Moderator: Moderators

Shiken
Light
Light

Re: Noblesville just got some more ITG!

Post by Shiken » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:02 pm

Glarthob wrote:quasar is more of a 9.
Sure, if you're not 5'5" and have fat thighs :(

I'm heading there today to work on my leg stamina.. I'm probably going to be at stardust from ~6 until closing tonight if anyone wants to join. :)
Originally known as "BurningHeat9000" from IndyDDR generation 1... OG since '02.
Looking for good SFIII:3S, SFIV players in the Indianapolis area to play with! (I'm currently ranked ~180 on PSN SFIV)
MAKE IT MAKE MONEY | facebook!
Find me on DDR/ITG/PIU machines on the northside of Indy! "MAXX" :)

Shiken
Light
Light

Post by Shiken » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:17 am

Went there and played today for ~4 hours. The sound wasn't working when I got there, but the lady at the counter just said to unplug it and plug it back in, and it was loud as ever. :) I didn't get my goal of beating Quasar today, but I made some other achievements today as well. Some questions about this place though: what happened to the keyboard mania machine? I read that there apparently was one there? and also, the DDR Extreme nonstop megamix was off beat... quite an unenjoyable warm-up. :P

Also, I watched Glarthob play a round, and he is a monster. :shock:
Originally known as "BurningHeat9000" from IndyDDR generation 1... OG since '02.
Looking for good SFIII:3S, SFIV players in the Indianapolis area to play with! (I'm currently ranked ~180 on PSN SFIV)

primerib
Standard
Standard

Post by primerib » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:54 am

Shiken wrote:Went there and played today for ~4 hours. The sound wasn't working when I got there, but the lady at the counter just said to unplug it and plug it back in, and it was loud as ever. :) I didn't get my goal of beating Quasar today, but I made some other achievements today as well. Some questions about this place though: what happened to the keyboard mania machine? I read that there apparently was one there? and also, the DDR Extreme nonstop megamix was off beat... quite an unenjoyable warm-up. :P

Also, I watched Glarthob play a round, and he is a monster. :shock:
All the DDR songs on the machine are off-sync. Sorry, shoulda told you that.
There is a code to changing the volume of the machine as well, but I forgot it.

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:20 pm

right right, up up, down down, left left
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I love r23 so much. Playing custom songs has made DDR new and exciting.

primerib
Standard
Standard

Post by primerib » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:41 pm

I plan on going Saturday. Gonna try to tackle uber rave if possible which it likely isn't.

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:04 pm

uber rave is more of a 10
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I love r23 so much. Playing custom songs has made DDR new and exciting.

primerib
Standard
Standard

Post by primerib » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Glarthob wrote:uber rave is more of a 10
more of an 8.

AllusiveGold
Standard
Standard

Post by AllusiveGold » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:39 am

Shiken wrote:I didn't even know such a place existed until I came here to post again... so I checked out the place tonight for the first time. Just dropped by to say that this machine kicked my ass all kinds of horrible. "Quasar? 10 footer? That shouldn't be too hard..." *gets raped*. It's not that I can't read any of these more difficult custom charts (rather simple step patterns), my legs (mostly my thighs) just give out after doing fast stream for so long. Any tips/suggestions to get better at these?

It does feel good however, when you're warming up with Max 300/LoM to play even harder songs later. :D

One question though, why a Touhou theme? Weird combination, but no complaints here. I'm so glad there's a hacked DDR machine so close to where I live. Thanks :)
My only question to you is this. I was at Stardust this past Wednesday and did not see a DDR machine. So if there is one there, where is it? And since when did people hack DDR machines? News to me. Anyways, I saw an ITG2 dedicab, but maybe I'm missing something here.

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:42 pm

and aparently, someone informed one of the managers that worked there about it being hacked. And more specifically, the coin code. My friend that works there said they were talking about getting rid of the machine altogether.

I might be there today, so I will provide further news.

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:18 pm

that "someone" is a complete douche
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Shiken wrote: "Quasar? 10 footer? That shouldn't be too hard..." *gets raped*.
There are a few "keyboard" charts where the ratings don't make sense (Quasar, Untitled Gabber Song, Air, etc.) They should be pretty obvious by looking at the step count though.
Shiken wrote: One question though, why a Touhou theme?
If by this you mean the Gensokyo Midnight theme, this because it's a generic recolor, and we have every generic recolor.
Shiken wrote:What happened to the keyboard mania machine?
I explained this somewhere else but long story short, someone done broke it.
AllusiveGold wrote:
Shiken wrote:...I'm so glad there's a hacked DDR machine...
...I did not see a DDR machine. So if there is one there, where is it?
I think they meant "DDR" as a generic term for dancing game, cuz they got rid of ddr a long time ago.

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:19 pm

DAVE101 wrote:
Shiken wrote:What happened to the keyboard mania machine?
I explained this somewhere else but long story short, someone done broke it.
What's the long story to this, I'd really like to hear.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Someone ripped off some keys or something, manager doesn't feel like replacing it.

I lurk.

AllusiveGold
Standard
Standard

Post by AllusiveGold » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Glarthob wrote:and aparently, someone informed one of the managers that worked there about it being hacked. And more specifically, the coin code. My friend that works there said they were talking about getting rid of the machine altogether.

I might be there today, so I will provide further news.
THIS being the EXACT same reason as to why I said it would be a good idea to put tokens in the machine regardless of the coin code. If there are plenty of people playing on the machine (to which it's QUITE obvious to the people that work there) and there are hardly any tokens in the machine, what do YOU (as a player) think is going to happen? This goes without saying, it's not rocket science. The last thing I would like to see happen is the one good machine that I've found in Indiana to up and disappear simply because some idiot decided to talk about our freeplay. If someone needs an ass beating, let's get right on it. God knows I will.

I hate to be the dick in this situation, but to all of you who met me, I told you so. I know you remember me clearly saying something about this possibly being exposed and now here we are. HOPEfully we won't all suffer as a result of this fool.

P.S. This contributes to why I decided to be done with this game about a year ago, because everytime I decide I want to start playing again and TRY to get better, some stupid shit like this happens. And at my age (24) lazy or not, it gets harder and harder to start playing, stop playing and start again. Call me a bitch and say I complain all you want, but I believe this varies from person to person..

Good luck with keeping the machine >.<

Shiken
Light
Light

Post by Shiken » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:55 am

I'd just like to throw it out there that it wasn't me, and I "donate" to the machine every day I play there... and I'll be very upset if they do remove it. This machine is probably my only hope/motivation at getting good at ITG/DDR in general, and I've only just recently revived my interest in dancing games and found this place to play. :(