pm

sam wrote:drowning pool - let the bodies hit the floor

someone i wasn't friends with but i knew was overdosing and i had to come over to help because they had no clue what to do. the guy was throwing shit everywhere and magically this song came on. now whenever i hear of it i'm reminded of this.

elliott smith - say yes

NICE

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:26 pm

TheVaulting1 wrote:
sam wrote:drowning pool - let the bodies hit the floor

elliott smith - say yes

NICE
Oh, god...now he's got OTHER men with no shirt in his avatar...

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:34 pm

But THOSE avatars are acceptable plz :wink: