I ran my arcade machines off a generator yesterday...

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

I ran my arcade machines off a generator yesterday...

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:53 pm

...for fun!

My dad bought a 7000 watt generator after the power went out in our region...so what else were we going to do then play DDR off of a gasoline engine? It was pretty intense and ran all 9 of our machines. Afterwards we used it for what it was bought for (he plugged it into the 240 outlet that he had had installed to put a back current through the house to run all the appliances/lights etc in case of a power failure)

I should have taken pictures. = (

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Re: I ran my arcade machines off a generator yesterday...

Post by malictus » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:04 pm

If you ran an arcade off a gas generator permanently you'd have to charge $20 a game just to pay for all that gas... :shock:

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Re: I ran my arcade machines off a generator yesterday...

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:12 am

i FINALLY got electricity back to my area (I had posted my first post in a cafe far from my region).

The generator is surprisingly reasonable. It uses a half a gallon of gas an hour. (5 gallon tank that's good for 10 hours) assuming you only use 50% of the load it's capable of. Still considerably more expensive than regular electricity, but it keeps the milk cold and the lights on.

I'm just glad to have finally gotten it back. Since I didnt have work, I did get to play through Force Unleashed on a computer monitor via my xbox and VGA cable so I was happy about that.

Thankfully work will start up Monday so I can squeeze in enough money pay the bills ^_^