[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 pm

My Facebook group "Furry Friends Yiff Club" is gaining members quickly. What do I do?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Let them out themselves and then sic the dogs on them.

Edit: But seriously just quietly remove yourself from the group lest you draw unwanted attention to yourself.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:14 pm

What do the little Chinese characters in my "Envy" title mean?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:56 pm

They're the Japanese kanji for envy.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:07 pm

羨望

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Ayup. That'd be them.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:20 pm

These guys and gals seem like a fun bunch, I wonder what life is like in this chapter:

http://community.middlebury.edu/~kdr/im ... /1999c.jpg

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:38 am

/!\ ATTENTION SDP /!\

What are your favorite methods of lifting weights? Chad wants to be a big strong man and I told him to do squats and dead lifts so ladyfolk aren't immediately turn off by his Chadditude. We want your expert opinion on how to lift.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 am

Merk wrote:/!\ ATTENTION SDP /!\

What are your favorite methods of lifting weights? Chad wants to be a big strong man and I told him to do squats and dead lifts. We want your expert opinion on how to lift.
Clarification: I want glamour muscles to impress women on the internet. Chest, arms, abs, shoulders, and back is all I really care about. I'll do legs, but only if I need to. Cardio is for health. Weights are to compensate for shortcomings.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Merk wrote:/!\ ATTENTION SDP /!\

What are your favorite methods of lifting weights? Chad wants to be a big strong man and I told him to do squats and dead lifts. We want your expert opinion on how to lift.
Clarification: I want glamour muscles to impress women on the internet. Chest, arms, abs, shoulders, and back is all I really care about. I'll do legs, but only if I need to. Cardio is for health. Weights are to compensate for shortcomings.
I've heard that guys who don't work legs are at risk for low sperm counts, wheat gluten allergies, sweat gland problems, fetal alcohol syndrome and even feline AIDS. Squats are really good for a lot of growth and probably the lift that is heaviest on your central nervous system. Getting good at squats helped my core strength and helped me grow my legs like crazy.

But I started out with this program (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224) two summers ago and it did wonders for getting my strength back. I lifted a little bit in high school but I was never really dedicated to it, thus it didn't carry over to college until after sophomore year.

I do a 2-day on, 1-day off split for chest/triceps,legs,back/biceps, and shoulders. I don't really feel like listing my workouts cause they can change in reps/incline/decline/flat etc. every couple weeks. Deadlifts/rack pulls, weighted wide grip pullups and t-bar rows are my favorite back workouts (not my only ones though). Abs won't show up unless you have sub10% body fat and that's done in the kitchen. You make em bigger and stronger in the gym, but most guy's have their last bit of body fat on their stomach area.

I'm gonna be starting: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-ge ... eek-1.html in the next couple of weeks. There are a shit ton of programs out there and even the pros differ in opinion on stuff like High Intensity Training where you warm up and then do one set of a lift to absolute failure or even past that with help vs. High Rep range people who go for something like 5x20. The most important part of it is lifting with intensity and holding yourself accountable to a schedule/nutrition plan. Last 3 weeks my diet's been shit because of finals week, graduation festivities, etc. Back to the chicken/rice/broccoli extravaganza.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Do you calorie count?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Obviously, getting rid of that body fat is done in the kitchen like SDP said. Eat less calories than you should, play DDR, and you'll burn fat.

Chicken (plus Frank's Red Hot) and DDR.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Do you calorie count?
I used to but now I just focus on portion sizing and it does me fine. If I was training for a show or something, I'd probably be more exacting on calories. 6 oz lean protein, 1.5 cups of brown rice or sweet potato, cup of veggies. I'll typically eat 2-3 eggs with 4 egg whites and a cup (measured uncooked) of oatmeal in the morning. I get six meals in a day when I'm doing it correctly, eating every 2-3 hours. Protein sha For fat loss, I've found carb cycling to be pretty effective. Just takes some dedication and meal planning.

I still have a really fast metabolism so I have to break 3k calories to notice any weight gain.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.