Comedy!

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Soma
Standard
Standard

Post by Soma » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:41 pm

Definitely stick to the Channel 4 (UK) version; they used to show it all of the time on Comedy Central--I grew up on that. I'll give Wayne Brady a little respect, he's probably the best 'pure' singing comic they've had on either version. The problem was that when it wasn't all about singing he just couldn't stand up to any one else that was on.

I think the UK version definitely had more quality in general though. Granted, there were some people that were less funny than each other, but they were all pretty damn funny. I really liked the uh...(hitting imdb)...Tony Slattery; he was sfw but still naughty if not rather juvenile. Their core group of Ryan, Colin and Greg really couldn't be beat.
The same blue sky in a strange new world...

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:23 am

Tonight I saw a 90-minute long, improvised musical. All of the dances, lyrics, melodies, everything were made up on the spot with an outstanding pianist coming up with music to fit the scene. I was impressed.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:48 am

Saw comedysportz a week or two ago. They had some hilarious moments.. such as when they faked doing DDR ;)

However, the atmosphere was a little too forced for me. They kept telling people to cheer and spent a lot of time explaining what was going on. lol.. but maybe i'll go back for their 5$ night show sometime where they're actually allowed to say bad words :shock:
groovestats
<3 blackcat

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Full Frontal Comedy has a show this Friday night @9 in the Union! 8) COMES!

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:05 am

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm stoked.

I found my way into contact with "The Beatbox", a Chicago-based improv group that does exactly the kind of show I've been wanting to do for quite some time now. This summer I'll be up there jamming with them, and God willing, touring too!

Short Clip

Full Show (although old)

My goal is to get Full Frontal here in Bloomington to hop on the same bandwagon of rhythm and freestyle. It's so damn fun, but requires a new perspective and confidence than basic improv.