Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:08 am

Hey good job, esp. on the Nightmares!

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:16 pm

So yeah... that was random.

I'm not feeling 100% today since I was up until 5am this morning doing homework, but I went and played a little PIU anyway.

Beat of the War 2 CZ (17) - A with 56 misses (mostly in the beginning). Completely sight-read to boot. However, it was on the first stage, so... yeah, couple of times it should've been game over. *frownie face*

I Will Give You All My Love CZ (15) - B. Forget the distribution... sucked anyway. Passed on first stage again.

Love is a Danger Zone 2 HD (15) - C. Could've probably done better if I hadn't felt pooped. That, and I suck at twists.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:21 pm

Some post-tourney practice today. Managed to accomplish some neat stuff for myself:

S - Empire of the Sun CZ (2 greats, 2 bads)
A - Hi-Bi CZ. Stage Break... Off? On? It wasn't on the first song. 23 misses.
B - Witch Doctor CZ. First song. ~55 misses

I had some other random scores I liked that I can't remember right now too. I just particularly liked Hi-Bi since I hadn't done that before with stage break... off? on? Confuzzled.

I also played some songs on Freestyle in attempt to help my Nightmare ability (which is currently limited to... One Love NM, Up Up NM, U NM, uhh... 10 or below NMs basically). Up to 7's I'm okay. I still have some problems with dual pad combos (some parts of Dr. M FS and the end of Csikospost FS come to mind) and getting my feet to do hit the correct arrows on dual pad jumps (random fits of forgetfulness), but I'm getting better. Then there're the 8's, some of which seem to have a batfucking insane jump in difficulty compared to a 7 (y helo thar Beat Oven's Virus FS). Any recommendations on songs to practice to get better at 1) pad transfers, 2) dual pad jumps, and 3) dual pad combinations would be nice. I'd also kinda like to know what some of the half-double (or mostly half-double) charts are. The only one I know is Mexi Mexi NM Another and that is not helping me learn by eating a $1.00 credit on the first song.

Oh and... best score of all today... no joke...

Ultimate Super F-- - That one 110bpm Crash song on CZ that's an 18. Why didn't anyone mention its steps being so pooptastic? *fumes at goofy runs with frequent jumps tossed in.*

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Pumpy update.

I'm not in as good as shape as I was back in March (waaaaaay too much downtime), but I've been getting back into playing Pump. Unlike so many months ago when I could barely pass One Love NM, I've suddenly gotten adequate at doing some trickier 8s on FS and a handful of easy NMs. I say some 8s on FS because something like IGYAML FS is pretty damn easy compared to Moonlight FS or (even better) Beethoven Virus FS.

As for NM, I've got a couple 12s under my belt now, like Rolling Christmas and Come to Me (K-Pop one), along with a number of ones that are easier than 12. I'm starting to understand transferring from one side to another much better and so forth, but half-double crap still plagues me (Mexi Mexi NM and parts of Beethoven Virus FS, for instance).

And single play stuffs... I'm probably worse than I was in March considering my stamina has plummitted. I can still beat the same songs I could back then, but not as easily. For instance, Mr. Firefighter CZ used to not be too terrible, but now I can't pass it if it's not my first song. *grumbles*

I find myself having trouble with scaling combos, like 175939571. Yeah, it's simple enough to do when practicing, but in mid-song, I just... I dunno. Silly Power of Dreams CZ.

Anyway, here we go. Recent crappy accomplishments that I can remember:

Com'back CZ: A, but first stage. I'd pass it fine if the end weren't that long.
Footprints CZ: S (forget distribution, but I love this song for some odd reason)
Dr. M CZ: S (21 greats, 3 goods)
Jump CZ: S (FPC)
What's Going On? CZ: S (FPC) (I have probably done this before, but whatev)
Moonlight FS: A, but first stage
K-Hiphop Remix (#16, I think): A, but almost an S. Funked up somewhere toward the end.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:25 pm

very nice man. pump 4 life!!
Team KIMO represent!

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Played some more today.

Typhoon CZ - S (3 greats)
Footprints CZ - S (13 greats, 1 good, 1 bad)
Shake That Bootie CZ - A (forget distro, but for some reason I recall struggling with this song and never passing it before)
Deux Remix CZ - A (this is a 15 why?)

I also messed around with a couple of songs on Another. Mostly failing, really. Solitary CZ Another I saw a video of and thought "Heeeey, that doesn't look that bad." Wrong-o. Utter failure. I also saw that there was LIADZ 2 HD Another. So I think to myself, "Heeeey, that's just on hard! It can't be that bad." Wrong-o again. It's like a second Another CZ for the damn song, but the audio and chart is basically just the drums. It really wasn't too terrible at first, kinda fun actually... but then surprise three arrow holds and tricky combos in the mid and end ruin that for me and I fail.

The only Another song I passed, and coincidentally S'ed, is My Friend FS Another. How sad.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:51 pm

I still suck at DDR.

New Supernova AA's (that I can remember)...

Centerfold - 5g
Golden Sky - 3g
Jerk It Out - 10g
Curus - 10g
Moon - 15g, 1good
Ska Ska No.3 - 13g, 1miss
Tomorrow Perfume - 2g
Jam & Marmalade - 4g
Flowers - ~15g
Kagerow (Dragonfly) - 19g
The Shining Polaris - 3~6g, can't recall
Funk Boogie - ~3g

Da Capo
Mr. Dabada
Wookie Wookie
Toxic (I think... maybe not)
Happy Angel
Mugen
Chikara
Tierra Buena
A Stupid Barber
Freedom
Stars
Doll (H)
Monkey Punk
Polovtsian Dance & Chorus

Those last ones are AAs, but I can't remember my scores on them. There are probably a couple AAs I've forgotten. Some of those should be changed into AAA's whenever I stop sucking (Funk Boogie and The Shining Polaris in particular).

I also beat the Extra Stage, but on Medium, so it was just Healing-D-Vision. I got all of 3 steps into the OMES, Chaos. Wee. Also got to play Fascination Maxx on the Double Extra Stage. Major suckage there as well.

There are some damn offsync songs in this current version, but I haven't had the misfortune of running into many of them. Here're a couple really bad offenders...

I'll Make Love To You (it might just be a terrible song for DDR, I dunno)
Inside Your Heart
You're Not Here
Your Rain
Sync (har har)
Holic
Candy Star

I've probably played some others that are off, but those really irk me. Mainly those last three since I can AAA them on Extreme but not even get close to AA'ing them on Supernova. Weirdness.

And I don't like Chikara Heavy Double. It made me lose $2.00. =/
Last edited by Secef on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:36 am

Keep up the good work! It's so awesome being able to watch you play!!!

*insert AAA* You deserve one! Go get it!

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:23 pm

Some more Supernova stuff...

Wookie Wookie - 2g
Golden Sky - 1g, 1wtfwhydidthathappenmiss
Centerfold - 2g

New AAs

Love at First Sight (~97% according to score)
AA (29g, I think... 96% or so)
murmur twins (barely 95%, not sure how since it's so off)
Red Zone
Seduction (Vocal Mix)
Knock Out Regrets (H) (I think)

That's about it. I particularly like my Wookie Wookie score since I went from struggling to AA to that in the span of a day or two. Hooray for figuring tricks out!

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:22 pm

Golden Sky, Centerfold, Tomorrow Perfume, and Funk Boogie are aggravating. I'll AAA you yet, bastards. Got OMES again through HDV. Despite playing Chaos on Stepmania a lot, I still only got the first 3 steps. >_< Anyway, other stuff...

Love at First Sight - 8g
Toxic - 23g
Seduction (Vocal) - 14g
Orion 78 Civ Mix - 21g, 1boo

New AAs

Star Gate Heaven - 25g, 1good
Flow - 28g, 1miss
Love is Orange (H) - 14g
Under the Sky - 3g
Maximizer - x-18-5-1-0 (16ths at 190bpm at beginning = noncombos :cry: )

Also, since I've figured out Wookie Wookie, the Supernova oni course easily fell today.

Supernova - 1524-533-199-2-0-0, 86.5% ; One good came toward the end of Toxic, the other near the end of the last song, Flowers.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:14 pm

Kyrer, why haven't you played SuperNOVA with me lately? Katy sad =( lawlz

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:58 pm

blackcat24 wrote:Kyrer, why haven't you played SuperNOVA with me lately? Katy sad =( lawlz
School + jobbie = little time for DDR = sadness. =(

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:41 pm

Secef wrote:
blackcat24 wrote:Kyrer, why haven't you played SuperNOVA with me lately? Katy sad =( lawlz
School + jobbie = little time for DDR = sadness. =(
=Katy cry now :cry:

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:30 pm

So I played a little more this week. I've been playing at least one game of doubles a session, and I can say with some authority that Flowers's Heavy Double chart is pure fun on a bun. Haven't AA'd it (93.x% is my high I think) but it doesn't matter. It's just that FUN! :o

Under the Sky - AAA (first SN AAA, yay)
Tomorrow Perfume - 1g (twice, even)
Moon - 2g
Golden Sky - 2g (stupid Butterfly III wannabe song)
Funk Boogie - 2g
Jam & Marmalade - 3g
Flowers - 4g
A Stupid Barber - 4 or 5, can't recall
Gekkou Chou - 18g

Random AAs

Doll (C)
Quickening
Dragon Blade
Un Deux Trois (Double)

I also failed Doll (C) Double pretty hardcore, but it seems fun enough. Maybe if I hadn't played it at the end of the day I would have passed it.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:19 pm

Got to play Supernova for an hour today.

Love is Orange (H) - 2g
un deux trois - 3g (2 of which right after that stop >_<)
Curus - 6g
Stars - 9g
Your Rain - 10g
Baby's Tears - 12g
Knock Out Regrets (C) - 32g

An odd thing happened today... I played un deux trois (an easily AA'able song) and I swear that I heard the song itself skip at some point after the slowdown and speedup. During the last 15-20 seconds or whatever of the song was left, it was Great city. I was rushing like mad and I didn't even come close to AA'ing it thanks to that (score was like 91.x). I try it again later to make sure that was a goof and I get 3 greats (99.x score for reference), which sounds more like it. Very peculiar.