[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:52 am

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:58 am

Let's tuck into some coffee chat:

What's everyone's preferred coffee experience? As a white guy I tend to like Starbucks but the markup on their stuff is God damn preposterous so I've relegated it to a "once a week" treat. My daily work coffee ritual is a K-Cup (Newman's Own brand) medium roast "extra bold" blend with a single vanilla flavored liquid creamer.

How does you all do coffee? Does anyone do their own grinding? Let's rap about coffee.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Buy beans from him: http://diycoffeeroasting.com/green-coffee-beans/

Or Sweet Maria's.

Roast in this: http://www.behmor.com/behmor-1600.php

I usually like to roast to a Full City +. Keeps the beans' flavor while still having some standard coffee bitterness. GGood coffee should taste good when you drink it black. Just like you wouldn't make a whisky and coke with a Glenlivet 18. But then again I drink most coffee black with some occasional mochas or other espresso drinks.

If I'm drinking the Folgers at work, I use Hazelnut creamer.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:20 am

SDP too fancy.

I really REALLY like this place up in Fort Wayne, Our Daily Brew.
http://www.ourdailybrew.com/servlet/StoreFront

They make some fine coffee which I take home to grind. They also have a nice tea selection, but that's probably for a different conversation. At work, I drink Keurig stuff. I really like Double Black Diamond (top tier), Black Tiger, and Jet Fuel, but I drink a lot of the Kirkland Pacific Bold because it's the cheapest I've found (around 38 cents a cup.)

Black coffee is the way to go, but I may indulge in a sweet coffee shop drink every now and again. I also drink 3 - 4 cups a day. I don't feel like it's really that much, but the lady friend says I have too much. I dunno.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:53 pm

I don't drink coffee.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:23 pm

Pokebis wrote:I don't drink coffee.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 am

Owning a DDR machine has sort of made me realize that I liked getting out of the house and going to an arcade. Having DDR in my home makes it too easy to just play a set and then go do something else. When I'm at an arcade I have to commit and play for at least an hour.

Of course, being 28, going to an arcade makes me feel like a pedo and my sense of shame is greater than my want to play DDR so owning a machine is sort of a necessary evil.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 05, 2014 9:58 am

As a DDR owner for over a decade now, I have gone out to play much more often than I have played at home. The social aspect was always the attraction for me, and it was always easier to see more people more often out of the house.

Of course now that there are virtually no public machines, that doesn't really apply anymore. I guess if my goal is to actually play the game (as for our little "contest"), then I prefer to play at home where I know things work (or at least know how they work) and can whore the machine all I want.

But the truth is that there are usually other things either at home or out that I think about doing or would rather do, so I have to make a specific point to go and play. That being said, since mine is down in the basement, it's much easier for me to focus on it and not get distracted by other things since it's removed from the rest of the goings on in the house. The only thing to really distract me down there is the other games. Usually I'll pick two or three to turn on and alternate between them.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon May 05, 2014 3:04 pm

I don't ever play just small sets. I need to play at least 30-1hour at a time to consider it worthwhile. I am just an aspy that feels like certain things aren't done right unless you do it for a long time (or long enough) though, so I don't know. Meg usually whines about me never playing DDR and spending all that money, so I feel like I have to play, but then once I boot everything up and go through the effort of getting dressed for it and ready, I normally don't want to stop for at least around an hour. It makes it a lot easier to play when the Stepmania is up and running from power on to in-game in literally about 20 seconds. That SSD goes so fast! 3,000 songs in like 3 seconds, and it's on the Windows desktop before the monitor even displays anything from turning on.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 07, 2014 7:48 am

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 07, 2014 9:12 am

That was awesome. We should unlearn all language. The damage we do is too great, you oppressive CIS piece of human garbage.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun May 11, 2014 7:43 pm

Fluffyumpkins