DAVE&BUSTERS

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DAVE&BUSTERS

Post by Ho » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:26 pm

Apparently D&B is rolling out PRIME to all their locations that have Pump. Too bad "all their locations that have Pump" does not include us anymore. :(

...unless something has changed that no one has mentioned here. Has anyone here even been to D&B in the last 6 months?

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:52 pm

I actually walked the entire game floor just last night. Walked straight back without touching anything.

Just curious, where did you hear about D&B getting Prime across the board?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:04 am

I went there earlier this week actually to see what they had. The place is like a morgue and sadly is not very well ran compared to other D&B locations I've been to.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:48 am

yindesu and Amp,

You both mention visiting D&B very recently, but neither of you actually confirmed whether Pump was there or not. I assume that neither of you mentioning it means it is not, but I was hoping for a "No, it's not there" or "Actually, it is there." Both of you essentially said, "I went there and looked around," but neither of you reported what you saw. You might have seen a parade of marching gorillas. I have no idea.

This is me not reading subtext. :)

Anyway, I heard about D&B getting Prime from Art Noxon. I would argue he is the biggest Pump supporter in the US. He has been with/in the community for...well, longer than me. He also lives in Dallas, where D&B is headquartered. I firmly believe he has contacts there and would consider him a reliable source for something like this.

His initial announcement was that they were getting PRIME for all locations. I asked for clarification on whether that meant upgrades or new machines (for those locations like ours that do not have one). He said he'd find out and then replied that it was just upgrades. So it seems like any D&B with Pump should be running PRIME soon, but I wouldn't expect any locations without a machine at all to change that condition...at least not in relation to this news.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Ho wrote:yindesu and Amp,

You both mention visiting D&B very recently, but neither of you actually confirmed whether Pump was there or not. I assume that neither of you mentioning it means it is not, but I was hoping for a "No, it's not there" or "Actually, it is there." Both of you essentially said, "I went there and looked around," but neither of you reported what you saw. You might have seen a parade of marching gorillas. I have no idea.

This is me not reading subtext. :)

Anyway, I heard about D&B getting Prime from Art Noxon. I would argue he is the biggest Pump supporter in the US. He has been with/in the community for...well, longer than me. He also lives in Dallas, where D&B is headquartered. I firmly believe he has contacts there and would consider him a reliable source for something like this.

His initial announcement was that they were getting PRIME for all locations. I asked for clarification on whether that meant upgrades or new machines (for those locations like ours that do not have one). He said he'd find out and then replied that it was just upgrades. So it seems like any D&B with Pump should be running PRIME soon, but I wouldn't expect any locations without a machine at all to change that condition...at least not in relation to this news.
I should have elaborated, there is still no pump and I doubt it will come back. :(
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:54 pm

That's what I figured. Just neither one of you actually said "Pump wasn't there." :)

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:04 pm

I at least was about answering the explicit question
Ho wrote:Has anyone here even been to D&B in the last 6 months?
:P

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:19 am

Y'all some muh fuckin' pedants ayyyyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:38 am

yindesu wrote:I at least was about answering the explicit question
Ho wrote:Has anyone here even been to D&B in the last 6 months?
:P
You're absolutely right! I'm bad at asking questions and then made it your guys' fault.

I'm gonna spend the rest of the day in shaming corner.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:54 pm

The location list is out (sorted by city / shop name):
http://www.daveandbusters.com/dance-dance-revolution-a

My version sorted by state:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Closest locations to us are west Chicago suburbs. Next closest location is Nashville, TN, unless I'm mistaken.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:23 pm

They said they'll do another order next summer if it does well, so I'd imagine our location (as well as a few in Ohio) would be on that order.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:21 am

Diamondback1996 wrote:They said they'll do another order next summer if it does well, so I'd imagine our location (as well as a few in Ohio) would be on that order.
I love how optimistic you are.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:36 am

Ho wrote:
Diamondback1996 wrote:They said they'll do another order next summer if it does well, so I'd imagine our location (as well as a few in Ohio) would be on that order.
Agreed.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
Ho wrote:
Agreed.
If you didn't all snatch up all the machines in the area I may not have to be.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Don't blame me. My DDR is from out-of-state and was purchased when there were still plenty of machines in the area.

I will cop to taking IIDX from Ft. Wayne (but seriously guys, it was barely playable by then!) and PPP from Westside (when it was closing its arcade). I like to think I saved these machines. ;)