Putt-Putt's Extreme Machine

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Putt-Putt's Extreme Machine

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:15 pm

I saw multiple threads on Putt-Putt, without one collective one, so I just made this. Feel free to move/splice accordingly.

The DDR Extreme machine at Fort Wayne's Putt-Putt has been hacked. It is running Stepmania with every DDR song on it (including CS and up through SN2 if I'm not mistaken). While this seems awesome at first (especially with cool features such as Endless Mode and Marvelous timing), the awesome-ness soon disappears when you learn that...the timing is not true to DDR arcade mixes. I don't know why they didn't change it to match traditional timing, but it is NOTICEABLY easier than normal DDR, which is a bummer to say the least.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: Putt-Putt's Extreme Machine

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 am

The majority of machines hacked to use Stepmania are often left unaltered timing wise which genuinely bugs the shit out of me when they hack a perfectly good DDR Extreme machine . The timing values to approximate arcade timing are out there yet they don't bother with it and I can't figure out why on that one.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Did the old extreme machine break? I remember going into Putt-Putt a few times when I was in town a few weeks ago and it was never working. It was either off or crashed at the Komani logo screen.

It was pretty jank, the only dance machine working was ITG2 and the right speaker was kicked out.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Merk wrote:Did the old extreme machine break? I remember going into Putt-Putt a few times when I was in town a few weeks ago and it was never working. It was either off or crashed at the Komani logo screen.

It was pretty jank, the only dance machine working was ITG2 and the right speaker was kicked out.
No, it's the same machine. I think it might have been out of order because of its maintenance/upgrading schedule. I believe they also put in a considerable amount of money to repair any issues the pads had (the left pad is now awesome, the right one is still somewhat janky though). As far as I can remember though, before the last couple of months, that machine was always in working condition.
Sucks about the timing though, makes it useless in my eyes.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:59 pm

I played on it today and the timing was a bit wide, but it felt about the same as SuperNOVA 2's timing from what I remember, if only they'd turn on marvelous timing.

Some idiots kept playing "Tricky Disco" on the ITG2 machine over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Hey that song sucks.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:03 pm

It just feels good to play all the clasics again, like all of the korean songs and 4+ songs.
Warning incoming game!