Harry Potter! (SPOILERS)

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:14 am

danc1005 wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:[I respected the readers intelligence enough to think that if they were going to be reading a book, and cared about it as passionately as you seem to, they would not be going on the internet looking at things titled "harry potter," and if they did the would do it with caution. I thought they would have been saving their speed reading for the book, not a post that starts off with "obligatory post of spoilers@@" which is meant to catch the eye of the reader and help prevent spoiling, as it were, the novel.
And that's EXACTLY why I didn't flame you at all, or agree with Jizzon. How stupid do you have to be to go the Harry Potter thread of ANY site, if you're trying to avoid spoilers? Suggesting that a reader would do that, Jizzon, is insulting their intelligence.
lol, for the record i made the thread without meaning for it to be spoilers, so when that came up i had already read one before realizing what it was :(
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:54 pm

danc1005 wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:[I respected the readers intelligence enough to think that if they were going to be reading a book, and cared about it as passionately as you seem to, they would not be going on the internet looking at things titled "harry potter," and if they did the would do it with caution. I thought they would have been saving their speed reading for the book, not a post that starts off with "obligatory post of spoilers@@" which is meant to catch the eye of the reader and help prevent spoiling, as it were, the novel.
And that's EXACTLY why I didn't flame you at all, or agree with Jizzon. How stupid do you have to be to go the Harry Potter thread of ANY site, if you're trying to avoid spoilers? Suggesting that a reader would do that, Jizzon, is insulting their intelligence.
Heh! I actually agree with you on that point, for the most part. Being a moderator, however, puts me in the position of trying to keep things respectable and respectful. If something isn't clear to someone, be it a spoiler or some other point of interest, it's my job to clarify it, and to help everyone else realize that the little things you may do either way can really help or hurt. Is it possible that people want to simply discuss Harry Potter? Hell yes it is. This is a forum, after all. If it were me, I would have avoided such a thing like the plague...but as a mod, I don't get the luxury of believing that everyone else thinks as you and I do on the matter. As such, for future reference, just be courteous enough if you post spoilers (which is just fine, for the record) to put a fairly large break before you spoil away. Not longcat big, just a half page or so...and if possible, to mark the topic as such. Then, if some flaming idiot still manages to get the information they didn't want to see, there's absolutely nothing you've done wrong. I'll get some PM, deal with it, and no one else is wiser or worse for it. It's cheesy, sure, but my ultimate role here is to serve you guys.

Now everyone, let's play a little game. Come up with the best bad adult movie HP names you can. Characters, titles...anything goes. Of course, if you want to interject with actual HP content, feel free to do so.

Hmm...

Honey Potter and the Sorcerer's Bone
Hairy Pooter and the Chamber of Secretions
Harry Palmer and the Prisoner of Asskabang
"" and the Gobbling Desire

You all know some of the supporting cast: Ms. McConjugal, Luscious Mouthtoy and his son, Dildo Mouthtoy...and who can forget the dreaded Vulvawart?
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:35 pm

Jizzon's back, and he's serious
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:14 pm

Harry Potter and the Orgy of the Penis?
...Too obvious.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:50 pm

Harry Potter and the cause of bad threads on forums across the internets
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:07 pm

People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.