Now you can watch me play over the internets...

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:44 pm

I've certainly seen them. Cannon D is definately hard, though I think there may be some other stuff that's harder. The remix is certainly overbilled (it's a ?? that people regard as being really hard). The Banya Classic remix on CZ has both challenging step patterns as well as being a total stamina buster.

Solitary 2 isn't that bad (not that I can pass it with the autofail on), maybe a 17-18 or so (then again, we have determined that Exceed 2 ratings are +/- 3 anyway).

Dignity NM is just stupid though. Constant hands/freezes, 16th runs with strange crossovers...wow. I've been told there are people who can pass it with autofail on. That amazes me.

I tend to consider scores with/without autofail as separate accomplishments. For example, I've A'd Cannon D remix, but I can't pass it with autofail.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:53 pm

cannon d remix isn't that bad. hell, it's the hard steps half way through (plus i believe you can pass with a ton of misses). the remix that i can't pass at all right now is the obvious, Treme-Vook of the War. it's just soo draining for me. there's over 1200 steps in that song. i miss about 240-270 and get around 800 perfects every time.

the auto-fail thing makes no difference to me since any offical tournament will have the fail disabled anyway. plus, i like to save the "impossible song" for last.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:06 am

Yup, that's why I think it's overrated. You can slop your way through it and get your A pretty easily.

My current favorite remix is Banya Classic. I know I've gotten a B on it so far (autofail off, obviously), but I don't know that I've managed to pull an A. That thing is very tiring.

Is there an option to completely turn off autofail (the PIU manual's delightful Engrish doesn't give much info on what all of the equally Engrishy named operator menu options do) for stages other than the first? The X-Site machine definately has autofail on for all stages other than the 1st, so I actually have to be able to pass songs to play for very long :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:18 am

yes, there is an option. however, i have no idea where it is (only jason and the mananger have gotten into it). it'd be under the game option menu. there's even an option to disable songs (the Chuck E. Cheese in Paducah did this to Ba Be Loo Be Ra). we used it to disable the over-played songs like Beethoven's Virus. ho could probably help you more than me on the machine options. if not him, try http://www.ph-online.net. that is a really nice site for pump.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:35 am

I'm familiar with all the options on the operator menu, it's just that some of them are so Engrishly named and the manual has some really good gems in it (if I had the manual, I'd quote some - some are so bad that you can't even tell what they're trying to say) that you can't tell what things actually do.

Ho and I pretty much know about the same amount of stuff about the Pump machine. I guess all else failing, we can just play around with the options until we figure out what each actually does. Maybe then I can make a new manual that actually says something in English :)
A normality test:
+++ATH

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:38 am

next time you're there and get to steal the key, go to "game options" (i was right). it oughta be right in the middle.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:51 am

What's the option called?
A normality test:
+++ATH

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:14 am

it should be called "Stage Break". just set it to off. this will let you do up to 3 songs (4 if you A all 3) without having to worry about the life bar.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:17 am

So that's what that does.... The manual says something along the lines of "Option set if the PUMP stop working". How that means autofail, I'm not sure...
A normality test:
+++ATH

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:35 am

if you decide to browse around in the options, there's even one that deals with how many tickets (prize redemption) you get for points. i thought it was kind of odd.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:41 am

Oh yeah, we've been through all the options screens. I particularly like the "Mercy Ticket" option. Makes me want to connect something strange up to the ticket dispenser output...maybe a coke machine.
A normality test:
+++ATH

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:23 pm

Got some more scores from today. All of these are without the bar.

Crazy:
Come Back to Me - 22 miss - A (i think)
Eternity - 11 greats - S
Come to Me - forget miss count - A
It's "ATrap" - 25 miss - A
Too Late - 20 miss - A
Empire of the Sun - 36 miss - A

Freestyle:
Hi Bi - 8 miss - A (this one is kind of fun)

Nightmare:
Rap Act 3 - 22 miss - A
Deja Vu - forget miss count - C

Remix:
Novasonic - FS - 17 miss - A (this is my new favorite remix. lexy will have to take 2nd for now.)

I tried Banya Classic twice. The first time was at 4x... yea, I hopped off on that one. The secont time was at 3x. I think i got somewhere around 280 misses. I just got too tired in the middle. I'll try it again when I have more energy.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:56 pm

Banya Classic is freakin' hard. There's just no question about it. It's got some reasonably challenging steps and it's a stamina drainer. I guess that's the reason it's a 19. I don't think I want to see it on Nightmare...

Hi-Bi is definately fun on FS. I should play it again next time I get caught near a Pump machine.
A normality test:
+++ATH

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:47 pm

Ahh, another day of PIU...

Crazy:
Typhoon - 1 miss - A
Run - 87 miss - F
IGYAML - 81 miss - D
Essa Maneira - 60 miss - D
As I Told U - 10 miss - A

Nightmare:
Empire of the Sun - 27 miss - A
Typhoon - 60 miss - F

Remix:
Banya Classic - FS - 72 miss - C

I must say Banya Classic FS is NOT fun. If there is a NM, I can only imagine how retarded the steps would be.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:32 pm

Crazy:
Ignition Starts - 50 misses - D
19 misses - A (using bar)
We Can't Stop - 7 misses - A
Huu Yah Yeah - 18 misses - A
Hot - 7 misses - A

Nightmare:
As I Told U - 36 misses - B
Solitary - 121 misses - F

I remember now why i I hate Solitary Nightmare....it's that retarded 16th note gallop string. I *TOTALLY* see why they put that in there. I hear it in the song and all, but come on.