Potentially good news...Dave & Buster's in Indy

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Potentially good news...Dave & Buster's in Indy

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:50 pm

blackcat wrote:It's automatically 25% off if you win around 1,200 tickets I think they told me?
If it's the standard D&B deal, you become a Gold Member once you spend 1,200 points. Once you're a Gold Member, you get 10% off all games all the time. It has nothing to do with winning tickets. It's basically a frequent customer program. Just be sure to save your card and register it online. That's how they keep track and you get other discounts periodically for signing up as well. I've been registered for awhile...it's just nice to not have to drive at least 2 hours to actually use my benefits now.

Details here: http://www.daveandbusters.com/rewards/profile.aspx

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:53 pm

blackcat wrote:Yup. I have confirmed that Dave and Buster's have PIU Pro. In awesome condition. I lurved it :)

Half price Wednesday only goes on from open til 5pm.

It costs 5.8 points to play, you get a card from a kiosk and it will tell you how many points you get for however much. It's automatically 25% off if you win around 1,200 tickets I think they told me? So, play the dance games and then play some Deal or No Deal and the dance game will be cheaper. Woot.

Hours of operation...weekdays 11am-midnight, weekends (Friday/Saturday) 11am til 1am.

If you go there, it's ALLLLLLLLLLLL the way in the back. I had to go searching for it. I almost thought they didn't have anything dance game related at all, but I did, and it's all the way in the back.

Side note, they also have Guitar Hero. Which I've heard sucks, so I didn't play. Maybe I'll give it a try and report back for the Guitar Hero fans :)
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Go for it Katy! They'd prolly pay more than Xscape.
I am making friends with the people that work there first, just to make a good impression, and if they have any openings, I will definitely let them know that I am interested. :)
1:00? Wow. Looks like I may be crashing at your place more often.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Um, cash wise what does points translate into?
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Um, cash wise what does points translate into?
The game is 5.8 points. $25 gets you 170 points. This is roughly 85 cents per game. 2 songs per game (I'm not sure about a bonus song.)

1 point is approximately 15 cents at the $25 purchase price. This value, I'm sure, varies on any coupons you use, and how much you spend at one time for your points.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:22 pm

$10 is the minimum purchase getting you 48 points/chips. At that value it's $1.20 for two songs, hopefully they will up the song count. Guitar hero is about the same for 1 song (and it blows BTW).

I will definitely be spending more time here because it is helping me transit from ITG to PIU. Plus I can actually use a USB with this.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:59 pm

DAVE101 wrote:I will definitely be spending more time here because it is helping me transit from ITG to PIU. Plus I can actually use a USB with this.
It is true that you can use a USB, but be aware the machine can be kind of picky. I used an old USB on the machine that I had used before on another PIU Pro machine and that worked just fine, but then I tried another USB I had on me, and it didn't work for that one. I'm under the impression that MOST USB drives will function properly and keep track of your scores.

No custom songs though. The machine won't read 'em. The charts on the machine already are....decent. They aren't bad, but you can definitely tell they were made by ITG folks, with the way they made the awkward turns and so forth.

EDIT: I am going to correct Chad, as I think I gave people the wrong information. I WAS going to get a $25 dollar card to start with, but then the machine was like, "For $3 more dollars you can get 170 chips aka credits" and apparently that was a better deal than the 25, at this point, I forget how many chips it would have given me if I had gone with the $25 one. So, to correct Chad, the 170 chips was for $28.

ANOTHER EDIT: I was also given false information about the hours...on weekdays anyways. They are open til 11pm, not midnight :( Weekends are still 1am though, so yeah Chad, you should definitely crash at our place more often :]

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:04 pm

Ho wrote:
blackcat wrote:It's automatically 25% off if you win around 1,200 tickets I think they told me?
If it's the standard D&B deal, you become a Gold Member once you spend 1,200 points. Once you're a Gold Member, you get 10% off all games all the time. It has nothing to do with winning tickets. It's basically a frequent customer program. Just be sure to save your card and register it online. That's how they keep track and you get other discounts periodically for signing up as well. I've been registered for awhile...it's just nice to not have to drive at least 2 hours to actually use my benefits now.

Details here: http://www.daveandbusters.com/rewards/profile.aspx
They actually told me tickets....I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, I was talking to an employee, which made it sound like you have to purchase 1,200 chips before you get the discount, but then someone came up and corrected her and said "tickets" not "chips"

So I'm not sure if that is just a general mix up, or if maybe they just generally do it that way. I'm just telling you that they told me it was tickets, not chips.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Wow, so I guess when the people at Dave and Buster's were being orientated, they were told like 50 different things! Either that, or the general manager told them to "make up shit." Why you ask? Because we've asked three different people about the half-price Wednesday deal and this is what each of them said:

1st Person: Half Price Wednesdays go on from open til 5pm
2nd Person: Half Price Wednesdays go on from 4pm til 7pm.
3rd Person: Half Price Wednesdays go on from open til close.

I guess the 3rd person asked someone important, so I guess half price Wednesdays IS all day? I guess I will have to check tomorrow!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 pm

The national information doesn't specify any particular time period:
http://www.daveandbusters.com/Promotion ... cmp=000002

Also, I've been a member of their rewards program for awhile and get their emails. The email I received about the Wednesday special back in January doesn't specify any time period either.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Well, I'm assuming it's all day, since Mike, CBav, and I went there this afternoon and everything was definitely half off. Pump Pro was 2.9 chips to play. Wicked. Awesome.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:47 pm

So... anyone update to R5 yet or even put in the unlock codes?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:46 am

Ho wrote:Jillian's is a similar style of venue. It had so much potential when it opened. Restaurant, games, billiards, and even bowling in a club-like atmosphere. Their food is also quite good though more expensive. Unfortunately, they've never had any type of dance or music game at our location since they've opened. Even more frustrating, as of my last visit earlier this year, I would say the majority of the games in the game room are the same ones that were there when they opened almost 10 years ago. I generally like the place and would love to have a reason to go there...but they have failed to give me one.
I went to Jillian's yesterday. It might have been the most depressing and neglected arcade I've ever seen. Many games were off, and even more had some sort of major defect. Even the redemption game prizes were a distant second to any isle of the dollar store. They have a DDR machine converted to ITG 2, but it is broken like everything else.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 am

I saw your check-in on Foursquare and thought to myself, "Oh, I'm sorry." Jillian's is the biggest waste of potential.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:20 am

Ho wrote:Jillian's is the biggest waste of potential.
Absolutely right. Best as I can tell, their primary focus is food, bowling, and billiards. The arcade is all but abandoned.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:26 am

Remember that one time when my company's holiday party was going to be held at Jillian's and I was fired literally the Monday before the party?

Good fucking times.