[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Potter » Mon May 28, 2012 1:21 am

Last edited by Potter on Wed May 30, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue May 29, 2012 2:27 am

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue May 29, 2012 12:15 pm

That is how I want to wake up.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue May 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Potter I am going to play this at your funeral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCgthG5sL6M

You know, if I outlive you

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue May 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Merk wrote:Potter I am going to play this at your funeral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCgthG5sL6M

You know, if I outlive you

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed May 30, 2012 12:22 am

I've been watching Game of Thrones while about one book ahead in reading it. It's still quite enjoyable, but there are some omissions that are annoying. Also, they've been doing a really bad job at capturing the scale of everything. This last episode, in particular felt very sound stag esetish when it should have been much, much bigger :/
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 30, 2012 8:37 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Bored? Watch Facebook tank in real time!

https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:FB
Get get down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDwxhHwJ66M#t=2m0s

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu May 31, 2012 4:41 am

WhiteDragon wrote:I've been watching Game of Thrones while about one book ahead in reading it. It's still quite enjoyable, but there are some omissions that are annoying. Also, they've been doing a really bad job at capturing the scale of everything. This last episode, in particular felt very sound stag esetish when it should have been much, much bigger :/
That's pretty much how I feel.

I get that they have to do this within their budget, but the lack of the grand scale of things gets to me sometimes.

It was the same with the first season and the Dothraki horde. There were supposed to be something like 20,000 Dothraki there, but in the show it was just about 20 people wandering through tall grass.

With all the talk of them increasing the show's budget for season two primarily for the Blackwater episode, I was expecting the battle to feel a bit bigger. It's still a great show, but oh well.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:06 pm

I am very stoked for this Sunday because once the last GoT episode drops I am going to marathon the season with my girlfriend. I have been holding off on watching this season so I can not get cliff-hangered.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:37 pm

I recieved a smart phone today.
i plan 2 reduce teh qualty of my grmr n speling 2 signifie dis change

Merk

Post by Merk » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:12 am

Which smartphone did you get? How much do you pay per month on your bill?

I do not have a smartphone and I get chastised at every possible moment because of it.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:00 pm

I want to apologize for my posting quality as of late. I'll admit it hasn't been very good and I'm not even close to matching the quality of posts I had during my time working at IU last year between February '11 and January '12.

It's amazing looking back on that time in my life, I worked there for almost a year yet it seems like such a blur to me. I still don't know what I even did at IU but man did I make some good posts. Don't get me wrong, I'm happier where I'm at now making a low middle-class salary at a super laid back company with (in my opinion) good hours. Holy shit do I love changing out tapes! This morning in fact I had to import 54 tapes into one of our client's giant tape magazines, it was pretty cool!

LikeableRodent, what do you plan on doing once you get back to the states? You have a solid Cisco cert and you probably know more than me about networking (not that that means much because I am a dumb tape monkey) and I imagine you could land a great network admin position somewhere.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Merk wrote:Which smartphone did you get? How much do you pay per month on your bill?

I do not have a smartphone and I get chastised at every possible moment because of it.
Even though you're asking Pokebisque (sounds delicious), I'll butt in.

I pay $30/month for unlimited data with ATT. They took that cheap option away but let people who had the old data plans keep them.

I'm on my parents' family plan along with my grandparents because it's a much cheaper option for the talk portion of the plan. Plus, since there's no teenage girls on the phone the rollover minutes has been full for like a year so there's no worries.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Merk wrote:Which smartphone did you get? How much do you pay per month on your bill?

It's a Motorola RAZR and I'm on some sort of Family plan with my father. He picked it out and is paying for the bills, but I'm under the impression my phone is an "extra" and adds $20 to whatever bill he has. It's with Verizon. I get "unlimited data" (4GB/month), unlimited txting lol XD, and 700 minutes/month of calling except it's free before 9am and after 5pm and free for calls with other Verizon customers and any phone on the Weekend so it's basically unlimited unless I leave a call on all day.
I actually don't know how much the plan actually is, but I'm sort of scared to find out. Once I start having a more steady income and am not dedicating all of my money to school I'll probably switch to a lower-tier plan when I have to stop leeching off of daddy.
Maybe just data and use Skype for calls. There are apparently texting apps that let you text freely anyways.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:24 am

Merk wrote:It's amazing looking back on that time in my life, I worked there for almost a year yet it seems like such a blur to me. I still don't know what I even did at IU but man did I make some good posts. Don't get me wrong, I'm happier where I'm at now making a low middle-class salary at a super laid back company with (in my opinion) good hours. Holy shit do I love changing out tapes! This morning in fact I had to import 54 tapes into one of our client's giant tape magazines, it was pretty cool!

LikeableRodent, what do you plan on doing once you get back to the states? You have a solid Cisco cert and you probably know more than me about networking (not that that means much because I am a dumb tape monkey) and I imagine you could land a great network admin position somewhere.
I may have a CCNP, but I don't see it being worth all that much without the experience to back it up. As for what I want to do when I get back to the US/Canada, I'm hoping to eventually work with ISP-level networking. My current plan is to get a position at an ISP's NOC, get some experience, and work my way up. We'll see how it goes. A low middle-class salary in a laid-back environment would also be nice.

And uh, good luck getting your posting quality back up to snuff. We have expectations of you, Merk. You're not meeting them.