Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Great X Scape, College Mall, Bloomington

Post by lgolem » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:32 am

NX is coming soon to the Great X Scape :D :D :D :D :D :D

and of course it will be the way Zero is, 1$ for stage break off madness
Last edited by lgolem on Sat May 19, 2007 7:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:31 pm

: ( I really didn't like NX when I played it. Why the fuck do they keep changing the interface? And why is the end of Gun Rock (or something like that, the name is Gun Something) such complete bullshit?

I guess that's just one of the things about Pump that irks me. It's not about how good you do, it's about how bad you don't do.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:40 pm

Merk wrote:: ( I really didn't like NX when I played it. Why the fuck do they keep changing the interface?
Cause the interface from X2 to Zero SUCKED...the only thing good about it was the split difficulties...this way you have the split difficuties and you aren't in a station you don't want to be or you difficulty hasn't changed after changing speed mods.
Merk wrote:And why is the end of Gun Rock such complete bullshit?
It is just the new Slam is all. And the problem isn't just that some of those stepcharts on CZ are amazing, like So and Witch Doctor #1 and Arch of Darkness and U inside my dim memory...granted there are stupid charts like Gun Rock CZ and Chimera CZ but they tryed there hardest to appeal to the new people and the vets every one else in the middle can play some of the new stuff and if not...the Zero songs are still there.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:20 pm

I guess what I don't get is why don't they just make the interface good? It seems like whenever Adamiro gets one thing right and intuitive it spastically goes and changes something that was perfect before.

For example, why did they go and change the way the song's BPM is displayed? In Zero the BPM was right there, under the highlighted song's name. You didn't have the press anything, you didn't have to put in some code, you didn't have the squint your eyes to find it on the song's background, it was just right there in plain sight. You could adjust your speed mods accordingly and everything was perfect. Sort of like, you know, DDR. In NX, the BPM scrolls across a little marquee with a bunch of other bullshit that takes a good five or so seconds to reset. What's the point of this?

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but since I now have to count how many "stars" a song has to see how difficult it is I don't immediately see the BPM. Why did they change the difficulty standard that they've been using for at least the last three iterations? It was fine the way it was with the exception of a few songs here and there. It's much easier to just look at and compare numbers than stars, just like it's easier to compare numbers than feet like, you know, in DDR (at least in Extreme, fuck Supernova).

Also, why did they get rid of the channels? Now I have to scroll through 100+ songs to find what I'm looking for. Channels were at least some form of sorting (although a crappy one), now there's nothing. Why not just put in a sorting by mix or alphabet that the player can choose and use, you know, like in DDR.

And Jesus Christ, why don't they just put buttons on the cab itself? Why have players been using the arrows to navigate the interface since the game came out?

AND WHY THE FUCK DID THEY MAKE IT SO THAT IF YOU'RE TOUCHING THE CENTER ARROW AT ANY TIME DURING THE RESULTS SCREEN IT IMMEDIATELY CUTS TO THE MUSIC SELECT SCREEN? What the fuck is this shit? Why do this Andamiro? Do they not realize that players have been touching the center arrow in some fashion after the song since pretty much the beginning? It's not like you even have to stomp on the arrow to cut to the music select screen, if you just lighty braise it you fuck yourself over. Now I have to pretty much have to get on the other pad or just compeltely jump off the stage and pray that the player next to me doesn't fucking hit the center arrow just so I can see my score.

Oh man. I am mad. I AM MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD at a video game. It is making me physically upset. I am now having a heart-attack. I am dead. fuck

But but but but but but seriously, what the fuck Andamiro? What. The. Fuck. They need some Korean Human-Computer Interaction majors, or maybe someone who knows what they're doing.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:28 pm

Yes all flaws...but worth it when you really play the new songs that I listed earlier...some of them are a tad stupid on CZ and NM (Chimera, High Young Go Jin Go, Gun Rock) seriously when we get it you need to try U inside my Dim Memory CZ...I think that chart alone is worth the upgrade.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:38 pm

These songs better be really really really really fucking good.

So uh, ARE YOU GUYS GETTING IIDX OR SUPERNOVA 2 OR ANYTHING MUSIC GAME REALTED? How did you guys even get NX? I thought Daniel was having nothing of it since Pump is not exactly the most popular game.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:48 pm

Merk wrote:These songs better be really really really really fucking good.

So uh, ARE YOU GUYS GETTING IIDX OR SUPERNOVA 2 OR ANYTHING MUSIC GAME REALTED? How did you guys even get NX? I thought Daniel was having nothing of it since Pump is not exactly the most popular game.
Oh they are ^_^. I don't know about any other music games, it took alot of harping from me to get him to decide on getting NX....We don't have it yet...but it will be here...what he is doing is selling the Exceed 2 kit on E-bay, getting NX, then selling Zero to pay off the rest of the upgrade...so Pump itself is paying for the upgrade.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:29 pm

lgolem wrote:Yes all flaws...but worth it when you really play the new songs that I listed earlier...some of them are a tad stupid on CZ and NM (Chimera, High Young Go Jin Go, Gun Rock) seriously when we get it you need to try U inside my Dim Memory CZ...I think that chart alone is worth the upgrade.
Dong'z baby! DONG'Z. 8)
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:46 pm

Merk wrote:In NX, the BPM scrolls across a little marquee with a bunch of other bullshit that takes a good five or so seconds to reset. What's the point of this?
Just switch songs and switch back. Besides, you have 90 seconds to choose a song. If you can't pick a song and put in a speed mod, there may be something wrong.
Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but since I now have to count how many "stars" a song has to see how difficult it is I don't immediately see the BPM. Why did they change the difficulty standard that they've been using for at least the last three iterations? It was fine the way it was with the exception of a few songs here and there. It's much easier to just look at and compare numbers than stars, just like it's easier to compare numbers than feet like, you know, in DDR (at least in Extreme, fuck Supernova).
Counting stars (or whatever the object was) is how it started. It's not that hard to count the number of stars and multiply by two. Once again, you have 90 seconds to choose a song. That is 30 seconds more than previous mixes gave. Also, it's not DDR.
Also, why did they get rid of the channels? Now I have to scroll through 100+ songs to find what I'm looking for. Channels were at least some form of sorting (although a crappy one), now there's nothing. Why not just put in a sorting by mix or alphabet that the player can choose and use, you know, like in DDR.
The songs scroll at an outrageous speed, pausing between each mix that is labeled by color AND name at the top of the screen. Once again, not DDR.
And Jesus Christ, why don't they just put buttons on the cab itself? Why have players been using the arrows to navigate the interface since the game came out?
This one is easy. It has been that way since the beginning, even DDR home players would be semi-familiar with this setup because that is how home mixes are, and PIU =/= DDR.
AND WHY THE FUCK DID THEY MAKE IT SO THAT IF YOU'RE TOUCHING THE CENTER ARROW AT ANY TIME DURING THE RESULTS SCREEN IT IMMEDIATELY CUTS TO THE MUSIC SELECT SCREEN? What the fuck is this shit? Why do this Andamiro? Do they not realize that players have been touching the center arrow in some fashion after the song since pretty much the beginning? It's not like you even have to stomp on the arrow to cut to the music select screen, if you just lighty braise it you fuck yourself over. Now I have to pretty much have to get on the other pad or just compeltely jump off the stage and pray that the player next to me doesn't fucking hit the center arrow just so I can see my score.
Seriously, this was needed. +1 Andamiro. There are eight other panels to stand on if you want to see your score.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:02 am

Merk wrote:A lot of whining
This effectively is the equivalent of if I cried that God of War is not enough like Devil May Cry.

Way to whine about a mix that you played 2, maybe 3, times.

Hey! News flash:
It's a different game.

Play it or for christ's sake don't.

Flakk managed to hit all point available I could have covered.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:02 am

Jason Dread wrote:
Merk wrote:A lot of whining
This effectively is the equivalent of if I cried that God of War is not enough like Devil May Cry.

Way to whine about a mix that you played 2, maybe 3, times.
I had the same complaints after playing it the first couple times, if you just play it, you grow to like it, it is as simple as that.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 am

There's a difference between being a different game, and being a different game with shitty interface and features. Just because it's not DDR doesn't make it okay that it's laid out like crap.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:55 am

Riot wrote:There's a difference between being a different game, and being a different game with shitty interface and features. Just because it's not DDR doesn't make it okay that it's laid out like crap.
The layout is fantastic...I have no fucking idea why you are saying it is crap...you get 80 seconds to pick stuff, everything works out great, it is odd at first....just like I thought the layout from Exceed 2 to Zero was crap, I got used to it. And like I keep fucking saying the new songs are worth it, that and they brough back 2 or 3 good old ones. Witch Doctor #1 is fun and challenging, So is like Sex, 2006 Love Song may be garbage to some but it is fun as hell when you play it, Arch of Darkness has an odd slow down that takes getting used too but still a lot of fucking fun. Come back...only requires 3 buttons...the down buttons not even used and it is fun. We Going Fly is a song full of turny goodness. Gun Rock is the new Slam. High Young Go Jin Go (or what ever the fuck it is) is the new What's Going On. Chimera is the New Dignity. U inside my dim memory is like sex with 2 women. Bust Back, Hold the Line, Sam I Am, all really good songs. Final Audition Ep 2-1 is great just a tough song. I agree with Jason you guys have not played it enough to appreciate it...Fuck I hated DDR because I played it at the Union back in July does that mean ALL DDR blows...Fuck no, just because I suck at Beatmania doesn't mean it sucks...you need to play more than 2 or 3 times it a give it fucking chance before you make a legit opinion. All those things you said I noticed first off to but I keep saying it....you get fucking used to it and you grow to like it.
it's laid out like crap.
Go play Zero find a song you want to play and say...you think...OH FUCK I need it at 4x...you put in the speed and what do you fucking know when you are done you are on a different fucking channel and a different difficulty. On NX you are on the same song same difficulty and you are good to go....You think maybe they are trying to be different from DDR...hell they can be like gay ass ITG and just copy DDR's interface and just add different colors and backgrounds...but no they are totally different from DDR and if they were to copy them...we would get fuckers saying "IT IS AN EXACT KNOCK OFF OF DDR" the point is the layout is different because it is a different fucking game and they are trying to make things different unlike DDR has been the same fucking thing since like 1st mix just more colors and more songs oh and speed mods were added after another fucking mix. You play one DDR you played them all. And I am in no way bashing DDR...people have preferences...I like some change now and then...and I fucking like NX and I am damn fucking sure if you gave it a fucking chance you guys would too.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:28 pm

The song selection is just screwy. You're on the song you want to play right, but then you have to put on a speed mod, so you move through a bunch of other menus and songs and then have to try and find your way back before the time starts. I'm not talking necessarily about NX because I've never played it or seen it, but the 2 versions of PIU I have played have pisspoor song selection screens. I'm not even comparing it to DDR, it just sucks compared to pretty much every music game I've played (and there's been a lot).

I'm not saying the game sucks, and I don't think there are any good qualities about the menu and selection screen that would grow on me over time even if I came to "appreciate" the game more.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Riot wrote: but the 2 versions of PIU I have played have pisspoor song selection screens.
And as I am saying to you, it is A LOT better on the NX....the songs are on one circle all of them...no channel buttons...you hold down either down right or down left it will flip at a very fast rate and stop at the next channel...and bunching in speed mods now is just hitting the difficulty buttons back and forth so you aren't moving your spot at all. It may not be in ABC order or by difficulty like DDR can be but the layout in this one is by far the best I have seen on pump.