LazerLite 4th Mix Plus

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:16 pm

O 16581 72452 5 wrote:I'm curious as to why both of the machines at Lazerlite have only left channel sound.
Actually, it's only right channel sound. Both left and right speakers play sound, but only the right channel is heard. If you unplug the left channel the audio doesn't change, but if unplug the right channel (after replacing the left) all sound is lost. This doesn't make a whole lot of difference most of the time. However, some songs that pan sounds or effects fully over to the left channel will sound a bit strange. For example, the scratch effects in Super Star are inaudible.

I connected an audio source directly to the amplifier in the cabinet and got the same result. So it seems that it's not a problem with the system unit. I'm guessing it's a problem either with the amplifier unit or the wiring of the speakers. The fact that they're both doing this is a pretty strange coincidence. I did check the 4th Plus amplifier for anything obvious, but I didn't see anything.

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:16 am

Yo,

You're right, sorry.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:17 am

O 16581 72452 5 wrote:Yo,

You're right, sorry.
No worries. I wasn't trying to prove you wrong. It's just that since you brought it up I decided to go ahead and provide all the details I was able to gather to see if anyone else had any ideas as to what might be causing such behavior. Whether it's the left or the right channel that's working or broken isn't particularly more or less relevant to the general malfunction we're trying to diagnose.

UmmeiGenkai
Standard
Standard

Post by UmmeiGenkai » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:06 pm

just wanted to say thanks for fixing that.

XenophonicScream
Light
Light

Post by XenophonicScream » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:26 pm

Its broken again ;___;

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:30 pm

Oh hells bells...what's it doing (or not doing) now?

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:12 pm

Yeah, it's definitely down again :(

The employees who were there Friday didn't know what had happened. I wonder if someone pulled the plug again...

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:04 pm

That shouldn't cause problems anymore, assuming the new cd drive actually works. It booted straight off the bat for us with no problems once we replaced the CD drive.

What error is it giving? Or is it just in an infinite reboot loop?
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

XenophonicScream
Light
Light

Post by XenophonicScream » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:15 pm

I don't know...it just won't boot up at all...has the "out of order" sign back up. I don't know how long its been out though x___x I was there when you fixed it so yeah...I have no clue x____x if I go in again this week I can ask them if they know what's wrong.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:13 pm

Given the general condition of the machine, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if something else has failed. I saw a few "red flags" while I was in there of things that might cause some trouble. However, I'll await further information before I jump to any conclusions.

Takky
Light
Light

Post by Takky » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:08 am

the people who work at lazerlite aren't going to know...they never know what's wrong wiht it...they just say it's broken and to stop pestering them about it. but never what is actually wrong...they need to get a new one or something... :cry:
"I left the world I know to watch a kid try to put booties on a fucked up weasel...shoot me Roland, before I breed." ~Eddie Dean (dark tower by stephen king)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:10 am

Just get them to turn it on and let someone write down what it does. Most problems can be diagnosed without physical access to the machine as long as what it's doing is known.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:19 pm

Easier said than done. The new group kinda sucks alot. No offense to them, they just aren't that DDR friendly.

UmmeiGenkai
Standard
Standard

Post by UmmeiGenkai » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:52 pm

i went in today and on glance only conditions... i thought it was plugged in, but there was nothing on the screen. there's a tag on the wire that says "DON'T UNPLUG DDR"
oh and the left side's down arrow broke today... but adam fixed it, so it should that should be fine now

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:35 pm

Have Adam give me a call. He or Susie should have my number.