Religion...?

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:If Eric Fuller is the "Stormin' Mormon," I am the "Sensational Nondenomenational."

...no?

LOL
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:36 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:I'm a nondenomenational Christian, just because I believe in God, without a lot of "unnecessary" attachments, like how Catholics have Confession. I'm like the Diet Coke of Christianity.
I can appreciate things like that. I'm not christian myself, but a lot of things that a good majority of christians do irritate the hell out of me. The biggest one, is those who like the quote the bible, like to obsess about everything it says...and then don't live up to it at all, missing the big messages.

They idolize Christ, but use his message as a way to put down and belittle those of other faiths and walks of life. I don't pretend to know everything, but something tells me Jesus would be a little upset if he preached love and peace...and then comes back to find his followers using his name as a sword of hate and biggotry.

As a general rule, obsessive fanatics of any religion scare the hell out of me. None of them ever seem to even bother thinking for them self.

Buddhists are the only real exception to that rule that I've met so far. A lot of them seem comfortable enough with their beliefs, that they don't have to talk about them and 'save' people.

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:03 pm

Original Sin wrote:
Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:I'm a nondenomenational Christian, just because I believe in God, without a lot of "unnecessary" attachments, like how Catholics have Confession. I'm like the Diet Coke of Christianity.
I can appreciate things like that. I'm not christian myself, but a lot of things that a good majority of christians do irritate the hell out of me. The biggest one, is those who like the quote the bible, like to obsess about everything it says...and then don't live up to it at all, missing the big messages.

They idolize Christ, but use his message as a way to put down and belittle those of other faiths and walks of life. I don't pretend to know everything, but something tells me Jesus would be a little upset if he preached love and peace...and then comes back to find his followers using his name as a sword of hate and biggotry.

As a general rule, obsessive fanatics of any religion scare the hell out of me. None of them ever seem to even bother thinking for them self.

Buddhists are the only real exception to that rule that I've met so far. A lot of them seem comfortable enough with their beliefs, that they don't have to talk about them and 'save' people.
I take it you haven't met many "quasi-psdeuo-buddists" who go on about how enlightened they are after smoking a bowl, shoplifting coriciden(back when stores that still had the stuff that could get you high still on the shelf), and breaking the windshield of a nice car cause the person driving was probably some yuppy prick. :o Granted they wern't real buddists, but I doubt those people you mentioned were real christans either.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:20 pm

different roads lead to the same destination, what difference does it take which one you choose?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:22 pm

your avatar syncs nicely to the cowbell in herzog
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:25 pm

Potter wrote:your avatar syncs nicely to the cowbell in herzog
Speaking of which...NEW AVATAR LAWLZ.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:15 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:different roads lead to the same destination, what difference does it take which one you choose?
How fast you get there.

i.e.: The Holocaust killed millions of middle-aged Jews, yet not too many people are out killing or oppressing Buddhists.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:19 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:different roads lead to the same destination, what difference does it take which one you choose?
How fast you get there.

i.e.: The Holocaust killed millions of middle-aged Jews, yet not too many people are out killing or oppressing Buddhists.
was that supposed to be a joke or are you really that ignorant

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:38 pm

Fagulous wrote:I take it you haven't met many "quasi-psdeuo-buddists" who go on about how enlightened they are after smoking a bowl, shoplifting coriciden(back when stores that still had the stuff that could get you high still on the shelf), and breaking the windshield of a nice car cause the person driving was probably some yuppy prick. :o Granted they wern't real buddists, but I doubt those people you mentioned were real christans either.
They don't really count, since they're not upholding any of the major tenants of Buddhism at all... I'd lump them in the category with the bible thumping militant chirstians.
A tad bit misguided.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:09 am

white rastafari unite
. . .

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:30 am

hascoolnickname wrote:
Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
How fast you get there.

was that supposed to be a joke or are you really that ignorant
Joke.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:43 pm

I'm Christian :P Not one of the ones who will shove it down your throat though. Extremist Christians piss me off.

Oh yeah. [joke]I'm a Christian, believe what I say or I'll fucking kill you.
[/joke]

People shouldn't have to hear about religion if they don't want to. This thread should be locked/removed. People will come when they need/want it. This thread will most likely cause arguments and such.

As a note: Cursing isn't bad if you just say "What the fuck" and stuff like that. Don't let a Christian tell you otherwise. I did a lot of researched and made some of my fellow Christians mad because I disproved them :) Cursing is only bad if you use it as a verbal weapon against someone. This is why I never go church. They LIE!
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:07 pm

I am 100% non-religious. I think it's important for people to realize that it's entirely possible to be a 'good person' without necessarily being religious. I have nothing against Christians (many of the people close to me are Christians), but I have no 'god-shaped void' in my heart. I grew up as a Christian, and it never, ever felt right.
Last edited by malictus on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:48 pm

XeroCi wrote:I'm Christian :P Not one of the ones who will shove it down your throat though. Extremist Christians piss me off.
Whats more annoying is the chain emails *gag*
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:21 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:
XeroCi wrote:I'm Christian :P Not one of the ones who will shove it down your throat though. Extremist Christians piss me off.
Whats more annoying is the chain emails *gag*
"You have enough time for God. Read this."

I don't have time for ANYONE on a 26k connection!