It's almost complete, we live in a military state.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:22 pm

Fuck Edwards. I am prepared for a civil war, and I sure as shit won't be shipping out with any draft. I'll start my own civil war before I let myself get caught up in someone else's battles. I'm not opposed to war, but I won't fight one for profit and politics. If that labels me a rebel, then so be it.

I would have volunteered for World War 2. But this 'war' we're fighting on terrorism? Perhaps if not enough people are volunteering, that should say something about the relevence of this 'war.' There are plenty of people willing to rally behind a noble cause...but I'd say this is a far cry from kicking Hitler's army all the way back to Berlin.

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Post by built-to-spill » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:42 am

What freedom was historically, statistically, and politically taken away from the American people because of the revolutionary war?

The image of the live, work, have 2.5 children, die, American dream reached it's peak years ago. Americans are aware of what's going on around them more than ever before with all the advancements in media. You seem to be incredibly well informed, ahhh, you must be one of the frogs who jumped out of the pot. To say that people today are less informed about anything going on in the world in any way is just silly. And I'm sorry, but the patriot act never has, and never will affect me. And it's still a far cry from the communist witch hunts of the fifties for now.

I know the draft still exists, I'm actually over 18 and have had to register for it.

John Edwards is not the President.
Steve Fletcher

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:59 am

sorry, I think you mean to say people are now now as misinformed as ever. That's just it, with the advancement in media, culture, civilization. We believe what we see. Nothing is truth, everything is correct. It's a lost world, people think we've "found" everything. if you actually are trying to say the revolutionary war did not cost us anything in the way of freedoms id like to suggest you some reading-

http://www.amazon.com/Leviathan-Governm ... 969&sr=8-3

actually, a simply us history book should help you with that.

income tax, constitutional corruption, today is today.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:11 am

Yeah, this book is kinda like Selective Service.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:28 am

Potter wrote: they have been slowly taken away and taken away. the average citizen barely notices, let alone bothers to care about it.
Sounds like how most Communist governments start out.

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:00 am

built-to-spill wrote:John Edwards is not the President.
Damn fucking straight.

I'm exceptionally proud of Bush either. His ties with the oil industries and such make me think less and less of him. He's not incredibly bright either.

Listen, built-to-spill, you make some good points. Potter, however pessimistic as it may seem, gives light to a lot of possibilities. So what? There's always a possibility for anything and everything.

I re-enlisted with the National Guard for another 6 years knowing there's a possibility that I might have to go to Iraq. My fiance, albeit saddened, is still very supportive of me.

Potter,
That's just it, with the advancement in media, culture, civilization. We believe what we see. Nothing is truth, everything is correct.
But do you not base all your "intel" on what you're reading and seeing via the media or internet (a form of media). You have experienced life. Granted, you are older than the 14 year old I might a few years ago, but your still a young teenager in high school.
This is going for all young kids who try to think that what they believe is fact based on thing they read or hear about.
You haven't experienced life. You haven't. Simple as that. You may think you have, and trust me, I though I knew life when I was in high school. I thought I knew everything.
The moment I came to be on my own, supporting myself and such, I realized just how crazy this place can be. It not easy. It can be fun, and wonderful. It can be what you have enough desire to make it. And trust me, it's far better than any other place out there.
You know what...I'm still young myself. I'm 24. I'm not 50. I haven't been here since the Vietnam War. I was born in 1983, and I was too young to remember Desert Storm.

This nation has always had problems. I think I've said this before. You'll never get away from issues in America. The draft has happened before, and if it happens again, then so be it. If someone gets pulled in the draft, then they need to accept it and serve like a descent fucking citizen of the United States of America.
I don't want to go to Iraq. By no means do I have any desire to go. I want to stay home, and start a family with my future wife. However, if it comes time for me to go, I will go. I will perform my duty. Each citizen of America, though not in the military, is still responsible for the well being of this nation. Just because I volunteered to join the military doesn't mean you as a citizen don't have the responsibility and duty to protect this nation too.

I'm sick and tired of people bitching and complaining about this nation, and it's problems...and yet they sick back and don't do a damn thing to try and change it.
I'm sick and tired of non-patriotic people complaining and trying to get out of serving this nation. If you don't want any part, then get out. Get out, and go to some country where you have absolutely no choice in anything.

It's so pointless arguing on here.

I'd love to see this nation require each male citizen to serve a minimum of two years in any of the Armed Forces. I think what this nation needs is men to step up and be fucking men.
When I say require, I use that in the same fashion like every person is required to complete high school.....meaning if they want to do anything in life, those two things need happen.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:50 am

aspen wrote: I'm sick and tired of non-patriotic people complaining and trying to get out of serving this nation. If you don't want any part, then get out. Get out, and go to some country where you have absolutely no choice in anything.

I'd love to see this nation require each male citizen to serve a minimum of two years in any of the Armed Forces. I think what this nation needs is men to step up and be fucking men.
OK, so I'm not a man if I don't want to be trained how to kill people in conflicts that I don't agree with politically or morally? Great, thanks for that little tip.

Everyone in this country needs to shut the fuck up about "PATRIOTIC" behavior. I'm in full support of what this country was based on, THE CONSTITUTION, our basic unalienable rights. Our nation's track record with foreign relations is nothing to be proud of, so stop waving the American flag just because a terrorist group flew planes into the WTC, Pentagon and almost White House. I guess it's okay when people are terrorists for our imperialistic needs (WE HAD TO STOP COMMUNISM BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH).
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:18 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
aspen wrote: I'm sick and tired of non-patriotic people complaining and trying to get out of serving this nation. If you don't want any part, then get out. Get out, and go to some country where you have absolutely no choice in anything.

OK, so I'm not a man if I don't want to be trained how to kill people in conflicts that I don't agree with politically or morally? Great, thanks for that little tip.
Did I say anything about training you to kill people. No. I said joining the Armed Forces. The point being that some guys are unable to become men on their own. They require help, leadership, training. Some guys have enough common sense to know. It takes life experience to fully understand a lot of things. No person can possibly understand things if they've been under their parents wings all their life.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:17 pm

You'd have to take the armed out of armed forces if you're going to say they don't train people to kill.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Post by built-to-spill » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:41 pm

So your saying that everything that's happening in our country right now is a direct result of the revolutionary war? Taxes were decreased after the revolutionary war, and I'm pretty sure our taxes are still much lower than those in the UK.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but how do you know that all the information you have is right and all the information everyone else has is wrong? Have you actually read that book? And even if you have, how do you know that Clint Bolick isn't full of shit? I would encourage you to examine things more carefully and fully before you try to sound like an expert on these subjects. Especially since there are people who are 3 times older than you who get paid to be politicians who don't have all the easy answers like you do. Or perhaps just paste us a link to moveon.org and spare us your inane regurgitations.

I could actually care less about politics, there are more important things happening in my life than national affairs. I'm also hoping to move to central america in a few years.
Steve Fletcher

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:22 pm

built-to-spill wrote:I could actually care less about politics, there are more important things happening in my life than national affairs.

and there you have it
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:28 pm

aspen wrote:I'm sick and tired of non-patriotic people complaining and trying to get out of serving this nation. If you don't want any part, then get out. Get out, and go to some country where you have absolutely no choice in anything..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4048&hl=en

you need to learn what patriotism is. oh, and by the way, if you are actually saying that "being a man; patriotic" is killing other people in the name of a conflict you don't agree with whatsoever and that helps your country in no positive way, please just leave this thread and never come back.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:02 pm

Potter wrote: please just leave this FORUM and never come back.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:20 pm

danc1005 wrote:
Potter wrote: please just leave some candy and never come back.

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:51 pm

aspen wrote:I'd love to see this nation require each male citizen to serve a minimum of two years in any of the Armed Forces. I think what this nation needs is men to step up and be fucking men.
When I say require, I use that in the same fashion like every person is required to complete high school.....meaning if they want to do anything in life, those two things need happen.

I see a few things wrong with your statements.

1. Requiring military service will greatly detract from the individual and free-thinking society that we live in. The military is about forcing everyone into thinking a certain way, as is expressly... uh... expressed by yourself, Chris. Nothing but respect for you, but seriously, you went through basic training and you know that I'm correct. The nail that sticks out gets hammered?

2. Who has to complete high school to do anything with their life? Sure, there's a correlation between the amount of education someone has and the amount of money they make (on average)... but, seriously... I work for a fortune 100 company and I'm a high school dropout. Explain this one to me when you get a moment.

edit: Also, learn to use your and you're correctly. Please. For the love of fucking god. kthanxbai lulz