Lazer Lite

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Lazer Lite

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:07 pm

I haven't been in a week or so, but I'm guessing the 4th plus is STILL down. They say the issue is hardware related and the tech guy is taking his sweet time getting there.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:12 pm

Shannon said he was going to talk to the owner/manager/whatever lady (her name slips my mind at the moment) and try to convince her to upgrade the 4th+ machine into an In The Groove machine to generate more revenue and whatnot. It would probably be a good investment, but the nostalgia of 4th+ would be gone.

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:14 pm

Kyler and I were there Friday night, and yes, it is still down. There were plenty of hot sorority girls though. =P

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:15 pm

Yeah, it's still down as of Sunday.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:16 pm

Sounds more like a location issue. Moved to locations.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:20 pm

In the Groove would be really cool, but I wonder if Susie'd be willing to plop down the $2,000 for the upgrade. I somehow doubt it, but maybe she'd go for it.

Also, about the 4th+ itself, when I talked to Dan a few weeks ago he said something to the effect of "It's the harddrive," but there's not a harddrive in a DDR machine. I asked Ho about it and he said it might be the CD-ROM going bad, which is pretty believable since that machine has such a hard time booting up if you turn it off. As to how that happened, well, with the massive influx of new employees at Lazerlite as of late, I don't find it hard to believe that one of them accidentally unplugged the machine without knowing it should never be turned off. That being said, that easily brings us to where we're at now. Down a 4th+ in B-ton.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:24 pm

Yes, it was definitely caused by some employee turning the machine off, and according to another employee, "That employee doesn't work here anymore." Not surprising....

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:34 pm

I don't know how much control Susie has over the machine, but if she is able to/willing to, I'd be happy to volunteer to take a look at it. I've had a reasonable amount of experience in solving some problems with machines (since I've had to work on my own occasionally and have helped others as well). The problems that Kyler described to me sound like things that I've seen before.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:08 pm

I figured as much. Ah well, I'd be all about in the groove.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:00 pm

Yes, an In The Groove machine would be a welcome addition even if it meant removing the 4th Mix Plus.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:12 pm

Here's an idea --- how about a tournament at Lazerlite to raise money for the In The Groove upgrade? I would want it to be far enough away from the DDR-A-Thon so as not to detract from it, but I bet we could at least raise a few hundred bucks to help pay for the upgrade. Maybe?.

...and yes, there definitely WILL be a DDR-A-Thon 4. :wink:

And yes, Ho, Susie does own both machines completely now, so she is free to do what she wants with them. (Brian, I just realized you emailed me that same question, and I forgot to reply to it. :oops:) It just seems like it's awfully hard to find Susie AT Lazerlite anymore to ask her about anything....

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:01 pm

malictus wrote:Here's an idea --- how about a tournament at Lazerlite to raise money for the In The Groove upgrade? I would want it to be far enough away from the DDR-A-Thon so as not to detract from it, but I bet we could at least raise a few hundred bucks to help pay for the upgrade. Maybe?
I like this idea. I have a funny feeling that's about the only way we'll see an ITG upgrade in Bloomington... if we help out with a fundraiser of a sort. :lol:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:26 pm

A fundraiser sounds like a fine idea.

If you would like to try and get the machine back in service in the meantime, however, I will be happy to attempt to coax it into working if someone would extend the offer to Susie and she agreed. I'm sure that most would consider 4th Plus to be preferable to its current "giant paperweight" state.

UmmeiGenkai
Standard
Standard

Post by UmmeiGenkai » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:01 pm

it's fixed finally but it's a little different than before. if you fail in the middle of a song it stops playing then. and it's fairly loud while no one's playing. maybe they saw that someone had flipped over the "out of order" sign and written "I've fallen and i can't get up" and decided maybe they should get around to it.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:05 pm

Ho fixed it a week ago, and then we (me and Ho) re-fixed it (should be permanent this time with a new CD drive) on Saturday. I'm not sure what you mean by stops playing if you fail in the middle of a song. I thought 4th+ always had auto-fail turned on. Anyway, that would be an option in operator mode if it's there, and if the attract mode sound bothers people, it can be turned off. Ask the management.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.