The official "I still post ITG scores" brag thread

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: The official "I still post ITG scores" brag thread

Post by MonMotha » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:22 am

1st place general (male) speed at WPF typically takes mid-4 to low-5 figures home (less taxes), so there's some serious money to be made. The prizes for freestyle and female speed are generous, too. Of course, you have to be the best player in the world to win that. 4th place is typically still several hundred. I believe US players have cashed in WPF in the past, but they are not typically 1st (that's usually Mexico or Korea). Jason was one of the US reps to WPF in IIRC 2006, but he did not win (I don't remember if he cashed or not).

Most US speed tourneys are essentially for gits and shiggles. They're usually $5-20 entry, and there's generally no more than 20-50 participants, so that really limits the payout. Generally, one can tell who's going to win based on who shows up, anyway; there might be a couple players who will actually make a run for 1st. The events are mostly about meeting people and having a good time. Freestyle is also quite popular.

I'm also not convinced that ITG is really any more popular than PIU in the USA. The supporters are generally rather vocal, but they seem fairly limited in number. Outside the USA, ITG is essentially unknown. It's all DDR and PIU.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:44 am

Merk wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:How about $2,501?
Are you taking the over or under?

I'll take the under. Based on Dave's post there's no way Dread has made any fucking real money playing Pump, he's probably made $2,500 at most give or take a hundo. Jason is good but he's been beat a few times, given that the much more popular game has had a $650 prize at its peak, there's no way Jason has gotten anything out of this game other than a good workout and a talking point when he's laying the mack for the splack.
How about $500.01? I'd take the over on that.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Keep in mind for ITG the cash prizes come solely from entrance fees. I imagine that Andamiro sponsors some of the tournaments in the US, thusly making their pots bigger.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:27 pm

I don't think Andamiro does much in term of cash sponsorship in the US, but they do give out prizes now and then to be given to winners. USPF may have had cash sponsorship when it was a real thing. Most US PIU tournaments are only funded by their entrance fees, and the payouts are correspondingly small. A 1st place prize over $100 is pretty rare. You'll be lucky to cover your travel expenses. Most tournaments are also at largest regional usually pulling only from about 4-6 states. PIU tournament activity seems to have died down, too, at least around here.

WPF is certainly sponsored, though. It's essentially a giant marketing event. There's effectively no entry fees, and they even pay for travel for the contestants. If your goal is to make money playing Pump It Up (why?), you basically compete in WPF, and you'd better be damned good.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Passed HOLDERS OF POWER and WHERE DRAGONS ROOOOOOL no bar

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:39 pm

So Fort Rapids 6 was bigger than last year, and first place got $700. This year's results were interesting because Aoreo was the reigning champ and KevBo didn't even make Final Four last year.

FR6 Results
1) Little Matt
2) Rynker
3) KevBo
4) Aoreo