JEFF 300

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:50 pm

dance1005 wrote:j00 fail at life.

Just kidding lol. Good job on being able to pass 9-footers, you should try D-Code Expert, then you can say you passed a 10. If you can, you should try to play some didder, too. It's more friendly towards the n00bier among us.
Tried it tonight with the intention of solely passing....failed on the LAST STEP.

Owned.

Wasn't a very brag-worthy score anyways...failed with about 59% or something. Next time!
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
dance1005 wrote:j00 fail at life.

Just kidding lol. Good job on being able to pass 9-footers, you should try D-Code Expert, then you can say you passed a 10. If you can, you should try to play some didder, too. It's more friendly towards the n00bier among us.
Tried it tonight with the intention of solely passing....failed on the LAST STEP.

Owned.

Wasn't a very brag-worthy score anyways...failed with about 59% or something. Next time!
You definitely could pass it though. It's a pretty simple song really. (unless you have trouble with the 24ths)
You could get it a 2nd time no doubt. It takes a first try to learn the beats. :)
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:57 pm

Yes! Passed Expert D-Code last night, already satisfied with how I'm improving!

Normally, I would have a screenshot, but I didn't really use my flashdrive last night; for some reason it kept making the machine freeze...>_>

It wasn't a really great score either...somewhere in the 60% range. I just really wanted to get to the end, anyways. ^_^ The scoring goals will come later.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:54 pm

Good job!

Next in line: Wanna Do, and possibly My Favourite Game and Hand of Time.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:55 pm

I finally have some videos up! I'm kinda proud of them, too. They're nothing "comparable" to everyone else on the site; I haven't been playing as long.

However, I feel I'm making some great progress and wanted to archive it.

Notes:
-I could have Full Combo'd "Da Roots", but I dropped an arrow early trying to act an Irish Folk Jig.

-That "DDR Suicide" is just a song I couldn't possibly pass right now, just to have fun.

-Yes, I know I call ITG "DDR", but no one else from New Palestine knows what ITG is.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:06 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:I finally have some videos up! I'm kinda proud of them, too. They're nothing "comparable" to everyone else on the site; I haven't been playing as long.

However, I feel I'm making some great progress and wanted to archive it.

Notes:
-I could have Full Combo'd "Da Roots", but I dropped an arrow early trying to act an Irish Folk Jig.

-That "DDR Suicide" is just a song I couldn't possibly pass right now, just to have fun.

-Yes, I know I call ITG "DDR", but no one else from New Palestine knows what ITG is.
Haha, nice comments...but you seem to have forgotten to post the LINK.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:18 pm

What do Zelda and I have in common?

...a missing Link.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jeff71190

>_> *Sigh*

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:53 pm

So, I'm still nowhere near being the next AllusiveGold, but I have been improving...from whatever crappy skill level I was to whatever less-crappy skill level I am at now.

I did get the chance for some ItG today...the first time in about 2 months, really.

My first big improvement: D-Code!
It went up around 11% since the last time I passed it...10% may seem like a lot, but when you're at 60%...you can improve. Nevertheless, I did.

Also my first time playing Infection, didn't do so badly.

Any comments/criticism/support? Even a "keep at it, you'll get there someday" would make me feel very good.

Thanks for reading.

zomg its joorz
Standard
Standard

Post by zomg its joorz » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:12 am

haha, dang I remember when I down to only playing on hard.. and.. was out of breath after a set.

keep working at it! But honestly, something you should work on first is your FA (not saying it's bad or anything) But because I messed up and when I started out I was so bent on just passing songs... I didn't care what I got for scores. Now I'm regretting it.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:19 am

well Jeff keep at it...you will get better....I have no say for ITG since I suck at any 4 panel dance game.....but hell playing next to cbav is like...well this.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:53 am

zomg its joorz wrote:haha, dang I remember when I down to only playing on hard.. and.. was out of breath after a set.

keep working at it! But honestly, something you should work on first is your FA (not saying it's bad or anything) But because I messed up and when I started out I was so bent on just passing songs... I didn't care what I got for scores. Now I'm regretting it.
But then again, don't become like me, where I can beat most people around or better than me FA-wise, but can't pass nearly as many hard songs.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:51 pm

dance1005 wrote: But then again, don't become like me, where I can beat most people around or better than me FA-wise, but can't pass nearly as many hard songs.
Haha so true.
Magic Door:
Me- 43 greats
Dan- 5 greats.
I got owned. haha

Yeah Jeff. Keep it up man. You've gotten a LOT better. When you get your internet upgrade you'll have to download Stepmania. it helps a lot with reading arrows.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:37 pm

Lol, but downloading gigs and gigs of stepfiles still won't be fun even at 512kbps.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:38 pm

dance1005 wrote:Lol, but downloading gigs and gigs of stepfiles still won't be fun even at 512kbps.
Wouldn't a 10 MB file be just 20 seconds? If I don't have time for that, then damn. I just got Tivo today, so I have that commercial skip feature...hopefully I'm not THAT spoiled.

Pop-Tarts only advises microwaving for 3 seconds...as does the classic YTMND...

http://threesecondsmores.ytmnd.com

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:57 am

No, it wouldn't be. You see, your BANDWIDTH is going to be 512. Which means that the HIGHEST you will EVER GET is 512. First of all, a lot of it is going to be constantly being used by random things running and communicating with the internet. Secondly, almost NO site on the internet is going to let you download at 500kbps. So, I'm guessing about the max you'll get on most files is around 20-30 kbps. Every once in a while you'll get some kick-ass download site or get really lucky and might even see triple-digits. But mostly, it'll be around 20-30.