Because I saw it on 4chan mommy!

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Because I saw it on 4chan mommy!

Post by God Of Rock » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:10 am

What would you do if you woke up one morning and you notice the
world is overrun by zombies, the classic kind, not that 28days running shit.
where would you go and what would you bring.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:00 am

Honestly, I'd go to your house and follow you wherever you went. Because I know that you would pick a good location to stay in, and you would make it a fortress.

And I'd bring...ehm...supplies, I guess, seeing as my arsenal is tiny. And if they were the classic slow zombies, I'd just whip out the handbook and grab all the stuff it says. So very practical. n_n

And if I didn't have it......I sense a Wal-Mart raid on the way over. n_n
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:13 am

Id get all my friends over And turn my house into the fucking pentagon. My dual montior shit with a 15" crt from 8 years ago hells yes. I bet we would all have at least one comp werever we all stayed so we could tell eachother plans and there movements. It would be like a super intelligance intercommmunication army HELLZ YES. We wuld easily overtake them.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:39 pm

I would mingle with them you know gain their trust, like I'm their brothers or something... and when they least expect I'll kill them all... I'm very secretive like that.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:23 pm

Mua ha, zombie apocolypse, here I come!

Supplies-
Springfield M1A1 .308 rifle (scope if available)
(substitute Ruger mini-14 .223 rifle if previous is unavailable)
20 round Hi-Cap magazines (at least 3) for rifle

Colt/Kimber .45 pistol or equivalent with at least 2 magazines.

Katana, and utility/combat knife
Tactical vest/belts and holsters for equipment
Basic first aid kit
Rope
Maps/compass
battery powered radio
flashlight
Ligher/matches
energy bars and water

As much .308/ .45 ammo as I can get my hands on. :twisted:

Location-

Acquire needed supplies as soon as possible. The longer you wait to
do supplie runs, the more zombies you'll have to fend off. Acquire supplies by any means necessary, as quickly as possible.

Arrive, clear, and secure Gateway Save-a-lot grocery store. Barricade front entrance and windows with pallets and grocery shelves.
Barricade rear entryway.
Secure roof access, and sweep roof area of any people/zombies.
Dispose of bodies.

Area is secure.

Enjoy. :D

Pumeleon
Standard
Standard

Post by Pumeleon » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:38 pm

I'd go to the twinkee factory in Natick. :P

Seeing as just about any brain damage kills a zombie, I'd choose a quick, low stopping power, high ROF, light pistol, such as a Baretta 9mm. Because you can never have enough backup, I'd also have an MP5, and thick aluminum T-Ball bat. Those things get going FAST hand have a large amount of energy when swung. That'd be enough to destroy a zombrain. Shotguns are good for defense against zombies. Seeing as these aren't the amazingly fast kind like in Dawn of the Dead the remake, you can wait until they get in range with your back to a wall and unload on those motherfuckers.

In case of absolute emergency: Hairspray and lighter. Fire kills zombies, too. So does electricity, but I don't think a tazer would do. You'd need enough watts to boil them from the inside.

Transportation is a must. No matter how well supplied you are, or how fortified you are, you always need an escape route and ways to resupply. I suggest finding an armored car. If you know how to fly a chopper, and are near a small county airport, even better. You can go on survivor sweeps/resupply missions like they did in "Day of the Dead".

I'd try to keep a cadre of people who knew how to repair mechanical things, electric things, heal people, grow herbs and maintain things.

Fuel for cars or other vehicles would be hard to come by, but a raid on the local radioshack gives us some neat parts with which to make a solar power array. True, they only give like... 1.2v and 300 mA, but enough of those and you can power a car for a short trip. Hopefully they have a backstock. :P

Explosive traps are good. All barricaded doors/windows would have sensors in them to sound an alarm. That would warn people of the intrusion, and each nused barricaded entryway would also have a few grenade-on-high-tension-wire traps to destroy the first wave of Zombies. The first few undead gone, that gives us time to fight off the second wave and build a makeshift barricade to give us time to build a GOOD barricade.

Of course I'd bring DDR. The apocalypse wouldn't be any fun without Healing Vision Angelic Mix.
Penis size is inversely proportional to signature size.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:04 pm

Wow guys, If I was the president I would hold a simulation of this weekly. Screw the debtto other countries, just buy out a small island and build some shops, and tranquilize some people for that good ol zombie effect. How cool would that be.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:29 am

ps -aux|more
kill pid

:lol:
insert code compile execute return

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:28 pm

Pumeleon wrote:In case of absolute emergency: Hairspray and lighter. Fire kills zombies, too. So does electricity, but I don't think a tazer would do. You'd need enough watts to boil them from the inside.
Torching a zombie makes them nothing more than a moving torch. Flesh burns slowly, and you wouldn't immidiately destroy the brain by catching the undead aflame. o_o I'd be really scared to be in your party if zombies came and you resorted to fire. We'd all be dead.

Electricity would work, but it would have to be enough to fry the fuckers. And to have that much electricity in your own hands...just seems to dangerous when you can do something else. n_x
Pumeleon wrote:Explosive traps are good. All barricaded doors/windows would have sensors in them to sound an alarm. That would warn people of the intrusion, and each nused barricaded entryway would also have a few grenade-on-high-tension-wire traps to destroy the first wave of Zombies. The first few undead gone, that gives us time to fight off the second wave and build a makeshift barricade to give us time to build a GOOD barricade.
Explosive traps....... So you're saying you want to blow up the zombies, spreading their remains in tiny little pieces everywhere? You know that you die immidiately if you ingest the flesh of the undead, right? Just seems risky to me.
Pumeleon wrote:Of course I'd bring DDR. The apocalypse wouldn't be any fun without Healing Vision Angelic Mix.
LoL. Sounds like fun. Noise hazard, though. n_x;;

Eeeee, this is fun to talk about. n_n

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:12 pm

I'd goto Iraq and fight those terrorists....

Wait a minute...

My house would suck to stay in, too many windows. Taking a grocery store would be great supply-wise, but the glass windows could be a problem. If you have time get a welder and some gas piping/rebar and jack up those windows before you put shelves in front of 'em. Make sure the only way to access the roof is through the building, so any ladders should be either A) pulled up to the roof only to be dropped down in emergencies or B) removed. Any survivors that have skills with rifles should patrol the roof and remove any zom's heads that approach the store. Frag Grenades would be helpful as an easy throw into a parking lot full of zombies could do great amounts of damage. M4's with some M203 nade launchers could be great crowd controllers as well. Ingesting zombie parts could be taken care of with some goggles and a painter's mask.

Once the perimeter/building is secured, the next supply runs you should make(that is saying you have secured a vehicle) would be gun store(obvious reasons), police station(riot gear and SWAT van, maybe chopper if you have a pilot), fuel supply, hardware store(plywood, nails, GENERATOR, lightbulbs/fixtures, etc.)

If there's some period where you aren't under assault and feel safe enough to wander into the parking lot, use the shopping cart returns to help secure the entrances. Shopping carts could help(ala 28dayslater) as well. If you feel lucky and that any light won't attract more flesheaters, burn the zombies you've killed.

Then sit and wait for those suckers to starve, maybe make some survivor runs if you feel lucky.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Pumeleon
Standard
Standard

Post by Pumeleon » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:10 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote: Torching a zombie makes them nothing more than a moving torch. Flesh burns slowly, and you wouldn't immidiately destroy the brain by catching the undead aflame. o_o I'd be really scared to be in your party if zombies came and you resorted to fire. We'd all be dead.
Actually, all undead (Vampires, Zombies, Liches, and Ghasts) fall victim to Rhötschrek. ... according to legend, that is. It's the red fear. If they're set on fire they'll panic and move as quickly as possible away from the source. If there's a large open roaring flame, the zombies would stay FAR away from that.

I wasn't suggesting actually lighting them on fire. I was suggesting using it as a deterrant. :D
Penis size is inversely proportional to signature size.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:00 am

I'm tempted to say that a huge fire would DRAW more undead, as opposed to deterring them.

I just don't think that zombies would be afraid of fire. The others, yes, maybe. But zombies have one thing that motivates them to get up and walk after death, and that's the desire to feed. I don't believe that a fire would deter them from their task at hand.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:41 am

In order to feel fear, you have to have a functioning brain.
Zombies are lacking of that...they have no emotion, no fear.
Theoretically, they're drawn by anything that stands out...light,
sound, etc...and well, fire tends to stand out. I have a hunch that
lighting a large fire would only draw hordes of them to your
location.
Secondly, the only way to kill a zombie is to destroy it's brain...and it
would take a long time for fire to actually eat through a zombie enough
to scorch it's brain matter. Electricity might work, if it's a high enough voltage to say...cook the brain. And hey, that just sounds fun! :twisted:

The Zombie Survival Handbook is my friend. :D

The M4, in my opinion, would be a somewhat flawed weapon. It would serve it's purpose of course, but having a weapon with rapid fire capability will only hinder you in the long run.
Only a direct headshot will kill a zombie. Semi-auto is the setting of choice for head shots...it'll force you to focus on each bullet, not a stream of bullets, and therefore will conserve precious ammo in the long run. The M-4 can be switched to semi-auto, but it is still built for full auto fire, which may hinder it's accuracy, depending on the model.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod- ... aded.shtml
I chose the M1 (M-14) because it's an accurate, semi automatic rifle, that also has a completely wooden stock that could double as a melee weapon. Secondly, it fires the .308 round, which is larger and has more potential knock down power than the M-4/m-16's .223 round, which are significantly less potent. The added power could possibly take a zombie clear off it's feet, even if the hit wasn't a head shot.
Last of all, it and similar rifles are sturdier and easier to maintain. M-16 type rifles have a nasty habit of jamming in the field if they aren't properly cared for and cleaned on a regular basis.
If you're dead set on an automatic for close in combat, I'd highly recomend an AK-47, or one of it's variants. They're extremely reliable and sturdy, and also fire a larger, more powerful round than the m-16 rifles. The problem with AK's, is that they lose accuracy beyond 100 yards. This limits them to more close in combat, which is the only place you'd need an automatic to begin with.
As far as long range shooting is concerned, you can either stick with the M1, many of which can be mounted with a scope or other optics. A bolt action rifle would work very well, and most of them come pre-fitted with scopes, and are remarkably accurate. The type of ammunition is less important for sniping, since you'll have more time to focus on a headshot, which will be lethal regardless of the type of round you're using, perhaps excluding a .22 or other small rounds). .223 or .308 would work decently. Both have more than enough power to penetrate the skull and sufficiently scramble the brain, and they're also very common. You can find them at your local gun store with ease.

Oh, we chose the Save a Lot, because it's a small grocery store, and has less front window space than most larger stores. They would still require constant babysitting, but the abundant stock of supplies makes it worth defending. Also, I believe there's a rear garage type area where you could store a get away/supply run vehicle. We would undoubtedly need to go out and acquire certain supplies...not food, I suppose, but ammunition may pose a problem, depending on how long we're holed up.

Zombie bodies would need to be burned, so we would have to make runs out to the parking lot to take care of that every few days or so, depending on how trigger happy I decide to get on the roof. This would require careful planning, though, since a makeshift funeral pyre will draw more zombies, and you never know just how many are lurking near by. Could be a couple dozen, could be half the town.
Propane tanks would also be useful for crowd control, ala- dawn of the dead. Lob one into a crowd of zombies, either with a rigged explosive, or a carefully placed bullet, and shizzam! You've got yourself a bomb.

Oh, back on the fire-arms issue, you may want to keep a revolver and some matching ammunition handy. Automatics are choice, of course...but if you lose the clip (which may happen in close combat), it's utterly useless, no matter how many rounds you have laying around. A revolver can be reloaded and used over again without a clip, though reloading in the midst of combat isn't something I'd recomend, unless you're used to using a revolver. Shaky hands make loading the cylinder difficult. :?
Caliber is just a matter of choice. A magnum round could be considered over-kill, as well as huge strain on the shooter...however, a direct hit with a .357 or .44 round is almost guaranteed to take whatever you're shooting off their feet. This may be handy, if you're in a situation where you'd have to use the revolver to begin with.

...sorry, I have a lot of time to think about this. :roll:

Fuzakeru
Standard
Standard

Post by Fuzakeru » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:29 am

I'd give one a hug.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:59 pm

Original Sin wrote:In order to feel fear, you have to have a functioning brain.
Zombies are lacking of that...they have no emotion, no fear.
Theoretically, they're drawn by anything that stands out...light,
sound, etc...and well, fire tends to stand out. I have a hunch that
lighting a large fire would only draw hordes of them to your
location.
Secondly, the only way to kill a zombie is to destroy it's brain...and it
would take a long time for fire to actually eat through a zombie enough
to scorch it's brain matter. Electricity might work, if it's a high enough voltage to say...cook the brain. And hey, that just sounds fun! :twisted:
I'm confused on that topic about zombies.... so zombies don't have a functioning brain (theoretically) then why does destroying their brain kill them? (I know this is typical of zombie movies but it doesn't make much sense)... That's like saying I'd die if you shot off my appendix.... well I guess I could... if it got infected... but that's not the point....
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.