[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Pokebis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Does anypony here like ponies?
Just wonderin'...
:roll:

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:54 am

Just Dave101.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:55 am

Oh, and CBav.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:40 am

In case anyone was wondering, the professor that I e-mailed and copy/pasted in this thread just sent a reply back and they said they'd write me a good reference. Oh fuck yeah.

THINGS TO DO:

- Schedule a time to take the GRE
- Earn two more references

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:44 am

All I really want to know, Merk, is how you got such an awesome cell phone number. :P

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:47 am

Briaaaaaaan, I am not going to post my number on an internet forum despite the fact that it's listed plainly on my Facebook and the fact that most people on this message board know it already.

Surprisingly enough despite the fact that my number is posted on my Facebook I have never gotten a prank call from some nub on the internet in all the years it's been up there. I am not good troll bait I spose.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:13 am

That was a joke, son. Hence the :P

I also assumed you didn't refer to yourself as "Merk" in a letter requesting a recommendation from a professor. I'm not that dense. Just that my humor apparently got lost to the internets.

Also, I have your cell number in my phone (so I know to ignore it when you call). (That's another joke.)

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:29 am

Brian I'm a dummy who takes things too literally. I'm sorry.

This is why I will never win a IIDX tournament and why I'll never be the best at anything.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 am

Hi Merk,

I hope all is well with you. I am contacting you in hopes that I can get your assistance with an issue that occurred with your Schwab account.
Unfortunately the funds deposited were incorrect and the difference needs to be withdrawn from your account. Typically this is completed without any inconvenience on your part, however there currently aren’t enough liquidated funds in your account to process the transaction.
Would you be able to liquidate 20.17 (the overage on the deposit from the contribution) from your PCRA so Retirement Alliance can process the negative contribution? If so, please just contact me to confirm completion.
If you are unable to assist in this matter, please let me know so we can explore other routes. Your help is greatly appreciated, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Best,

A person that worked with me at my former company
God damn. This company not only fired me for virtually no reason, didn't even reply to my request for a letter of recommendation for grad school when I asked them, but now they want to take money away from my retirement.

It's such a trivial amount you'd think they'd just write it off. What a fucking insult.

EDIT: I honestly think that if I had enough money in cash in my Schwab account they would have just taken it without even notifying me.
Last edited by Merk on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 am

It's ok, Merky-poo. I still wub u.

(This goes with your previous post. You jumped in with another in between. That sucks and I'm not joking about it.)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:55 am

Don't give them a dime unless you have to. If you aren't sure this is legal...

http://www.in.gov/dol/

They have a support line you can call with questions.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:45 am

Since the amount is negligible and because they asked before the statute of limitations is up I don't think I have a case. Plus I know my former company has the Heebiest of lawyers and I'll end up paying more than 20 zigzags.

Now if the money was significantly more or if they asked me to pay whatever penalties they incurred through the loss of this 20 dollars then God damn no Heeb would stand in my way. But as it stands, I'm too much of a nice guy and at least they got the hot secretary to contact me and they weren't too asshole-y about it. Honestly this will give me something else to bitch about and make me feel more justified when I talk about shady business workings.

I'm rolling the fuck over and letting them have their way. We'll see if I even get a thank you.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:49 am

I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 am

As a follow-up to my last few posts. $20.17 has disappeared from my Schwab account this morning and as expected I haven't received any acknowledgment or even a fucking thank you for fixing their mistake and paying the wonderful $8.95 brokerage fee for selling stock.

LESSON LEARNED: If your former employer ever asks you to do anything, especially if it involves money, give them the hardest time you can muster. Ask for paperwork and/or proof that backs up why they need your money. Tell them you won't pay a cent unless they can compensate you for your time to cover their ass.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:22 am

I look back on my life and I truly believe that collecting unemployment is truly the most baller thing I've done in my life. There is nothing like spending less than 5 minutes filling out your weekly voucher and getting instant money. Get laid off, that's my advice. If you can live off of $408 dollars a week then unemployment is right for you.