[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Woah. That's awesome. They got owned by a crazy lady.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:04 pm

She's like Tourette's Gal

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:59 pm

lol why did she want that rhubarb that much?

Rhubarb is supposed to be red I don't think those alley veggies were ripe!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:29 pm

your alley cunt is ripe, merk
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Merk wrote:Remember Erica's old avatar? The one with the weird little 16-bit version of a person that sort of looked like Erica and had the letters "S, E, X, and Y" on the four corners of the .jpeg?

That was a good avatar.

Yeah not quite sure where that went. Or where I got it from. I didn't make any of those things.

I felt comfortable wear thing words "S E X Y" those days. Times have changed. I'm old. :)

And for whoever asked I don't know why Trevor hates homestead people and I don't remember what his name on here was or if he even had one.
~*Erica*~

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:51 pm

I has question...I played pump it up last night at one of the little arcades here. I didn't really pay attention to the version or whatever but it had current songs like gangnam style and radioactive and katy perry firework. Most of the piu i've played on have a sticker that tells you how to speed up the arrows. This one didn't. I don't remember the foot code to even try to see if it works. I'm old and I need the arrows sped up or I can't read it. lol
~*Erica*~

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:01 pm

Erica6924 wrote:I has question...I played pump it up last night at one of the little arcades here. I didn't really pay attention to the version or whatever but it had current songs like gangnam style and radioactive and katy perry firework. Most of the piu i've played on have a sticker that tells you how to speed up the arrows. This one didn't. I don't remember the foot code to even try to see if it works. I'm old and I need the arrows sped up or I can't read it. lol
http://www.ph-online.net/html/ph_codes_new.html
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:39 am

Erica6924 wrote:I has question...I played pump it up last night at one of the little arcades here. I didn't really pay attention to the version or whatever but it had current songs like gangnam style and radioactive and katy perry firework. Most of the piu i've played on have a sticker that tells you how to speed up the arrows. This one didn't. I don't remember the foot code to even try to see if it works. I'm old and I need the arrows sped up or I can't read it. lol
As far as I know, none of these songs have ever been on any version of pump it up. I'm guessing this is a stepmania machine or something.

Gangnam style in particular was rumored for a while, then finally revealed to be a different Psy song for Fiesta 2 (I don't remember which), then that was removed due to licensing issues outside Korea.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:45 am

MonMotha wrote:
As far as I know, none of these songs have ever been on any version of pump it up. I'm guessing this is a stepmania machine or something.

Gangnam style in particular was rumored for a while, then finally revealed to be a different Psy song for Fiesta 2 (I don't remember which), then that was removed due to licensing issues outside Korea.
Yeah I haven't seen this layout
The options are like Battle if you are two player
and then just regular or double for a single player. But other than that it didn't look like stepmania. Although I haven't played stepmania in a few years so I guess the interface could have changed. But, It does start the song right away if you hit the middle button so i'm not sure any foot codes would work on it or not
~*Erica*~

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:39 am

Yeah that sounds like a Stepmania cab based off the fact that you can select your play mode. Can you try holding down the select button when picking a song to see if it brings up an options menu?

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Select button? As in...One of the arrow keys? Because there aren't any actual buttons on the machine.
~*Erica*~

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:30 pm

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.n ... 217&seq=31

Saw this on Facebook. Enjoy your freshly shitted pants.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:59 am

Merk is probably unaware that most PIU cabinets don't have buttons. They're only on fairly new models or machines running (or that at one point were running) PIU Pro or its derivatives.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:29 am

In my defense I figured this cabinet was anything but legitimate. I mean, at the end of the day this definitely sounds like a Stepmania cabinet running whatever homebrew PIU-like software, right? I don't recall PIU having a screen where you select single/double/versus/battle and where the middle button immediately goes into a song.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:00 am

Merk wrote:In my defense I figured this cabinet was anything but legitimate. I mean, at the end of the day this definitely sounds like a Stepmania cabinet running whatever homebrew PIU-like software, right? I don't recall PIU having a screen where you select single/double/versus/battle and where the middle button immediately goes into a song.
Pro does, though the mode selection is for normal/nonstop/gauntlet, not single/double/versus (which are selected on-the-fly once you're in the game). Then again, Pro is stepmania...

Stepmania has had a Pump mode for ages, though it's anything but accurate. It's basically DDR with 5 panels. In particular, the holds act like DDR holds rather than Pump, and there's no real Pump style scoring, though PIU has never really had a consistent scoring system.
A normality test:
+++ATH