Post by DAVE101 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Requesting vid of squat form

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Re: UGHHHHH

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:28 am

DAVE101 wrote:Requesting vid of squat form
You just wanna see me sticking my butt out.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:42 am

so I take it you won't do it

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:22 pm

DAVE101 wrote:so I take it you won't do it
Next leg day I can.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Deadlifts: 2 warmup sets, 2x8 @ 255lbs, 2x5 @ 335lbs
Pendlay rows: 1x12 @ 65lbs, 2x10 @ 85lbs, 1x8 @ 95lbs
Good mornings: 2x10 @ 115lbs, 1x8 @ 135lbs
Wide-grip pullups: 3x5 BW+25lbs where I'd do a 4-5sec lower, unhook the weighted belt and go to failure with BW.
Close grip pullups: 2x8
Wide-grip pulldowns: 2x10 @ 140lbs, really focusing on retracting scapula and stretching my lats. Bonus of proper motion is less delt strain so I don't scream in pain!

A few deltoid exercises with very little weight. I'm trying to rehab an impingement/tendon strain in my left shoulder so I can't do much on chest days. I've started incorporating lightweight shoulder work into most training days just to get circulation and stretching on that area.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5xO5mDnUbQ

There's squat form as requested from about a year ago, lol. I recorded a warm up set for this thread but never got around to posting it. It's hard to tell proper knee/foot pathing since there's not a rear view as well but you can tell I don't fucking quarter squat like a pussy. I walk the bar back way too far from the rack but considering it's only 215 it's not a big deal. I had to readjust chest/shoulder tightness after 2nd rep so I probably should have reracked for that. Again, warmup set. I've been working on my hip flexors to make sure I'm able to keep form coming up from the pocket as well.

So a few months ago I was trying out a lift called belt squats (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SliuV24IqyU) and using my gym's weight belt. It was great for working on the low explosive part of a squat with a sore back since you weren't loading your spine at all. I did it for a couple sessions and wanted to go up in weight. It's not really made for 3 plates but I started putting 3 on anyways. I ended up rigging the belt with 155lbs (3 45s, 2 10s) and it was astronomically uncomfortable, not because of the weight distribution but because of the short chain, width of the loaded plates and comfortable squatting stance (aka huge ass rubber coated iron plates mere centimeters from pinching my nuts off). I was able to widen my stance but after a few reps I got this really bad pulling feeling on my groin. It felt like something was popping out of my inguinal canal. Finished the lift, racked the weights and it felt fine from there. I haven't touched the belted squats since and my normal squats and deadlifts have felt fine except for my chronic rotator cuff injury (which is on the mend, yay).

Over the last few weeks that inguinal area has been asymmetrically puffy when I've been standing for awhile and I can feel a mass when I press on it. Not one to take groin swelling lightly (lol sex jokes inc), I have an appointment with my physician on Wednesday. It's more than likely a hernia and I'll need some quick surgery to take care of it. I honestly don't know how long hernia repair will put me out of lifting but I haven't touched a barbell since last week cause I'm scared shitless of the thing (despite no real pain while lifting). The thing disappears when I lay down so it lends even more credence to the hernia theory.

ANYWAYS, when/if I have surgery and I'm ready to get back to full capacity, I'll be starting a round of Madcows. It's hard to say if I'll be able to complete those numbers considering I won't have trained for a few weeks but the programming below is based on my current 5RMs of those lifts.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Has your anus ever inverted

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Riot wrote:Has your anus ever inverted
lolrectalprolapse.

No, it hasn't. It seems like it would hurt a lot though.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:35 pm

UGHHHHH

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Oh yeah, I had laproscopic surgery to repair a bilaterial inguinal hernia and umbilical hernia back in March. There be mesh in me groin, yarrrr.

I'm back up to deadlifting 2x body weight and squatting 265 for reps. I didn't do that spreadsheet I posted earlier but I did a couple months of 5x5s to slowly progress back into heavier weights.

I'm playing around with olympic lifts as well. My snatch is awful (swing the weight out) but my clean and jerk is pretty solid. I need some Olympic shoes though.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat May 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Time to get rid of the winter beer fat and get them summer honeys. Studying all hours of the day, commuting and working weekends means there's literally zero motivation to go to the gym but I'll friggin' do it.

Fewer IPAs, more squats.

Also, I haven't gained weight, I just got some fat around the stomach.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat May 04, 2013 10:10 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Time to get rid of the winter beer fat and get them summer honeys. Studying all hours of the day, commuting and working weekends means there's literally zero motivation to go to the gym but I'll friggin' do it.

Fewer IPAs, more squats.

How do you make money with said lifestyle?

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:34 pm

Oh snap where did you get a Madcow spreadsheet that automatically rounds? Also how is your press so close to your bench numbers?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon May 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:Time to get rid of the winter beer fat and get them summer honeys. Studying all hours of the day, commuting and working weekends means there's literally zero motivation to go to the gym but I'll friggin' do it.

Fewer IPAs, more squats.

How do you make money with said lifestyle?
13 hour shifts, savings from getting the majority of my undergrad covered with scholarships and working/being an RA. I'm also living with my parents until I can work full time again or move for med school.

i was living completely independently right now I would need student loans.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:56 pm

DAVE101 wrote:Oh snap where did you get a Madcow spreadsheet that automatically rounds? Also how is your press so close to your bench numbers?
Just got the Madcow's off Stronglifts. I think the cells are set to round decimals. It should be an easy formatting fix on the user end either way. The press shouldn't have been that high.

Back into doing a shit ton of compound programming every week. My squat is coming back but my hamstrings want to murder me.

Feels good.