Total DP:
164 646 / 166 832 (2 236)
http://ddrecall.com/user.php?mode=viewprofile&user=1277

Image Image Image

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:23 pm

Whoa...nearly 5 months dormant. I'm surprised I didn't have to fish this thread out of page 2.

Anyway, I didn't have time to play much April-June with Jesus Christ Superstar. Now that it's all done, I've gotten back into IIDX. I'm playing almost exclusively double and most of that has been full 14-key mode.

I've gotten to where I can actually pass some 7* songs in 14k mode--something that seemed like it would be all but impossible not so long ago. I think I might actually be better at L14/14K now than I am at L7/7K.

I set a goal for myself to crack the top 10 of the VJ Army Doubles DJ Point Ranking. That meant climbing around 10 slots (I think I was somewhere in the high teens or 20s at the beginning of the month). I finally made it tonight...
VJ Army Double DJ Point Ranking wrote:10 HO! 5530 47.31%
I'm only 2 DJP ahead of the former #10, and I've been leapfrogging with another user the past few days on my way there. I have a feeling I'll probably wake up tomorrow morning at #11. But that's ok...it'll give me an excuse to play some more (not that I really needed one).

Of course these doubles points add to my combined points as well, leaving me here:
VJ Army Combined DJ Point Ranking wrote:88 HO! 12050 46.12%
I've also snagged a few more AAAs along the way. My total AAA count now stands at 78.

I am pumped! (Yeah, I still like that game, too.)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:19 pm

Dang I didn't know you had more AAAs than me.
I wish I could play :(. My LCD screen is sooo laggy, and I'm horrible with Hidden on.
Still, I think 73 AAAs is pretty good for only having BMus...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:06 pm

danc1005 wrote:Dang I didn't know you had more AAAs than me.
I wish I could play :(. My LCD screen is sooo laggy, and I'm horrible with Hidden on.
Still, I think 73 AAAs is pretty good for only having BMus...
I read BMus as "bums". I guess that's not a wholly inappropriate misread.

You definitely have a "higher density" of AAAs than I do. You're also still stomping me in a DJ Battle. I haven't done a full-scale score raising run lately. I've mostly been trying to play/pass 7* 14K songs to move up the doubles ranking chart. Once I'm finished with that, perhaps I'll try to start raising some of my scores.

I think I'll set a goal for myself to reach 100 AAAs by the end of the year.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:17 pm

From what I've seen on your more recent work I can see you reaching 100 AAAs easily before October if you redid your oldest non AAAs.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:40 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Amp.

I finished attempting all 14k songs rated 7* (in VJA) and below tonight. It seems that I can pass most things 6* and below. When it comes to 7*, my clear rate is about 1/3.

This puts me at #9 in the doubles ranking chart. There's a big gap between me and #8...and most of the rest of the chart. The scores seem to get a lot further apart the further up the charts you go. Conversely, the same play moved me four slots on the combined chart to #84.

I think I'll shift back over to trying to raise scores now. I think I'd probably find the 8*+ songs more frustrating than fun.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:05 pm

Since I haven't gotten DistorteD yet, I've been raising scores per my last post. I'm working my way backward through L14 starting with Happy Sky. I just finished 10th Style.

Most of these scores are from last year when I was first starting to play doubles seriously and only had two US KOCs to work with. Needless to say, I've got better equipment and I've improved a lot since then. I'm pretty much raising nearly every score at least a grade level. I've picked up a few full combos and AAAs along the way, too. I'm now up to 95 AAAs.

CDAN2K, the guy I had been leapfrogging my way up the VJA doubles chart with, has surpassed me by a pretty good margin. Meanwhile, I've fallen back down to #10. Raising scores doesn't add DJ points as fast since I generally only get 1 or 2 for each song, but I should be able to catch up or at least make #8 by the time I'm finished replaying L14.

In other news...I actually played some DDR, too. I even entered some new scores in DDRecall. I'm still only an average player, but it seems that I'm generally halving my great counts on songs I played a year ago. Considering I've barely played any DDR in that time and have played a lot of Pump, I think it dispels the myth that Pump ruins your timing.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:48 am

AAA #100

Right Now 14K

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:51 pm

Ho wrote:AAA #100

Right Now 14K
Many props to ya man, espically given how fucking annoying that song is!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:32 pm

Aww...I likes that song. :(

I had actually gotten 98 and 99 sort of accidentally (I wasn't playing specifically to get them). So I made a decision between just letting #100 come or selecting a particular song to become it. I chose the latter. There are several that would have been good candidates. Many had already happened, many are beyond my ability, and still more just didn't pop into my head sooner.

Thanks, as always, for the encouragement.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:44 am

AAA #109 came with a little extra pat-myself-on-the-back bonus.

This is the first time that I've ever been at the top of any VJ Army score chart.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:00 pm

You've got doubles vision.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Ho wrote:AAA #109 came with a little extra pat-myself-on-the-back bonus.

This is the first time that I've ever been at the top of any VJ Army score chart.
Operation 14 launched!!!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: Ho's Humility Thread

Post by MonMotha » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Alright, I'll bump it. You said you wanted to play more PIU.

I challenge you to full combo Go [NM] without the aid of the bar (which I wouldn't expect you to use anyway).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ho's Humility Thread

Post by Ho » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:55 am

MonMotha wrote:Alright, I'll bump it. You said you wanted to play more PIU.
Wait...I did?

I think I said I probably should play more since I'm turning into a fatty. :P

Anyway, I accept your challenge. I may break myself trying to complete it, but I accept it.

(And whoa...mega bump!)