Merk answers your intraweb questions.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Merk answers your intraweb questions.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 pm

I'll probably get a badge just to support the community. Plus I get a badge :D

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Riot if it makes you feel any better I'll share some of my buffets with you.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu May 12, 2011 4:57 pm

http://shoryuken.com/f8/%2450-cover-cha ... ad-270779/

This thread is why I thought that. Anddddd who knows, Mr. Wizard is posting in that thread and didn't mention the free entry, so we'll see. It probably is, but who knows what all is entailed with a $50 entry. It's all nonrefundable anyway so too late.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Thu May 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Merk, who is your favorite Pony from MLP: FiM and why?
And if you don't have one then why not?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 am

What was the best meat you ate today?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon May 16, 2011 8:38 am

Pokebis wrote:Merk, who is your favorite Pony from MLP: FiM and why?
I do not have a favorite pony from MLP. I'm not sure really how this meme got started, but My Little Pony seems to be the flavor of the month for 4chan and Something Awful. The internet can be a weird and wild place!

If I had to choose a pony, I'd say whichever one was the sassiest would be my favorite.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:What was the best meat you ate today?
This is in reference to my lunch gathering at Fogo De Chao in Indianapolis. I would say the best meat I had was either the Picanha or the Filet Mignon both of which I had cooked medium-rare. I don't understand how the other people at my table could eat their meat cooked medium-well but I guess I'm a pretentious asshole.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 16, 2011 10:12 am

Merk wrote:
Pokebis wrote:Merk, who is your favorite Pony from MLP: FiM and why?
I do not have a favorite pony from MLP. I'm not sure really how this meme got started, but My Little Pony seems to be the flavor of the month for 4chan and Something Awful. The internet can be a weird and wild place!

If I had to choose a pony, I'd say whichever one was the sassiest would be my favorite.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:What was the best meat you ate today?
This is in reference to my lunch gathering at Fogo De Chao in Indianapolis. I would say the best meat I had was either the Picanha or the Filet Mignon both of which I had cooked medium-rare. I don't understand how the other people at my table could eat their meat cooked medium-well but I guess I'm a pretentious asshole.
Why on earth would you pay that much money to eat medium-well steak at a place like Fogo. You can easily make the exact same steak at home even if you're a terrible cook like me. If your goal in life is to stuff meat down your gullet without regard for flavor or complexity, just go to McDonald's dollar value menu and get 30 double stacks *or* stop being a child and eat grown-up food.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon May 16, 2011 10:29 am

I don't know! As much as I rag on BigBadOrc for not eating meat (I do it out of love), I don't wanna be "that guy" that tells people the proper way to eat their food. All I know is that my medium-rare cuts were tender, bloody, juicy, and had a proper salty sear - in other words, it was god damn delicious.

I'll let you try to pick out who had the medium-well cuts though! Here were my table mates:

Pat
Adam
Sam
Wes
Kwon
Vician

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 16, 2011 11:28 am

Merk wrote:I don't know! As much as I rag on BigBadOrc for not eating meat (I do it out of love), I don't wanna be "that guy" that tells people the proper way to eat their food. All I know is that my medium-rare cuts were tender, bloody, juicy, and had a proper salty sear - in other words, it was god damn delicious.
I'm not hating on vegetarians, I'm just hating on people that go for something average and boring. It would be like Mike heading to a salad bar with all the fresh veggies in the world and piling iceberg lettuce on his plate. Why go out to eat at all?

Pat - Medium (though their Medium is a little more medium-rare than most, so I'll allow it.)
Adam - Medium-rare
Sam - This is a tough one, but I'm guessing Medium.
Wes - Obviously medium well.
Kwon - Obviously medium well.
Vician - Medium rare.

I wish we had bet $$$ on this.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon May 16, 2011 11:45 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I'm not hating on vegetarians, I'm just hating on people that go for something average and boring. It would be like Mike heading to a salad bar with all the fresh veggies in the world and piling iceberg lettuce on his plate. Why go out to eat at all?

Pat - Medium (though their Medium is a little more medium-rare than most, so I'll allow it.)
Adam - Medium-rare
Sam - This is a tough one, but I'm guessing Medium.
Wes - Obviously medium well.
Kwon - Obviously medium well.
Vician - Medium rare.

I wish we had bet $$$ on this.
I see your point and I agree with it completely. My memory is sort of hazy but I believe the cuts went like this:

Pat - Medium-Rare. Pat knows what he is doing I'd say most of the time.
Adam - Medium
Sam - Medium-well
Wes - Medium
Kwon - Medium-well
Vician - Didn't care. He literally just said "Gimmie some meat" in awkward Vician fashion and the gauchos gave him whatever.

I wanted to put money down on how many cuts Vician would eat but it appears that only you and I are the betting type, Mr. Wagner. Adam, Pat, and I did make a friendly guess though. Adam said 11 cuts, I said 12, and Pat said 15.

Vician ate 15.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Back in 2001, Pat liked medium. He's grown so much.

I wonder what correlations you can draw from people and how they like their steak cooked. What do you think?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon May 16, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm not sure. I don't really buy in to the whole "Oh you like this thing therefore you are this" line of thinking that pop culture and Astrology exude. Just because some dude likes the color pink doesn't make him a faggot or because someone likes their steak cooked a certain way doesn't mean they're immature or what have you.

Food is one of those things I don't like to criticize people on (except for BigBadOrc but that's all in good fun). I used to be pretty bad about it, "You need to eat this thing this way because it is the best way" but now I don't care so much anymore. Honestly, being snooty about anything is very much a class-ism thing. The rich and powerful eat their food according to this tradition and anything else is looked down upon as being low class. People can do what they want and whatever rationale they have for eating their food a certain way is fine by me.

Don't get me wrong though, I fucking hate trashy people and I look down on their lifestyle. People who are fine complaining about having to buy cigarettes, drop out of high school (no offense to Potter) to work on cars or join the military, and are complacent with living in their trailer deserve all the derision that's coming to them. There's a difference between poor and trashy - one had an upbringing with very few opportunities, the other is a result of being a fucking retard.

I like going off on tangents. Anyway, I don't think you can discern anything from how someone likes their meat cooked.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon May 16, 2011 12:58 pm

I like my steak well done. Less bacteria that will give me diarrhea that way.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Please cite your diarrhea.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:42 am

Yo anybody got any more questions for me?