Whiteland Rascals Fun Zone

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Rascals Fun Zone
Beginner
Beginner

Whiteland Rascals Fun Zone

Post by Rascals Fun Zone » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:58 pm

Just thought I would let everyone know about the X-box zone. We have 12 linked X-box stations hooked up with a 27" screen on each one. The list of games we have are NFSU2, Halo 2, Madden 05, PGR 2, Crimson Skies, Amped, Top Spin, and NCAA Football 05. This is just a start and we will be adding more. We are going to be hosting Halo 2 tournaments and possibly putting together a league format. I think I might put a signup board back there for those that are interested(possibly 4 person teams with practices during the week and games on weekend then final tournament with prizes). The price for the x-box zone is $5 for 1 hour or $10 for 3 hours. It is starting to get popular and is alot of fun with big groups. If you guys have any questions stop by and talk to me I am there all the time.

Our hours by the way are
Mon-Thurs 3-8
Friday 3-10
Sat 10-10
Sun 12-9

Rob
Whiteland- located 6 miles south of Greenwood Mall on U.S. 31
Indianapolis- located on East Washington street next to Movies 8 across from the mall

JB
Light
Light

Sounds really cool

Post by JB » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:43 pm

I will have to stop in sometime to check it out

Hoody2006
Standard
Standard

Post by Hoody2006 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:04 am

what are some other titles you might be adding
if it doesnt matter who wins or loses then why do they keep score
-Vince Lombardi-

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:15 am

viewtopic.php?p=2364#2364

read and stfu rob. Before you go around slandering a buisness, get your facts.

subhuman
Light
Light

Post by subhuman » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:40 am

Just out of curiosity, when we opened our online gaming area we were told by Microsoft that we could not charge for use of equipment or the games as they are licensed for private, noncommercial use and commercial licenses were available for purchase. So we charged for the online access available on each system. Since we won't be trying that again, tell me. Are you doing the same or did you find a loophole? I just always appreciate seeing small business stick it to the corporate giants.

Steve

Rascals Fun Zone
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Rascals Fun Zone » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:57 am

I replied in the other topic about Microsoft. So are you full time there? I take care of everything except monitors right now at both of our locations. We do have alot of the same games so it wouldn't hurt to have someone else to chat with about problems. Alot of these games have the same problems on every one produced (maximum tune for example lol). If you might be interested email me and I could give you my phone number. It would be cool to help each other out.

To anyone that came out yesterday and was upset with how busy we were I am sorry. We were holding a fundraiser for a little girl who needed a kidney transplant and donated half the money we raised from selling Super Saterdays to her family. It was a extreme success but it was almost impossible to walk across the gameroom.

FYI Kyle cleaned out the pads yesterday as well and said they were working alot better when he played it.

If you guys ever have any problems with the game please let me know and it will get taken care of.
Whiteland- located 6 miles south of Greenwood Mall on U.S. 31
Indianapolis- located on East Washington street next to Movies 8 across from the mall

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:43 am

CaseyDidder wrote:viewtopic.php?p=2364#2364

Casey, seriously, shut the hell up and stop feeling like you have to protect your almighty righteous Gameworks. Each arcade has their ups and downs. Gameworks is insanely crowded, as to Whiteland is not. Gameworks has a variety of cool games, where Whiteland does not. So everytime that Rob posts something, I hope you'd not act like a 12 year old and hold a stupid grudge and post some stupid comment.

I'd much rather go to Whiteland because it's cheaper, about the same distance from my house, and the employees there are freaking awesome (Kyle, Rob, and others). You can actually carry on a conversation with them and you know they'll listen to you if you have a problem with the way things are there. Whiteland is closer to the 'home town arcade' atmosphere than anything, and that's what I really like about it.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

JB
Light
Light

Charging issues

Post by JB » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:02 am

The good news is that you don't and won't directly profit from the game intellectual property. Honestly this isn't the real reason anyone would come out for the sole purpose of playing the XBOX at your arcade. 100% of your patrons have or have access to the game system.

Your arcade profits from its ability to handle groups of people and the community it provides.

Rascals Fun Zone
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Rascals Fun Zone » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:20 pm

Exactly. The reason people like our X-box zone is it is a great place for them to meet up with all their friends and play, not having to carry a bunch of tv's and x-box's to a friends house is alot more practical and well worth the little money it costs. There is also the fact there is alot more to do then just that and we also sell food and drinks. Only a few people that have played don't have the system and it might not be as fun for them because it is hard for them to use the controller.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:50 pm

Ryan Dognaux wrote:
CaseyDidder wrote:viewtopic.php?p=2364#2364

Casey, seriously, shut the hell up and stop feeling like you have to protect your almighty righteous Gameworks. Each arcade has their ups and downs. Gameworks is insanely crowded, as to Whiteland is not. Gameworks has a variety of cool games, where Whiteland does not. So everytime that Rob posts something, I hope you'd not act like a 12 year old and hold a stupid grudge and post some stupid comment.

I'd much rather go to Whiteland because it's cheaper, about the same distance from my house, and the employees there are freaking awesome (Kyle, Rob, and others). You can actually carry on a conversation with them and you know they'll listen to you if you have a problem with the way things are there. Whiteland is closer to the 'home town arcade' atmosphere than anything, and that's what I really like about it.
this coming from somebody who never goes to gameworks, your opinion is void.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:42 pm

no offense Casey, i go to both places, and if i'm just going for DDR i'll go to Whiteland. I go up to Gameworks for people I havn't seen and Initial D, not for the DDR. Whiteland is cheaper with a better machine for ddr, that's really all I have to say about that.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:06 am

CgSquall wrote:no offense Casey, i go to both places, and if i'm just going for DDR i'll go to Whiteland. I go up to Gameworks for people I havn't seen and Initial D, not for the DDR. Whiteland is cheaper with a better machine for ddr, that's really all I have to say about that.
you also live next door to whiteland :P

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:53 am

Casey, please, just chill. Both places are great to play DDR at.

There's not need for heated discussions here...be cool 8)

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:20 am

CaseyDidder wrote:this coming from somebody who never goes to gameworks, your opinion is void.
Just because I don't go to Gameworks regularly doesn't mean I haven't been there quite a few times. I avoid Ten Buck Tuesday like the plauge.

I mean, obviously, since you don't see me there, it must mean I never go. Never ever. Am I Rite?
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

subhuman
Light
Light

Post by subhuman » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:55 pm

Rascals Fun Zone wrote: So are you full time there? I take care of everything except monitors right now at both of our locations. We do have alot of the same games so it wouldn't hurt to have someone else to chat with about problems. Alot of these games have the same problems on every one produced (maximum tune for example lol). If you might be interested email me and I could give you my phone number. It would be cool to help each other out.
Yep, full time for almost 3 years. I'm interested but, you will have to email me as I didn't see yours listed.

Steve