LazerLite 4th Mix Plus

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

LazerLite 4th Mix Plus

Post by Ho » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:51 pm

I was in Bloomington last night and arranged with Susie at LazerLite to have a look at the 4th Mix Plus machine. With the help of Adam, who helped get tools and complete some steps while I was working on other things, I was able to coax the machine back into operation.

We also took the time to do some cleaning. We vacuumed out parts of the inside of the machine where dust bunnies were colonizing new territories. We also cleaned off the monitor and the plexi panel that sits in front of it. I also took some time to tweak the monitor settings a little bit to get a better picture. It's still not perfect, but it's a bit better than before.

Anyway, I hope the machine holds together and I hope people will enjoy having it available again.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:57 pm

Let me be the first to say a HUGE thanks!! :D
I have an urge to go play the fast version of Dam Dariram now :)

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:38 pm

Oooh, most awesome! Thanks a lot, Brian! It's nice to know the 4th+ is back in working order. :D

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:16 am

It was down again, but it's working again...again. It has a new CD drive, so it should be able to read things fine now.

I'll not comment (other than this) on the monitor...
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:26 am

Yeah, MonMotha and I were down there today. Strangely, it ended up being one of two DDR CD-ROM drives we replaced today. Busy.

Anyway, the game seems to be running quite well from a system unit/booting standpoint. So the most functional problem should now be resolved.

However, as MonMotha mentioned, the monitor color is still pretty off. I adjusted it some. It's a little better, but I couldn't get it "correct" using only the controls that it has, so I think it's just out of adjustment in some other way.

Also the sound issue that it has always had, it still has. Some of you I think know what I'm talking about, most probably haven't noticed or care. I took a quick look to see if anything could be done, but I didn't see anything obvious.

Finally, the stage is still in the condition it always was. I had the down arrow on the left side stick some during my test run. You all down there already know how to deal with that kind of stuff though. Bottom line is that the machine was non-functional. I was able to bring it to a state where it now works, but some of the other problems it had (that were not preventing it from working altogether) are still present. So the situation is much improved overall.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:17 am

Thanks again, Brian and MonMotha! I forgot to mention to you the other oddness with that machine, Brian. In 'Make Your Move' the screen freezes for about 10 seconds in the middle of the song while the song continues to play, then suddenly the screen tries to catch up, and you usually end up failing the song.

I wonder if that got fixed now???

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:23 am

That sounds like a disc read error situation. There's a good chance that's fixed now, but the disc itself could have a problem in that spot that replacing the drive wouldn't fix. I did not replace the disc itself, but I did look at it and it didn't appeart to be in poor condition. Given how many problems the old drive had, I'd say that even if that spot on the disc is a little weak, the new drive may not be as picky and it may be fine now.

sonykid753
Standard
Standard

Post by sonykid753 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:32 pm

you two should be like the DDR fairies. going from town to town helping people fix their ddr machines. well done
AAA's - 1
1. kind lady

SDG's - 17
17. sexy planet oni - 5
16. its raining men - 8
15. butterfly - 5

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:30 pm

DDR fairies?

Come now...DDR may be gay, but that doesn't mean I am. ;)

...or am I?

tralalala *waves wand*

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:37 pm

Brian, you're so awesome. XD

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I might be heading down there sometime soon to do a "college visit" at IU. We totally need to do something. (I'll make a proper post in Gettin' Together before it happens.)

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:43 am

I played there today, on the right side, and the right arrow didnt respond too well. I failed furahata's theme in 20sec because of the jumps.

...but it was good to play some of the 4th + songs.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:43 am

I noticed the same problem with the right 2P arrow when we tested the machine. Cleaning the pads out would probably do wonders. It certainly wasn't as bad as the 1P side though, whose down arrow was completely sticking most of the time for Ho.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:26 am

Ho wrote:DDR fairies?

Come now...DDR may be gay, but that doesn't mean I am. ;)

...or am I?

tralalala *waves wand*
I know I got visited by the DDR fairy. And when he left, lo and behold MAX was on my machine!

Thank you DDR Fairy!!!!!!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:09 pm

Yay for 4th plus.

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:41 pm

Yo,

I'm curious as to why both of the machines at Lazerlite have only left channel sound.
Last edited by O 16581 72452 5 on Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.