RIP George Carlin

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

RIP George Carlin

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:06 pm

You were a great mind.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Re: RIP George Carlin

Post by blackcat » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:24 pm

wow, is Indyddr really this dead? That no one else recognizes the death of probably one of the best comedians out there? I mean, I knew IndyDDR was fading...but....WOAH...

Getting back to the topic though, his death is really sad...he was one funny motherfucker that's for sure :wink:

Haha, I listened to one of his stand up routines, and I thought this particular quote was funny:
"I cannot understand why prostitution is illegal! Selling is legal! Fucking is legal! Why isn't selling fucking legal?"

RIP George Carlin.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:07 am

I can't say that I appreciated his comedy, but he was a great comedian. He did come up with a lot of funny stuff.

I just didn't like the "lol cursing is funny lol" attitude.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:38 am

One of my 3 favorite comedians passed away! NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOooooo!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:58 am

George Carlin wrote:When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
You'll be missed Mr. Carlin :( :cry: