The Bad Day Thread

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:24 pm

Crotis Jivefunk wrote:my cat yoda jusy died. mom found him by the backdoor a few hours ago. his heart stopped. he was fine the hour before that. because of this, i feel miserable and can't get back to sleep. my sister's taking it really hard.
Im sorry to hear that. I remember when 3 of my cats died...not at the same time, but with each one I had since I was a little girl and I cried so freaking hard. My then bf made fun of me saying it was just a cat...but she was my friend!

I just got two new kittens, about a year ago, and they are filling the voikd that I felt when I lost my most recent kitty.

Oh and to add to the bad day, Im not having a bad day, but I did have to wake up to an alarm, and that is enough to make is a not so good day.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:42 pm

Working retail sucks because all youa re is a more golified version of someone who picks up everyone else's shit all day and gets paid little for doing it. I just wish people would have the sense to at least pick up after yourself if you are shopping. Its kinda like Kinkos and throwing paper all over the place...you wouldent do that, so why do people feel the need to act like pigs in retail. Its not just the public either, its our overnight crew thats too damn lazy to do anything.

ANd i sprained my ankle at rugby yesterday

And im tired

And sore

And tired of bitching

/end rant

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:29 pm

Crotis Jivefunk wrote:my cat yoda jusy died. mom found him by the backdoor a few hours ago. his heart stopped. he was fine the hour before that. because of this, i feel miserable and can't get back to sleep. my sister's taking it really hard.
*hug*

I know how it feels to lose a kitty... *sniff* Moonbeam...my littermate...

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:36 pm

BladeFist87 wrote:Working retail sucks because all youa re is a more golified version of someone who picks up everyone else's shit all day and gets paid little for doing it. I just wish people would have the sense to at least pick up after yourself if you are shopping. Its kinda like Kinkos and throwing paper all over the place...you wouldent do that, so why do people feel the need to act like pigs in retail. Its not just the public either, its our overnight crew thats too damn lazy to do anything.

ANd i sprained my ankle at rugby yesterday

And im tired

And sore

And tired of bitching

/end rant
Whats really fun is when you pick half eaten chicken legs out of the toy bins.

I work in a photo lab and it's just annoying dealing with people who have no idea what thier fucking camera does, I can usually figure out most digital camera menus, but some just don't make any sense to me. Also nothing is more depressing/amusing than watching someone try to load thier APS camera and just not getting it.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:00 am

man every Retail job I had fucking rocked. I've done retail in Pacsun and Hobbytown USA, both of which I was ALWAYS top seller, and both companies saw a considerable percentage raise in profits while I was there.

You get to talk about stuff you like all day long, how can that suck?

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:39 am

I have heartburn from eating a bunch of hot salsa last night at about 2 AM and then only getting 4 hours of sleep.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:43 am

OrangeLounger wrote:I have heartburn from eating a bunch of hot salsa last night at about 2 AM and then only getting 4 hours of sleep.
And....who's fault is that? :roll: :wink:

I haven't even read the whole thread, but I'm sorry about Yoda. I have a cat named [Darth] Vader! Do you want him? o_o He's the sweetest thing this side of the dark side!
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:58 am

Me thinks Im going to have to re-take this math course....me thinks this is the first class I ever failed...in my life... >.<
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Soma
Standard
Standard

Post by Soma » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:27 pm

The bleach is cooking my brain, but that's what vanity does to you.
The same blue sky in a strange new world...

LoveIsCaffeinated
Standard
Standard

Post by LoveIsCaffeinated » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:05 pm

yeah. i woke up at around noon, ironed clothes for about an hour, and had to babysit my brother and his friend. and i can't go over to my boyfriend's house till about 3:30 because his mom is out. and i can't go to the party i wanted to go to tonight because i have a doctor's appt at 5:30 in indianapolis and, coupled with errands, i'm not going to be back till around nine.

in summary, this day has been, and will continue to be, a complete waste of time.

*deep breath*
*forced smile*

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:38 am

It's only 6:30, and I can already tell that today's going to be bad. I slept w/ my hair wet so it's ultra frizzy and wouldn't straighten and now it is sticking straight up in the front. I got up too late to shave my legs so now I can't wear a skirt on the only day it's going to be absolutely gorgeous this week. And I'm tired as hell. It's one of those days where every little thing is going to annoy me.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:20 am

I have a lot of those days...well, I don't shave my legs, and I don't wear skirts, so that's out. However, I do have long hair, so I can sympathize with you on that one. :x
I have bad days at random...generally, if I see something or think of someone that reminds me of my past, I'll have a bad day.
In short: Thinking about my past, the people I loved, and what I want to do with my life = bad day.
Not giving a damn and living day by day = good day. Of course, eventually I'll wind up in a dead end, and have to own up. But for now, fuck it. I'm allowed to have fun too, right?

Juwi bean
Standard
Standard

Post by Juwi bean » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:15 am

Pheadra wrote:Me thinks Im going to have to re-take this math course....me thinks this is the first class I ever failed...in my life... >.<
me thinks you should have studied :-D

i hope you pass it, though...math is gay. (and not in the homosexual way either)
i am cute. my panda's bigger than your panda.
Avon Otaku

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:14 am

Meh, I had to stay overnight at a hospital last night.. The couch was rock-hard, and I think I'm about twice as tall as it was long. @_@; Coupled with watching my brother be in more pain than I've ever seen--it was pretty awful. >_<

My brother got Leukemia four years ago, and he beat up on that. But since the Marrow transplant, the GVH has done a number on his liver. It just recently got worse and the docs are saying it doesn't look good if it doesn't shapen up by Friday... If any of you guys are religious, or anything, I'd appreciate your prayers, or anything really...

Sorry--just rambling...Got a lot on my mind.
I'm old now

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:25 am

FUCK
I HATE WORK WHEN SERVERS GO DOWN
MY TICKET QUEUE IS FUCKING 45 TICKETS USUALLY 10 AT MOST AGHGHGHGHGH

(i do outsourced webhosting tech support)

Update: I fucking rock.
insert code compile execute return