Standard
Standard

My freestyle vids? Oh...

Post by the gattchoon » Thu May 18, 2006 4:47 pm

Arka wrote:Quasi-[on topic]: so when are you putting up more freestyle vids? :D
http://videos.ddrfreak.com/Tournorochi2 ... icult.mpeg
OR, if you can't see that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdMpK2hMXn4

Tell me if you can't see it. That's the only one featured on DDR Freak, because it was everyone's favorite of mine, because:
1) I was 12 and Cynan's little sister
2) It was totally random silly
3) I was wearing Powerpuff Girls overalls, backwards hat, had my hair in pigtails, huge hoop earrings, 3 inch sparkly Skechers on, rainbow toe socks, Christmas bells wrapped around my ankles, and the "only if you were there deal" was my orange/yellow tie-dye-ish boxers underneath (it's an only if you were there thing, because when my name was called to go up, I made a running in entrance and let my overalls slip down and everone see my boxers on purpose, and it wasn't caught on video... thank God =P)
4) I threw confetti at the judges at the beginning of the song... the whole beginning of the routine missed out right before the confetti... and I scared the crap out of them because the confetti was in my hands.
5) And this placed about 5th.

I got tired, however at the end, because I was running around all day, so I didn't finish the way I wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHV6MJNghKE

This one is of my mom and I. It's not much of a freestyle, just a simple routine, because I needed a reason to go, and if I got my mom to do something, I was able to go. I just wanted to go to socialize. Hahaha.

I don't have any other videos of me online. A lot of them are so old, they're on freaking VHS. HAHAHA.... oh dear.

I was more of a freestyler/player that you had to be at the tournament to see. I didn't join as many tournaments as a lot of other people.

You can always check out my brother's FS vids on DDR Freak's video archive. He's usually under the name Pakwan/Pokgai/Pokgai Kenobi... I suggest checking out the videos on DDR Freak. They're good. =)

Here's one of his best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSx6l7T3xWk

Maybe in the future, I'll have more of my own. I'm too lazy. ;p But definitely check out other people's FS vids on DDR Freak.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu May 18, 2006 5:17 pm

Those videos were pretty awesome :-)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu May 18, 2006 5:41 pm

So, when you freestyle, do you usually work out a routine using the stepchart and rehearse it a lot, or just go there and play it by ear and go with what you feel? I'm talking for a tournament, not just casually.

-Dan

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Thu May 18, 2006 5:44 pm

dance1005 wrote:So, when you freestyle, do you usually work out a routine using the stepchart and rehearse it a lot, or just go there and play it by ear and go with what you feel? I'm talking for a tournament, not just casually.

-Dan
I never look at stepcharts... to me, that feels like looking up the secrets to an RPG on gamefaqs.com. If I decide to freestyle to a song, I should have known it well already by having played it 234798731092873109 times before. Hahahaha. I don't rehearse that much, and that's probably why it doesn't come out top placing... but most of my ideas come the night before the tournament. Like that STMB routine, that's when I decided what to wear and to throw confetti. =P

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Thu May 18, 2006 5:46 pm

Woohoo! Squeaky wheel gets the grease!!

Seriously, very cool videos. Even when you were 12, you had style! :P

Also, congratulations on getting your mom to play. That is a serious accomplishment. :shock:

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Lol, my dad plays. He can do some Standard. He does it mainly for exercise.

-Dan

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My freestyle vids? Oh...

Post by Ho » Fri May 19, 2006 4:21 pm

the gattchoon wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHV6MJNghKE

This one is of my mom and I. It's not much of a freestyle, just a simple routine, because I needed a reason to go, and if I got my mom to do something, I was able to go. I just wanted to go to socialize. Hahaha.
Awesome. I've never gotten either of my parents to play.

The video is kind of too dark to make out details though. Are you the taller one or the shorter one?

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Fri May 19, 2006 6:19 pm

I am the taller one, with shorter hair.

I know, we couldn't do much about the lighting since the tournaments that are held in CA (that I've been to, and I know many more) last all day, from before noon to midnight or past. PA usually comes first, and then FS... and there are usually so many contestants it carries on. Sometimes it even lasts two days (Friday-Saturday) and still carries on night. I miss 'em! =P

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri May 19, 2006 10:10 pm

We've had at least a couple tournaments around here that have gone on all day, into the night, and on into the wee hours of the next morning. They're great fun, but at a certain point you just get plain worn out.

On a side note, I really appreciated the last tournament that malictus ran where he staggered freestyle between rounds of PA. It really helped break things up and gave a better audience for each.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Fri May 19, 2006 10:34 pm

Ho wrote:We've had at least a couple tournaments around here that have gone on all day, into the night, and on into the wee hours of the next morning. They're great fun, but at a certain point you just get plain worn out.

On a side note, I really appreciated the last tournament that malictus ran where he staggered freestyle between rounds of PA. It really helped break things up and gave a better audience for each.
Yea, but they are definitely fun! =)

Sometimes there were exhibition freestyles between PA, but since there were always so many contestants, we definitely had to separate each competition since judges have to be gathered together for the FS part. I was a freestyle judge at one tournament, and I loved running around the first half of the day while the PA tournament went on. =P

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Fri May 19, 2006 10:47 pm

hahaha im in the left corner of that video filming against the wall!!! XD i knew i recognized your name from somewhere, i competed at that tournament doing a HORRIBLE boom boom dollar routine

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Fri May 19, 2006 11:01 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:hahaha im in the left corner of that video filming against the wall!!! XD i knew i recognized your name from somewhere, i competed at that tournament doing a HORRIBLE boom boom dollar routine
Which video, which tournament, which wall? =O!!!

Hahahaha. [Edit] You mean TournOrochi2k1, didn't you? Oh god... so you saw the real deal. _-_;;;

I felt retarded during PA at that tournament, because I lucked out when I progressed and ended up being put against EnoOn... who is kick-ass. But it was my choice to pick either the machine or the song. I picked the machine, whic was stupid, because my best song to PA on against another person was "Love This Feelin'" (yeah, that ridiculously off-beat/off-step old song) because nobody liked that song (maybe except me HAHA) so nobody really practiced it but me... and then I picked the machine which had one of EnoOn's best song on it. Me = idiot.

u_u;;;

Modesto, eh? Which arcade did you frequent? Damn, I miss CA. So, wait... are you just on IndyDDR forums or are you actually in Indiana? =P

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Fri May 19, 2006 11:24 pm

i'm in modesto, i just visit indiana once or so a year

i frequented modesto boomers, but i also went to svgl and stuff like that.

also if you look on the tournarochi vid you provided, i'm the guy in the back holding up something, it's a camcorder actually.

i had long hair back in the day and such, but not anymore :P

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Fri May 19, 2006 11:37 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:i'm in modesto, i just visit indiana once or so a year

i frequented modesto boomers, but i also went to svgl and stuff like that.

also if you look on the tournarochi vid you provided, i'm the guy in the back holding up something, it's a camcorder actually.

i had long hair back in the day and such, but not anymore :P
Ahh.. dear sviggle... I remember when DDR first came out in NorCal, I always frequented MGL with Cynan and we would call SVGL shady because it was so freakin' small, dark and crowded. Kinda. All I could do at SVGL was play DDR and run around in circles. =P

I don't think I ever went to Modesto... of all the arcades in NorCal that I frequented, they were MGL, SVGL, Malibu, Metreon, Santa Cruz, and then later Concord's SVM and the Antioch places like the Antioch mall and Golf N' Games... and I know I went to Hi-5 a few times... oh, the good ol' days. Hahaha.

Long hair... I did too, then cut it boy short, then grew it out again. I don't know what I like better. =P