Ben and Ari's

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Ben and Ari's

Post by Yume_Taira » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:30 pm

I know many of you don't like this DDR locale, but they've gotten much nicer to us, including a fan to cool us off.

They currently have a DDRMAX2 for $.50 a game, but there are confirmed rumors of the arrival of a DDR Extreme machine. I don't know how much it will cost per game, but I'm glad to see it make its way up to Fishers. There are a lot of new DDRers up here that I've organized into a small group. Come and see us some Friday night. ^_^

Just thought I've put this up,

~Yume ^_~

JL143
Light
Light

Post by JL143 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:35 pm

An extreme machine is coming? HOLY CRAP!

This place keeps getting better and better. Even more reason not to go back to XSite... the people are better, better prices, better machine...

Woohoo.
Yep.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ben and Ari's

Post by Ho » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:46 pm

Yume_Taira wrote:confirmed rumors
This amuses me.

Thanks for the info and keep us posted. I will be interested to see how things go at good ol' B&A. I should drop by and check out the scene...since it's so close to home and all.

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:01 pm

Yo,

Will the Extreme machine replaced the Max 2 machine? If so, i want to make it there before the Max 2 machine is gone.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:06 pm

If you really must have a MAX2 machine, there's one closer to TH. United Skates on the West side (I think) has one, or you can go over to X-Site (which, while the atmosphere sucks due to loud music, the machine is usualyl in surprisingly good shape as far as gameplay goes). Both are closer than Noblesville to TH.

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:14 pm

Yo,

I'd like to go for the people as well, DDR is nice locally when no one else is playing, but when i go out of town, i like there to be a large croud.

JL143
Light
Light

Post by JL143 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:32 pm

MonMotha wrote:If you really must have a MAX2 machine, there's one closer to TH. United Skates on the West side (I think) has one, or you can go over to X-Site (which, while the atmosphere sucks due to loud music, the machine is usualyl in surprisingly good shape as far as gameplay goes). Both are closer than Noblesville to TH.
The machine at X-Site sucks right now. The whole left side of the pad is busted up, the pad is dirty as hell, and the employees are jerks. Just a recent experience from a week ago, which has been recurring since a few months ago.
Yep.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Re: Ben and Ari's

Post by Yume_Taira » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:10 pm

Ho wrote:
Yume_Taira wrote:confirmed rumors
This amuses me.

Thanks for the info and keep us posted. I will be interested to see how things go at good ol' B&A. I should drop by and check out the scene...since it's so close to home and all.
"Confirmed rumors" means many people I know have told me, but I haven't heard it from the owner myself.

As for the MAX2, I do not know it's fate, but I'll ask on Friday when I go dancing.

^_~ I'll keep you updated, and thanks for agreeing to help with the unlock codes, Ho.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:18 pm

JL143 wrote:The machine at X-Site sucks right now. The whole left side of the pad is busted up, the pad is dirty as hell, and the employees are jerks. Just a recent experience from a week ago, which has been recurring since a few months ago.
Hum, good to know. In the past, the employees have generally been reasonably nice to me, and the machine was in pretty decent condition.
Yume_Taira wrote:As for the MAX2, I do not know it's fate, but I'll ask on Friday when I go dancing.
If they do upgrade it to ITG and it's not a Schafer machine, they'll have a spare System unit. I could possibly be persuaded to purchase such a component for a reasonable price, if you're willing to pass along that info.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:35 pm

MonMotha wrote:If they do upgrade it to ITG and it's not a Schafer machine, they'll have a spare System unit. I could possibly be persuaded to purchase such a component for a reasonable price, if you're willing to pass along that info.
It is a Shaffer machine.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:38 pm

Then I won't be getting any system units, now will I? :)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:40 pm

Based upon my past experience with the company...I find it quite doubtful. However, I have not had any contact with them for over a year (maybe two). I suppose it is possible that things have changed or that my experience was not a universal one.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:11 am

Update:

Due to new games, the machine has been moved from the corner!!

Not only that, but we have CHAIRS now! And a little red rope thingy! ^_^

I dunno whether it's to keep others out, or us in. LOL But either way, it's very nice.

Still haven't heard anything about the Extreme. (Haven't seen the owner)

JL143
Light
Light

Post by JL143 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:24 am

On Saturday, a bunch of people were asking the owner about the machine (since they were watching and stuff) and the owner said something about a new machine being on the way, so I don't know if that means they are getting Extreme or not, but it seems to be a good indicator...
Yep.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:10 pm

The big question is whether they will be getting a different machine or upgrading the one that's there. I would normally assume an upgrade, but Ben & Ari's has had three different mixes of DDR over the years (3rd Mix VK2, DDRMAX, and now DDRMAX2), and it has been a different machine each time. There was also a gap of time in which they had no DDR at all in between each of those machines.