Latitude 360

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: Latitude 360

Post by MonMotha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:00 am

Just played it on Friday. Left slot still works and is still assigned to 2P as it has been for a long time.

Infinity does take a long time to recognize most drives and load the profile - about 10 seconds. Make sure you give it enough time.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Figured out what was wrong: the flash drive I've been using is slightly too short. It works if I force it in, but I'm going to switch to a different one that fits better. I actually put the 1.09 update file on the other one, and I plugged it in to test the port thinking it would immediately refuse the update if it read the drive. I was wrong, and it was stuck for like 15-20 minutes.

It's now updated to 1.09. 1.06-1.08 take like 10 minutes total, while 1.09 does take quite a bit of time. I think 20-30 minutes for verification and 20 for installing the update is an exaggeration though.

I wasn't successful in getting them to switch it to widescreen. Maybe one of you can get them to change the setting.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:45 pm

Doubtful. Nobody there seems to know what it is or how it works much less be willing do anything with it.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:21 am

Team Infinity should have just made it so that the game automatically switches to widescreen if it detects a MK9 and a 1080p monitor.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:14 am

A code you could put in to force it (and stick on your USB profile) would be nice. If it's only in effect while that specific player is playing, and you could even limit it to single player games or make both players agree, you can just let the player pick whichever they prefer (or accept whatever the machine is set to).
A normality test:
+++ATH

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:49 am

Went back today. Even though I stuffed myself with Tex-Mex food just before I went here (I didn't get much, so it must have been the queso dip. I got the smallest but it was still large for one person) and I don't think I did as well as I usually do. Managed to finally get an S on Beethoven Virus Hard with little bar usage and even the spins.

There was this little girl who wanted to play, so I offered the other pad to her on my second stage of my credit. She didn't really do well, but I didn't tell her that because I'm not a dick. We played Baroque Virus the first round and Beethoven Virus (she really wanted to play it for some reason) the second. She did fail both rounds, and I guess she didn't do well enough to have a third stage since the game ended after my third stage.

Also, earlier there was a couple that was watching me. They asked me how I got so good at the game (I had just played either Hot Issue S10, Fire S15, or Don't Bother Me S10) and I said, "I've been playing games like this for years." Usually I do say that there's a bunch of people who are way better than me, but I didn't mention that.

It makes me happy though that people can still find these games interesting though.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:59 am

Yeah, I remember the days when randos would watch people play DDR and be astounded.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:48 am

To be fair, those were also the days when people went to arcades.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:55 am

Reddit's telling me the department of revenue shut them down. RIP Pump Infinity

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:11 pm

I remember we were talking earlier about them not paying ASCAP/BMI for music performance rights. Were they not paying their taxes either? Man, these guys are a business mess.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:15 pm

http://www.wthr.com/story/30635224/lati ... of-revenue

As I recall, it was stuff like this that ultimately doomed Block Party back in the day. And, to be clear, it had nothing to do with the awesome management team that was here in Indy. It was the non-local owner that was the shady deadbeat. I wonder if Latitude Indianapolis is getting boned by corporate in Florida or if it's the local folks that are incompetent.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Ho wrote:http://www.wthr.com/story/30635224/lati ... of-revenue

As I recall, it was stuff like this that ultimately doomed Block Party back in the day. And, to be clear, it had nothing to do with the awesome management team that was here in Indy. It was the non-local owner that was the shady deadbeat. I wonder if Latitude Indianapolis is getting boned by corporate in Florida or if it's the local folks that are incompetent.
As per that link, both the Indianapolis and Florida locations are getting sued over unpaid/back rent so I am inclined to think that this may be a corporate level issue and that Latitude may be on the way out sadly.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:32 pm

I still have money on my arcade card. I'm guessing that money's never coming back to me.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:09 am

I happened to go there on Wednesday of last week (November 25), and it was closed. No indication of such on their calendar, so I assume it's related. There was nothing in the parking lot aside from the vehicles they normally have parked up in the fire lane (I have no idea how they get away with this - possibly there is an always-on-duty employee who's job is to move them in the event of fire? They frequently have flat tires, though...) which, given that they're emblazoned with their logos, are presumably owned by them. I didn't even think to check the doors for signs as I didn't even make it into their parking lot before turning around and completing the waste of 1hr+ of my life driving to a venue that turned out to be closed.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:14 am

Might not be related. I just went there on Tuesday. I don't think it would be randomly shut down in the middle of the week, but stranger things have happened. They did recently start opening at 2 though, which now that I think about it I should have seen that as a red flag.

Also, nice Facebook comment Chad!