[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:43 pm

"at first i thought it was a joke ... it became very cereal very quickly"
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Original Sin wrote:Hopefully they figure out what went on here, what his motives were...and don't try to push the blame off on inanimate objects again. Sounds like the guy had a pretty clear agenda.
I've said it before.

I'll say it again.

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:19 pm

people don't write papers

pencils do
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:33 pm

Potter doesn't post on IndyDDR, his computer does.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:12 pm

Cars don't hit old people, Jeremy does?

EDIT: I'm only j/k. don't kill me.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:33 pm

LOL
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:42 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Cars don't hit old people, Jeremy does?

EDIT: I'm only j/k. don't kill me.
You would have moved up my list....but you gave me rRootage so I love you.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
Original Sin wrote:Hopefully they figure out what went on here, what his motives were...and don't try to push the blame off on inanimate objects again. Sounds like the guy had a pretty clear agenda.
I've said it before.

I'll say it again.

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people.
Exactly. If guns really were the cause of violence, America would be in a constant stage of civil war. The number of guns we have is not proportionate to the amount of mass slayings we have...at all.
Hell, if politically correct jargon were true, I would have killed countless people by now. I play Doom, I listen to heavy metal, and I own over 10 firearms. Hell, I'm a walking war zone, apparently.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:59 pm

why would you own 10 firearms if you only have 2 arms
also gun control is not the answer here, obviously its the students faults for not carrying guns to protect themselves and this shows just how much guns are needed in society

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:17 pm

Do you really think if we had a bunch of hormonal, emotionally unstable college students walking around and all of them had guns, that that would actually be safer?

I think you're all delusional.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:32 pm

Riot wrote:Do you really think if we had a bunch of hormonal, emotionally unstable college students walking around and all of them had guns, that that would actually be safer?

I think you're all delusional.
Actually thats what happened... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18148802/?GT1=9246

ok so there will be a ton of other findings, and a new link for each one (so ill stop posting them here :roll: )
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:46 pm

"The second, a 9mm Glock, was bought March 13 at a gun shop in Roanoke, about 25 miles from Blacksburg, they said. Cho presented an immigration card as identity when he paid about $570 for the gun, ammunition and a 15-round magazine, NBC’s Pete Williams reported." Gosh golly it sounds like we just wanted him to have the guns.

I want more legal high level explosives to feel EXTRA safe.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:47 am

wtc i hate the internet.
insert code compile execute return

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:49 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:why would you own 10 firearms if you only have 2 arms
also gun control is not the answer here, obviously its the students faults for not carrying guns to protect themselves and this shows just how much guns are needed in society
I own 10, because I collect them. Most of them are historic. I only own 2 'assault rifles,' and one of them is my target rifle. I have 2 handguns for carry purposes, the 9mm is pretty big, so I have a snub nose .357 that fits in my coat pocket if I can't conceal the other. Then the .22 is for target practice, the .380 I got from my dad, and the .45 SAA is just...well, fuckin' sweet.

I don't advocate that everyone carry guns, either. Let's face it...some people just shouldn't own one, let alone carry it. Most schools of any sort don't allow ANY weapons on their campus anyway. Why do you think cowards choose to shoot up schools, and succeed? They know before hand they won't meet any resistance. It's like fish in a barrel. But I do think it's pretty absurd that the shooting went on as long as it did, and there was no one able to stop it.
Hell, all the guy had was handguns...a police rifleman could have easily taken him down with an m4 carbine, through a damn window if need be.
Yeah, the guy chained the doors shut...but doors can be breached, windows can be broken, etc.
A SWAT team could have easily taken the guy down. Even if he did try to engage them, their weapons far outrange his, and a 9mm usually won't even penetrate the armor they wear.

And 570 bucks for a Glock is fucking cheap....the gun alone usually runs close to 1,000, and magazines are about 30 bucks a piece.
Hell, I paid close to 600 for my Browning 9mm, and that's not even a 'tactical' handgun. ...granted, I'd take it over a fucking Glock any day.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:27 pm

i know a guy who bought a glock 9 for 50 dollars, he had it in his car when he got expelled
and no i dont think that only college students should carry guns, all people under the constitution have the right to bear arms and I will protect my constitutional rights til they pry the steel from my cold dead hands. kids should start carrying guns as soon as they are able to walk. we see time and time again kids will play with super soakers and play in arcades with guns, why not instead of letting your children live in a state of make believe all their lives put a gun in their hands and show them how the real world is.
anyone who doesnt support the second amendment is a terrorist