back to GH2 for a bit

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

back to GH2 for a bit

Post by malictus » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:57 pm

Well, the arrival of Exceed 2 to Bloomington (1 minute drive time from my house!) has resparked my interest in this music game thing, so...
Until I get up to Nightmare level, I might as well try to get all Perfects on as many Freestyle songs as possible.

All scores are on Freestyle mode, number in parentheses is how many less-than-perfects I got...

Clap Your Hands - 0
Power of Dream - 0
Let the Sunshine In - 0
Hot - 2
Lay It Down - 4
Join The Party - 4

So does anybody know what you call All-Perfects on Pump?
Last edited by malictus on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:32 am, edited 12 times in total.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:20 am

FPC?
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:31 am

AAA

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:32 pm

all perfects on Pump is still an S. they dont have the AA and AAA scoring... it's all the same.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:36 pm

Well, I can now pass two Nightmare songs - U and Xi Bom Bom. There is a CRAZY bonus to your score for passing Nightmare songs, which miraculously put me in 1st place on the scoreboard at the mall. :shock:

Hey Bloomington players, you better start playing Nightmare mode unless you want something similar to this to happen :lol: :twisted:

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:50 pm

Yes, it seems that they basically just make everythign worth double points on NM (score battle indicates that perfects are worth 1000 points on CZ, hard to tell on NM, though I guess you could deliberately try to get just a few perfects and add it up, or FPC a song and divide).

And Ho no longer has all 20 spots on the X-Site machine.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:03 pm

malictus wrote:Well, I can now pass two Nightmare songs - U and Xi Bom Bom. There is a CRAZY bonus to your score for passing Nightmare songs, which miraculously put me in 1st place on the scoreboard at the mall. :shock:

Hey Bloomington players, you better start playing Nightmare mode unless you want something similar to this to happen :lol: :twisted:
I managed to barely beat your score without playing Nightmare today. >_<

Of course, that won't last long, so I suppose I'll have to figure out Nightmare mode then... yarrrrgh.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:14 pm

Hint for scoring on CZ: put it on Random (I think that's 797913135, check the sticker that should be on the machine), then play Join the Party CZ 4 times.

You'll be one hell of a whore, but the score you'll rack up is pretty amazing for CZ.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:34 pm

MonMotha wrote:Hint for scoring on CZ: put it on Random (I think that's 797913135, check the sticker that should be on the machine), then play Join the Party CZ 4 times.

You'll be one hell of a whore, but the score you'll rack up is pretty amazing for CZ.
Why put it on Random? Does that make it 'count' for score even though you're playing it over and over?

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:27 pm

play the original steps and you'll find out that the center panel is held for the entire song. :D

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:26 pm

Yes, random makes it MUCH easier, since it will move the freeze off the center panel 4/5 of the time, removing all the spins and crazy flailing of the remaining foot.

Of course, you could play it "Louisville style" (sitting down on the center panel and hitting the arrows with your hands), but that's no fun (and it hurts your hands, too).

Interesting fact about Pump freezes: it doesn't grade the attack, only that you're on the panel for the duration of the freeze. This means you can attack freezes as early as convenient (for balance or whatever) without having to worry about a grade.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:48 pm

Hmm, I never noticed that.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:30 am

malictus wrote:Hey Bloomington players, you better start playing Nightmare mode unless you want something similar to this to happen :lol: :twisted:
I'm still amused by the sheer irony of that video given that I have historically never played for score. This is more indicative of me being the only player here who consistently plays NM...and frankly, the only consistent player in general. I've had some lonely nights at X-Site since school started. :( So my domination of the high score table is probably related more to a lack of competition than any actual mastery.

Although I won't lie that I'm not at least marginally excited to have cracked the top 50 US scores in the Internet Ranking*. I would encourage you and the Bloomington players to start entering some codes. It would be nice to see some familiar names up there. :D
MonMotha wrote:And Ho no longer has all 20 spots on the X-Site machine.
True...although you have been bumped down to 13 as of this week. ;)

* You may have to click that link, choose your region, click the Internet Ranking link, and then click the link in this message a second time to get to that page. The PIUGAME.COM site...well, from a technical standpoint, it sucks. It seems to want to store your selected region to a cookie before it will let you directly link to any pages.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:15 pm

Ho wrote:Although I won't lie that I'm not at least marginally excited to have cracked the top 50 US scores in the Internet Ranking*. I would encourage you and the Bloomington players to start entering some codes. It would be nice to see some familiar names up there. :D
Hey wait, this is MY brag thread :P
Seriously, though, congrats! I'll probably put my name up there eventually just for kicks, although it'll be awhile before I have a score in that range I'm sure...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:50 pm

malictus wrote:Hey wait, this is MY brag thread :P
Malictus, you are a winner in my book regardless.

With a couple weeks of NM play I have little doubt that you will be logging scores right up there. You've always been a better PA player than me anyway and can pass DDR songs at difficulties that I can't touch. The only reason I'm on that board and you're not is that I got a head start on you. :)

Good luck!