Twinbee (Generation X) - Heavy
164 Perfects
74 Greats
2 Good
2 Boo

TRIP MACHINE - Heavy
157 Perfects
71 Greats
2 Miss (Going to say that this is a pad miss, the up arrow's sensors are dying. :( )

Fuck you, Merk!

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Babby's "Brag" Thread

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:41 am

lol
Yeah Merk.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Looks like you're hitting most of the notes, just need to work on timing. I'm guessing you're doing what a lot of us did when first moving into heavy: freaking out a little bit and reacting to the arrows as they come as fast as you can. Very natural as you get better to try to rush notes because they're coming at you pretty fast. Try to slow down and internalize the beat as best you can; like I said, I'm going to GUESS you're ahead of the beat and rushing it just a bit, so try to train yourself to slow down. Stomp a little bit and hear the hits of your shoes and try to keep the beat at a steady pace.

Good progress though!

Reflectivity
Standard
Standard

Post by Reflectivity » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:09 am

I am a bit early. x)

I've been attempting to work on slowing down, but it's more of a thought in the back of my mind rather than something I particularly focus on. I'll keep that in mind for my next visit. ^^

Internalizing the beat is something I'll have to work on as well. Right now I just kind of look at the arrows and then step. Not much else too it. I was starting to think that perhaps I should be doing something related to the music. >.<

In other babby dancing game news, I got to try Pump It Up on Saturday. The transition from 4 to 5 arrows was surprisingly hard and I fell off of the stage 3 times in the course of half an hour. Luckily I didn't seriously injure myself. >_>
Score wise, I think I got up to the second difficulty on Pump It Up DX (That's what the cabinet said it was. Not sure if it was really that.). I don't remember the songs too well, unfortunately.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:08 am

You're learning patterns, and that's one of the hardest things in the beginning. Keep it up.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 am

<3 Pump. I think the patterns and overall motion of the game are more fun than DDR once you get used to it. That's assuming you're coming from DDR as you are (and I was).

DX is the style of cabinet. It had a 50" rear projection screen, but I'm going to guess yours has a replacement monitor of some sort as most of those 50" screens died a while ago. If it is still the original screen...wow. It's hard to say what version you were playing as I think you can still get upgrade kits for DX cabinets all the way up to the current release (Fiesta 2). Maybe take a picture the next time you go. :)

Reflectivity
Standard
Standard

Post by Reflectivity » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Ho wrote:<3 Pump. I think the patterns and overall motion of the game are more fun than DDR once you get used to it. That's assuming you're coming from DDR as you are (and I was).
I love Pump as well. It's an awesome game, although I won't get very many chances to play it so I don't expect to get good at it. ^^;
Further investigation would lead me to believe that it is a PREX 3.

The machine I love to hate is on it's way out, though. The company that owns the machine doesn't know anything about it, so they can't really repair it. Which means they're getting rid of it.
It was fun while it lasted, I guess. If you played the machine, though, it was just getting worse and worse every time I played to the point where in a couple more visits I probably would have broke it. >_>
The management said they'd try to get a new one, but I severely doubt that they will.

Anyways, score wise:

20, november - Heavy
63 Greats

I was really happy about this score. It's probably the only good thing that happened this visit.

A - Heavy
111 Greats
2 Miss (pad misses)

spin the disc - Heavy
89 Greats (it's an improvement I guess)

321STARS - Heavy
72 Greats
2 Good

I have one last visit before they take the machine out. I've learned that I like really fast streamy stuff, any suggestions?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:59 pm

You could try Holic, Kind Lady (not necessarily streamy but a great song), I Do I Do I Do, Last Message, Senorita (Speedy Mix) - though this one might be a little too fast, or Mr. T (Take me Higher).