The Offical "What I gave" for Christmas thread.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

The Offical "What I gave" for Christmas thread.

Post by Pheadra » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:02 pm

Hrmm have a feeling that this thread wont be as popular. But as I was looking at the 'what I got for Christmas' thread, I was thinking....I wonder what they gave.....

So what did you guys get your friends and family?

I got my dad:
The Magic Bullet Blender (Oh yes, as seen onTV bullet blender)
My mom a hoodie from threadless and perfume
My brother a digital camera, and a coupld of shirts.
And Spazz some new earrings (they're so pretty), some cologne, and a chinese stone stamp (otherwise known as a 'chop') with his name on it.

Of course I bought other things, but those were my main ones.

ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:28 pm

im so broke that i didnt give anyone anything. i feel bad :(
Team KIMO represent!

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:35 pm

I had a yearly tradition I broke this year. Every Christmas I would get my sister a flashlight. Mainly because it was random and a joke gift, which was my excuse for getting her something.

This year I got her a Chia-Pet. It was really funny, when she opened the gift she screamed (in complete joy, because you can tell when someone doesn't like it) "CHA-CHA-CHA-CHIA!"

My brother got his yearly The-Largest-Bag-Of-Skittles-That-Craig-Could-Find.

:)
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:16 pm

This'll sound, weird, but they were all good gifts for who they were for.

I got my father a Notre Dame hat and I stuffed it with four Garth Brooks cds(he just got a CD player in his truck, and his favorite artist is Brooks)

I got my mother a huge hot-tea set from Tazo's line(includes 4 bags of about..25? different kinds)

And I got my brother - a freaking coffee addict - five pounds of coffee from Starbucks, and a 10 dollar starbucks gift card.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Re: The Offical "What I gave" for Christmas thread

Post by Arka » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:05 pm

Pheadra wrote:And Spazz ... a chinese stone stamp (otherwise known as a 'chop') with his name on it.
Ooh... that's a really neat gift. I would steal it for next year, except I'm not sure I know anyone who's interested enough in Asian cultures to appreciate the idea.

(Maybe I'll be a bad person someday and get one for myself.)

I didn't get out to shop as much as I would have liked, sadly. :(

I did manage to get at least a few nice things for people, though. I got my family several books. For my mother the notables were "American Higher Education: A History," "History in the Making," and "Splendid Solution" (which is about Salk's polio vaccine) for my mother (who's in history and nursing). For my father I got "Things Computer Scientists Seldom Talk About," "The Devil's Dictionary," (which I forgot to bring with me!) and some miscellany. For both parents I got nice shirts, since there really aren't any good clothing stores near where they live (Kokomo), and for the whole family I got a bizarre smileyface jigsaw puzzle. (Those of you who know my name will appreciate the humor here.)

The stuff I got for people outside my immediate family was actually cooler, believe it or not. I got a huge wire puzzle for a friend who likes puzzles, and a pair of IIDX/Pop'n scorebooks for a non-friend who likes IIDX and Pop'n.

I also got my honorary niece and her family a copy of Taiko Drum Master! This worked out so well. I'm going to try to get a picture of her playing one of the minigames when I go back on Wednesday. Youngest Taiko player ever! Yay!

I am getting my companion new glasses. :oops: This sounds like a horrible gift, but he insisted that was what he really wanted.

I also got him a mixer. Isn't a kitchen appliance considered the most insulting gift you can give? <sigh> I meant so well... :?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:45 pm

I got my father a Craftsman Cicular Saw
My Mom a 60$ Simon Mall Gift Card
my brother I got him Guitar Hero 2 bundle
I got his GF a Pump it Up bundle for the PS2
I bought my other brother the Beatmania bundle
My friend Zach I got a red octane foam pad
And Rachael I got her a 30$ simon mall gift card but that was more for her b-day than Christmas

That is about it....I did buy like 180$ necklace and earing set from Rogers and Hollands for Marlaina but she dumped me so I returned it all.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:30 am

lgolem wrote:That is about it....I did buy like 180$ necklace and earing set from Rogers and Hollands for Marlaina but she dumped me so I returned it all.
:(
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:43 am

The most noteable gift I gave this year...I gave my mom's boyfriends son (he's 7) and airsoft gun.
The kid's real mom's a bitch, so I hope he raises hell with it. :D

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:20 am

I gave my girlfriend a ring

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:36 am

only person i saw was my now ex...i had given her a dvd of ren & stimpy the lost episodes and she then told me that she was interested in dating other men but still wanted to be with me. i told her i'm not going to be some filler for her and left..without the dvd :cry:
insert code compile execute return

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:22 pm

sam wrote:only person i saw was my now ex...i had given her a dvd of ren & stimpy the lost episodes and she then told me that she was interested in dating other men but still wanted to be with me. i told her i'm not going to be some filler for her and left..without the dvd :cry:
Didn't something like this happen to you a couple months ago? Damn, man.

It happened to me too. It sucks. :?

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:45 pm

Original Sin wrote:
sam wrote:only person i saw was my now ex...i had given her a dvd of ren & stimpy the lost episodes and she then told me that she was interested in dating other men but still wanted to be with me. i told her i'm not going to be some filler for her and left..without the dvd :cry:
Didn't something like this happen to you a couple months ago? Damn, man.

It happened to me too. It sucks. :?
same girl...i came crawling back...i'm such a fucking sucker.
insert code compile execute return

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:20 pm

I gave hugs. Which are still available to those year round who meet me. :)

By the way, Arka, the Devil's Dictionary is awesome. I remember reading part of it at work when I used to work for the local newspaper in my hometown.

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:50 pm

I didn't give anyone anything, I just tell people to buy what they want for themselves and sign my name to it.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:49 am

Lots and lots and lots of candles.

Some shirts.

A Wii remote and nunchuk.